“Great Place to Stay”

Ranked #46 of 71 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Rome, Ohio
“Great Place to Stay”
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Came into town for an engagement party with my in-laws. April, at the front desk, went out of her way to make sure my handicapped father-in-law was very comfortable. Rooms were clean and cozy, nice pool with Whirlpool. We took advantage of the free shuttle which drove us to dinner and back. The young man,at the night desk, told us about a little Italian place, which was good!!
We will be coming into town a lot over the next year, for wedding plans, and will stay here again and again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Pittsburgh Neville Island, responded to this review, 19 March 2013
JaniceD411,
Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review about your stay with us at Fairfield Inn & Suites. We're glad you stayed with us and enjoyed your visit. I'm pleased to know that April was able to provide special assistance for you and that you felt well taken care of by our staff. We appreciate your kind comments and look forward to seeing you again.
Meg Barron

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Ellicott City, Maryland
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Nice hotel! Very well kept with a friendly staff. Better than expected breakfast. Was in town for a funeral and this hotel was chosen purely because of it's proximity to that function. Can't say I was surprised at the hotel or staff. I've never been disappointed at a Marriott hotel.

Room Tip: Overlooking the river is nice in the morning when you open the curtains.
Dan8605,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us at Fairfield Inn & Suites. We appreciate you choosing stay with us. I'm glad you liked our hotel, staff, and breakfast. Glad you've never been disappointed at a Marriott hotel! Thanks again for your compliments. We look forward to seeing you again.
Rochster, NY
Reviewed 4 March 2013

We usually stay at Fairfield Hotels and we chose this one based on reviews and that it was contemporary design like the one we stay in in Raleigh, NC. The front desk people were friendly on check in. It was snowing and very cold outdoors so we couldn't enjoy the outdoor firepit we read about. We also got in late and didn't get a river view, they were all taken, but our rooms were clean and quiet. The neighborhood is industrial but right opposite the the expressway access. Our King room didn't have a refrigerator or microwave which surprised me when i went to use the frig - that surprised me! Breakfast was good with scrambled egg and sausage (hot and cold) selections. Our daughter used the exercise room and enjoyed it. I wanted to get to the pool but didn't after a day of shopping at Ikea and then going to Hofbrauhaus! Overall the hotel is very nice, a little more casual (dressed) staff than some other Fairfields we've visited, but very friendly and caring. Rooms very clean but could improve on overall hotel cleaning a little (we wiped our own breakfast table each morning) and dust in stair wells, several garbage cans overflowing outside front door and in breakfast area each day. But overall above average hotel still because of the cleanliness and comfort of the rooms. Not sure if we will stay here again yet.

Room Tip: Just be specific and kind and communicate what's most important to you.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Pittsburgh Neville Island, responded to this review, 11 March 2013
Constance S,
Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review about your recent stay with us at Fairfield Inn & Suites. We appreciate you and your family staying with us while visiting the area. I'm glad you liked our friendly staff as well as our clean and quite rooms. Your feedback about the overall cleanliness of the hotel has been heard and will be highlighted in our next staff meeting. It is always helpful to hear comments like yours, so we can make improvements to our service in all areas. I hope you had a great time shopping and eating at the special restaurants around us. We welcome you and your family back when the weather is warm and you'll be able to enjoy the outdoor fire pit. Thanks again.
Allegany, New York
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I seldom take the time to write reviews but I was so pleased with this hotel I had to review it. I almost didn't stay here because another website only rated this location 2 stars. I believe the site was recently remodeled as everything appeared to be brand new. There was a sign at the counter apologizing for any noise from the renovations. I didn't hear any noises & it appeared they were about done. Our room appeared to be brand new- everything was clean. Pure white tiles in the bathroom shower- great water pressure. It was quiet too- got a good night's sleep. We didn't eat breakfast there but they did have a free breakfast & several people seemed to be enjoying it.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd floor- very pleased with our room. I believe all rooms are non-smoking which is...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Pittsburgh Neville Island, responded to this review, 4 March 2013
Jill H,
Thank you for your delightful review. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us at Fairfield Inn & Suites. I'm glad you liked our clean, comfortable suites as well as our new look. We appreciate you taking time to tell others of our great hotel, and we hope you'll have another opportunity to visit us. Thanks again.
Martinsburg, West Virginia
Reviewed 20 February 2013

Stayed one night on a business trip 2/19/13. Perfect accommodations in every way from the room, to the river view, to breakfast, to staff! Quietest room for outside noise I ever stayed in.Hope to get back there again.

Room Tip: I REALLY liked the river view side!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Pittsburgh Neville Island, responded to this review, 26 February 2013
redoak1953,
Thank you for your review. We're pleased you stayed with us, and we're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit. I'm glad you had a nice, quite visit and hope to return. We hope you will too! Thanks again.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 January 2013

I tried this hotel over the weekend with 3 teenagers for a winter "staycation". They had a blast in the pool, I loved the clean, stylish room, and the view of the Ohio river was beautiful! I could not believe that I was paying so little for a water view, a fridge, a microwave, and a free breakfast in a lovely dining area. I only wish that my stay had happened in warmer weather, because the hotel has a beautiful outdoor patio with seating and a fireplace on the river front. The desk staff members were delightful and helpful from start to finish. I highly reccommend this hotel when visiting the Pittsburgh area. It's near the airport, right on north/south interstate 79, and a great alternative to pricey downtown hotels near the stadiums.

Room Tip: The odd numbers have river views. Don't worry about the fact that the hotel sits next to I-79...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank SteelCityCampbells
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Pittsburgh Neville Island, responded to this review, 11 January 2013
SteelCityCampbells,
Thank you for your kind review. We're glad you chose to stay with us for a "staycation" and enjoyed your visit. I'm glad the crew had a nice time swimming in the pool and you all enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. Please plan to visit us again, maybe in the warmer months when you can enjoy our outdoor patio and relax by the fire pit.
Meg Barron, General Manager
Sylvania, Ohio
Reviewed 2 October 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a skating competition. The hotel was convenient for what we needed. It was a short 10 minute drive to the Robinson Twp area that has every restaurant typical of the suburbs. The hotel was clean and staff was very friendly. The pool and outdoor riverfront area was a nice treat after a competition.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Pittsburgh Neville Island, responded to this review, 4 October 2012
mbniedermier,
Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us. We're pleased you enjoyed your visit. I'm glad you found our hotel clean and our staff friendly. We hope you enjoyed your skating competition. Please come and visit us again soon.