“Superior customer service!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Superior customer service!”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

The bell staff were amazing, the shuttle drivers went above and beyond in order to help me.... My new favorite place to stay in downtown Pittsburgh!

• Stayed March 2012
DoubletreePitt, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this review, 7 April 2012
We are thrilled to hear that you had a great experience. I will be sure to recognize our bell staff for their outstanding efforts and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

smasullo@doubletreepgh.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 29 March 2012

My 17-year-old son and I stayed here while visiting Carnegie Mellon. I wanted a suite so we'd both have a little privacy. The suite area was fine but rather dark and a little dingy. The bedroom was nice. The walls were very thin, and while in the sofabed, I could clearly hear every word spoken by the guests in the next room. Their voices were a little loud, but they were not having a raucous party - this was just conversation. There's only one restaurant, and its dinner menu is nice but limited. No entree salad choices at all. Very few options for me with my gluten-free diet. Room service was prompt, but the food was ordinary. When I couldn't find my claim check to get my rental car out of the garage, one garage attendant shrugged his shoulders and refused to help me, as if I was supposed to abandon my rental car there and take a taxi to the airport. He said they didn't know what space it was in without the claim check. Another attendant opened a filing box and and in less than 5 seconds found the garage's copy of my claim check so they knew were my car was parked. All he needed was my last name. Obviously the first guy just didn't feel like helping me, even though I was a paying customer of the hotel. Worst service I've had in a long time. I do not plan to return.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for taking your time to provide feedback during your recent stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Pittsburgh Downtown. We strive to provide the highest quality of service and I would like the opportunity to hear more about your experience to gain your confidence in giving our property another chance at serving you. Our award winning restaurant, the Bigelow Grille, frequently changes their menu to accommodate what are guests are looking to eat, based on the season. Please contact me directly should you wish to provide further feedback. I look forward to hearing from you.

Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I have been traveling to Pittsburgh frequently in the last few months. The first 2 times I stayed at the Marriott as recommended by my peers. It was OK, but nothing great for the high price. This time I stayed at the Doubletree across the street. I was so pleased with my choice. The hotel is updated and has nice amenities. But, the staff was what stood out to me. They were very helpful. I was impressed with the guests whose names they knew. These guests keep coming back trip after trip.

The only somewhat negative comments I have are regarding the restaurant. I hve eaten there a couple of times and have been less than impressed. The food missed the mark and was very overpriced. Rather than I

Room Tip: have not stayed there enough to make a recommendation
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for posting your nice comments regarding your stay with us on Trip Advisor. I am glad that you had the opportunity to experience our friendly staff. Should you return to the Pittsburgh area, we look forward to welcoming you back and getting to know you as well. Please contact me directly should you need assistance with a future reservation.

Warmest Regards,

Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Stayed here for a conference over a weekend. The room we had requested was sold out, but they accommodated us very nicely. The staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel looked immaculate. The food provided by the hotel for the conference was delicious. Very close to Consol Energy Center and downtown.

• Stayed May 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post comments regarding your experience on Trip Advisor. I will send kudos and share your comments to our banquets and catering team. We hope to see you again in the future.

Hudson, Wisconsin
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Excellent Service!! Front desk was pleasant and friendly. They were able adjust my stay immediately upon my arrival and the fresh cookies were a happy suprise.

• Stayed March 2012
We work very hard to provide excellent service to our guests and I am thrilled to hear of your experience. Please come see us again so we can welcome you back with our smiles and, of course, the famous warm cookies.

Warmest Regards,

los angeles
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Let me start with the good...no the great...the apstaff at this hotel was outstanding....truly...if I could take them with me on all my travels I would...and the cookie at check in was super!

Ok....moving on...I had a suite in the hotel...a one bedroom suite that was something out of the 80s...and let's be honest...I am only there to sleep so the decor was not important. But when I have a one bedroom suite I don't expect to have to hear everything going on in the other rooms...and when I say everything....I mean it....there was no real privacy...I heard the fights upstairs, the crying and screaming down the hall..and all the other things we do ... So yes...that was not good...

First night I ordered room service...was tired...and just wanted to get in my pjs do some work and eat....the meal was ok...I then ordered breakfast to be delivered n the morning....it was going to allow me some extra time and was happy to do it...hands down...the worst breakfast I have ever eaten....I ordered it for 8:15am....pretty sure it was made a couple of hours earlier and then brought to me then. So...needless to say that was the last time I ate in my room.

There were a wee little things that bothered me....the newspaper didn't come everyday....things not put away properly...but those are my personal issues...

I have recently opened an office in Pittsburgh and will be there a we times a year.....this will no be a hotel I go back to...which is a shame...because I do Liem consistency when I travel and tend to go back to the same hotels over and over....

I hope that they are planning a redo of the hotel...because it has great bones and could really be a premier place...but not wil me...

1 Thank szferris
DoubletreePitt, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay. We truly appreciate you acknowledging the efforts of our team members providing you with exceptional guest service.

I had an opportunity to review your reservation and noticed that you were in a suite on the 13th floor. Unfortunately, this floor has not yet been renovated and apologize for the older decor. We have now renovated 130 guest rooms and they can be viewed on Tripadvisor or our Facebook page. When your travels bring you back to Pittsburgh, I would welcome the opportunity to place you in one of our new rooms and redeem your faith in our hotel.

We sincerely appreciate your feedback and wish you every success with the opening of your new Pittsburgh Office.

Best regards,

Michael O'Donoghue
Director of Hotel Operations
modonoghue@doubletreepgh.com
Lancaster, NY
Reviewed 10 March 2012

We spent 3 nights here, during which I was running a small Conference (100 people) The sales & catering managers (Holly & Jeanne) & staff could not have been more accommodating, flexible & helpful. Banquet rooms were correctly prepared for each event & Jason the AV whiz was always present to ensure each speaker's presentation was ready to roll. The banquet servers were extremely professional and anticipated all my requests (thank you Manny, Connie & crew!)

The food was of a high quality and reasonably priced. Our group in particular loved the tiramisu cake served at lunch. In addition, the cost for the entire Conference package was very competitive as compared to several other downtown locations.

We had a spacious 1-bedroom suite with a very comfortable king bed. A minor problem with a slow bathtub drain was corrected in minutes. As this property is a former apartment building, we did find the bathroom a bit small. Our suite also included a small microwave & refrigerator, and fiat screen tvs in both the living room area & bedroom.

All of the staff-from the servers, bartenders and hostesses in the onsite Bigelow Grille restaurant, to the front desk and the bellmen/shuttle drivers were genuinely friendly & made us feel welcome. I would not hesitate to bring another group/event back to the DoubleTree. And for the icing on the cake, they are very pet friendly and welcomed our small dogs (small park across the street from hotel) for a $50 fee. All this & chocolate chop cookies too. Kudos to all.

• Stayed March 2012
DoubletreePitt, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this review, 11 March 2012
Thank you for sharing your great experience with us! We are thrilled that your stay was enjoyable and our staff was accomodating to your needs. We hope to see you again very soon.