DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Omni William Penn Hotel(Pittsburgh)
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
1,708 results
All reviewsbigelow grilledouble treefront deskwarm cookiesqueen suitevalet parkingacross the streetnice hotelfree shuttlesubway stationduquesne universitywithin walking distancepenguins gameshuttle servicehockey gameupon checkfitness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 March 2013

On a hockey roadtrip and have booked exclusively at Hilton this year. Doubletree in Detroit knocked our socks off last night......amazing attention to detail and terrific personable and sincere service. In Pittsburgh (tonight is first of 2 nights) just not the same. Biggest surprise? No cookies! My 12 year old LOVED this treat in Detroit but not to be had here. Upon checking in were were advised that we were getting a newly renovated room on the 19th floor......sadly again, room layout and bathroom size pale in comparison to Detroit. Small things like the glasses in the room (great glasses in Detroit,perfect for my glass of wine) are replaced with simple well used water glasses here. Detroit? $140 a night...pittsburgh? Over $200 a night and both booked directly with hotel. At the end of the day it's "OK"......my expectations for doubletree might be just a bit high. If you can get a good deal take it, as for me, I'll be checking out tripadvisor for my next Pittsburgh trip.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
DoubletreePitt, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We appreciate all feedback as it helps us to identify the areas in which we do well and those that may need improvement. We strive to provide each and every guest with a rewarding experience and I am disappointed we fell short of your expectations. Please contact me directly should there be anything I can do to gain an opportunity for a second chance of providing the experience to you that we typically pride ourselves in.

Reviewed 9 March 2013

Travelled with a couple of friends for a Steelers game, and hotel worked out just fine. Had a great time in the bar, crashing a wedding. We didn't eat there, so the review is limited to just the room (and the cookie...great!). We had a room with a bedroom and a fold-out couch. Everything was clean and neat.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank dugsage
DoubletreePitt, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2013

Thank you for choosing the Doubletree by Hilton Pittsburgh Downtown for your football weekend in Pittsburgh! We appreciate all feedback provided on Trip Advisor and are glad you had a good time with us.

Hope to see you again in the future,

Reviewed 26 February 2013

I would give this hotel a higher score if I could. We arrived early (9:30am) and we were able to check into our room with our cookies. As a diamond member I recieved free breakfast buffets for each morning which was great. While checking in we asked where a good place fore breakfast was and was offered two more complimentary buffets to be used after we dropped off our bags which was very nice.

The Hotel is just about walking distance to everything in pittsburgh. The hockey arena is 1 block away, it took about 15 minutes to walk to the strip district and Point Park. If walking isn't your thing they have a shuttle service that runs until 10:30pm on a first come first serve basis (which was able to pick us up or bring us to every place in pittsburgh within 10 minutes of the request).

If this wasn't enough we had a late flight out of pittsburgh and asked if we could check out after 12 which was not a problem we ended up checking out at 1:30.

I travel alot for work but this was my first time in pittsburgh. Let me just say whenever I come back this will be where I will be staying.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert M
DoubletreePitt, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2013

Thank you for sharing such a great review regarding your recent stay on Trip Advisor! We take pride in creating rewarding experiences and we would be thrilled to welcome you back to the same comfort and amenities in the future.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 24 February 2013

Stayed here last weekend and having trouble writing this review. On one hand the staff and service was great and our room was pretty good too. But it wasn't without it's strangeness.

We had a one bedroom queen suite (933) and it was very nice. Our room had the most bizarre quirk I've even encountered in a hotel though... There is a second room that looks like something out of "The Shining" attached to this room and accessed via a very small door in the sitting area!! We only noticed the little door and the room because this little room has a window in it and light was coming in, otherwise we would have thought it was just some random service panel. Anyways, we used a coin, opened the panel and I stuck my head through the door to this small (30sqft) room that attached to our room... This room had a light, stool, window, plug, and a few other random things in it (including some strange wallpaper). The bizarre thing is that this room was accessed via the sitting area but joined shared a wall with our bathroom and bathroom mirror. Gotta admit, it was more than a little bit creepy. I wish I had taken pictures. If you have a chance, book in to this room and see what I'm talking about. The door is not obvious, it's a square service panel door one the ground right next to the desk.

Otherwise the hotel is nice enough. Valet parking was expensive and super slow. No option on site for self-parking and if you're coming down at check-out time be prepared to wait at least 30 minutes. There's parking a couple blocks away that's half the cost and you can get your car when you want it.

Staff were great, and the pool is big with great service (the front desk had our robes delivered to the pool for us). Overall I'd probably stay here again, but I'd probably stay in a different room.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jason S
DoubletreePitt, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2013

Jason,
Thank you for completing a review of your recent stay. We appreciate your wonderful comments about the service you received.

The "secret" room you discovered was an old kitchen dating back to when the hotel was an apartment building. The kitchens were enclosed when the hotel was converted from a Ramada Inn to a DoubleTree By Hilton in 2006.

Thanks again for your review.

Michael O'Donoghue
Director of Hotel Operations
modonoghue@doubletreepgh.com
412-586-1866

Reviewed 24 February 2013

Went through an online hotel booking site. When we arrived we were told we had a one night stay. We booked two nights. Check in desk had to discuss with the manager. We did get the two nights. Questions to the desk and the online booking site could not tell us where the problem resided. On check out, my address was listed as San Francisco but with the correct name and credit card. The check in service rep was quite friendly, courteous and responsive as was the service from all the employees. The indoor pool was most appreciated by our 2 year old granddaughter. We used no other services other than the garage. Most of our time was spent in the CMU area (Oakland Shadyside). I would book again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mikechnj

Mike,
Thank you for sharing your DoubleTree By Hilton Pittsburgh experience. I had an opportunity to review your reservation and see that it was made through a 3rd party online travel agent. The only information they provide to us is your first and last name. All other information such as address, email address and phone number are that of the travel agency. The travel agency made two one night reservations for you, which is why at the time of check in the front desk agent believed your were only staying one night. We were able to combine both reservations so you did not have to worry about checking out and then in again. I hope this helps clarify your concerns. We appreciate you mentioning the wonderful service you received and hope your granddaughter enjoyed her visit.

Safe travels,