“10/10 DoubleTree by Hilton & Suites located Downtown Pittsburgh!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown
Ranked #31 of 74 Hotels in Pittsburgh
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I booked this hotel for a girls get away weekend. This hotel surpassed my expectations and went out of their way to accommodate us during our stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton & Suites located Downtown Pittsburgh! Prith, the manager went above and beyond accommodating our needs during this trip! He upgraded our hotel room from two double beds to an executive suite! I simply asked how much it would be to upgrade and he went out of his way to make those arrangements. This was my first time staying there as well as the other girls who came along with me on this trip. Speaking on behalf of everyone we had excellent service and the hotel was 10/10 all around! I will recommend this hotel to everyone I know visiting Pittsburgh and I know for a fact that the other girls will do the same! Thank you for your wonderful hospitality … You will certainly see us again in the near future!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DoubletreePitt, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Jessica R,

Thank you for choosing the Doubletree Hotel for your recent stay. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback and look forward to serving you again in the future. I am so happy to hear that Prith could upgrade you to a suite to better accommodate you during your stay. Hope to see you again soon and if you need to make future reservation please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Front Desk Manager
412-281-5800

Write a ReviewReviews (1,693)

Reviewed 16 July 2014

The hotel is very nice and comfortable, I admit I took shameless advantage of the free cookies (which are pretty good). The bed is pretty comfortable and there were no complaints at all really. Though they had one big problem where they erroneously extended my stay by another day at an exorbitant rate. After a couple calls they realized their error and got it corrected, but was still a pain to have to deal with.

1  Thank Thomas B

Dear Thomas B,

Thank you for choosing our property for your recent stay in Pittsburgh. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback from your experience. We are pleased you enjoyed our comfortable beds and your time with us. I want to apologize that there was a problem with your billing but I am glad it got resolved and corrected. We hope for another opportunity to serve you again soon!

Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Loved the cookies at check-in. Staff was very good and friendly. The pool was locked and they immediately opened it for us. Clean and comfortable rooms. the location was very good for downtown locations, subway across the street.

Dear Larry F,

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites, Pittsburgh - Downtown. We know that you have a choice of hotels in the area and are pleased that you chose our property for your stay. We are very concerned that our team strives to provide the highest quality of service and we hope that we have another opportunity to serve you in the future. We are pleased to hear that the staff was friendly and you got to enjoy our pool. We hope to see you again soon and we always have a ton of cookies at the front desk!!

Warmest regards,

Front Desk Office

Reviewed 16 July 2014

My friend and I had a wonderful time at this hotel. We were both completely unfamiliar with the city of Pittsburgh and the staff went out of their way to assist us with directions and recommendations. The shuttle service was excellent--dropped us off at Pamela's Diner and picked us up again! We greatly enjoyed the experience. And, I guess we have to mention, the free cookies were a pretty great plus too!

Dear Lauren T,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay on Tripadvisor. We are pleased by your comments and glad that you enjoyed your time spent with us. We hope to see you again for your next trip to Pittsburgh!

Prith Shah
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 15 July 2014

terrible hotel. the location was fine but the rooms were awful. there is no soundproofing to the outside of the building. Room was not very clean and was very small and poorly appointed. hallway had an odor and a used toilet plunger was sitting across the hall from me my entire stay

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Jody H
Prith S, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Jody H.,

Thank you for your review. Please allow me to extend our apologies for all the mishaps that occurred during your stay. We aim to please every guest and take these comments very serious. Our team is trained to take these concerns and make sure they don’t happen again. We are in the process of renovations and we are committed to ensure your satisfaction if you give us another opportunity. We We’d like to see you again soon to show how much we’ve improved. If you could please contact so we can go over the incidents in more detail.

Regards,

Ernesto Breijo
Night Manager
Ebreijo@DoubleTreePGH.com
412.281.5800

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We really enjoyed our stay and as the meeting were long it was always nice to get back to the hotel and relax. The staff was very nice and when it comes to sleeping the beds are the best we have ever slept on in a hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Joel B.,

Thank you for your review. We hope to see you again in the near future. I have to agree the beds are incredibly comfortable.

Regards,

Ernesto Breijo
Night Manager
412.281.5800

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I would like to start as saying, I stayed here before and it was fine. This time I was on the 5th floor, the last time I was on a much higher floor. Wedding party in the rooms all around us. Had to call security. Room was not real clean, AC was not at it's best. I had 2 rooms that night the other couple had the same complaints.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Scott B
Prith S, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear Scott B,

Thank you for choosing the Doubletree by Hilton Pittsburgh Downtown for your recent stay.
We are extremely disappointed that your stay was so negative and that we did not correct the issues that you reported while on property. We greatly value your loyalty and patronage at our property and I would like the opportunity to speak with you so that we can make things right. We are in the process of renovations and we are committed to ensure your satisfaction if you give us another opportunity. I can be reached at 412-586-1847 or alternatively pshah@doubletreepgh.com. I hope for the opportunity to speak with you and serve you in the future.

Prith Shah