DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown
US$143
US$135
  • Pool
Omni William Penn Hotel(Pittsburgh)
US$229
US$182
US$163
Priceline
1,716 results
All reviewsbigelow grilledouble treefront deskwarm cookiesqueen suitevalet parkingacross the streetnice hotelfree shuttlesubway stationduquesne universitywithin walking distancepenguins gameshuttle servicehockey gameupon checkfitness center
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My daughter and I stayed here for our visit to Duquesne University. The location is great. The service is great. The room was clean and the staff was terrific. We will definitely be back. Thanks to everyone who made our Pittsburgh stay a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Prith S, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Cincy4,

Thank you for your review! We're glad you had a wonderful experience in Pittsburgh. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

412.281.5800

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Traveled to Pittsburgh from TX for a wedding at Duquesne University the weekend of July 12th 2014. Joey at the front desk was more then accommodating and had a great smile. Very helpful.The warm chocolate chip cookies were a great treat! We had family come to the hotel to get ready for the wedding. The suite room was spacious. The furniture was not as comfortable, especially the pull out sofa couch.Sitting on it was not good don't know about sleeping on it. It was hard for our elderly parents to get up out of and for us too. The furniture was not great. The decor was not beautiful. The bed was very comfy. Air conditioning worked well.The large picture window looking out over Pittsburgh roads and Consol Energy Center was dirty, could've been cleaner.
Being a Diamond Club member we have stayed in a lot of nice Hilton hotels. This one is okay has far as eye appeal, nothing great. The front desk staff however was one of the best.
Location is a key for this hotel it is in a great spot, you can walk to a lot of places.
Parking was easy and getting in and out was quick.
Breakfast at Bigelow Grill on Sunday morning was very nice.
Would stay here again if visiting Pittsburgh PA.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Wendy K.,

Thank you for your review. We're glad you had a lovely time in Pittsburgh and glad we could help. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

412.281.5800

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Doubletree Downtown Pittsburgh: I like the location. I love the parking staff and the staff at the Bigelow restaurant! The HHonors program is one of the best I have experienced in the business but unfortunately the overall experience of this downtown hotel is not so good. Too many service holes to fill. Saying one thing to a customer checking and then saying something completely different to another while both are stay within the check-in counter is not professional. Discussing breaks and longs at work is not professional. I greatly appreciate the men and women of the hotel putting in long hours. However, I don't need to hear about it nor infer that somehow those long hours are the reason for my stay to be any less. I have had nothing but a fantastic experience at the DoubleTree at Green Tree, PA. Yes, it is just outside of downtown Pittsburgh and a bit inconvenient when I have meetings downtown but it is worth it. Hopefully, the downtown Doubletree figures out they need to compete with everybody else downtown.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Luis Antonio R
Prith S, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Mr. Louis Antonio R,

Thank you for taking the time to provide an honest review of your stay at our property. Our team strives to provide the highest level of service and we apologize for falling below expectations during your visit. I am investigating the issues you faced so they can be corrected and prevented from hindering any guest experience in the future. If possible I would like the opportunity to personally speak with you so that I can better understand the service failures and make things right. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 412-586-1847 or alternatively pshah@doubletreepgh.com. Your loyalty and patronage is greatly valued, I sincerely hope to hear from you and for another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Warmest Regards,

Prith Shah
Director of Front Office

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Exceptional and accommodating employees. Expensive for someone just going to a ball game. Very comfortable beds. Would have liked to have a fridge. Very close to subway. Had wi-fi. It was clean. Just a bit noisy. Some partiers were out in the halls quite late. The location was perfect. Close to sports - close to strip district.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Paula C.,

Thank you for your review. Apologies for the noise, we do aim to keep our nights as peaceful and quite as possible. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Front desk provided me with the right key, but the wrong room number printed on the paper card sleeve. I tried several times to open the door, only to discover that another guest was in the room. When I called downstairs, then realized their mistake; one floor difference. No sincere appology, no checking on me to see if I made it to the correct room. AC didn't work all that well. Room was clean, however.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Rob C

Dear Rob C.,

Thank you for your review. Please accept my apology on behalf of DoubleTree for your recent concerns during your stay. Our team is trained to handle these concerns and we unfortunately let you down. We stride to provide excellent service to our guest. Your feedback is of great value to us and we sincerely apologize for falling below your expectations. I hope that we have another opportunity to serve you again so you can see our improvements.

Thank you for your patronage, I hope to hear from you in the near future.

(412) 281 5800