DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown
GreenLeadersGold level
Detroit, United States
“Lots of space”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

The space in the queen suite was excellent. My only complaint is the bathroom is small, which seems like a silly design mistake given the size of the sitting room area. There's only a pedestal sink and no room to store toiletries in the bathroom. But it was very clean and quiet. The fitness center is a big plus too.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Prith S, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Randi B.,

Thank you for your review. We look forward to seeing you again.

412.281.5800

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Korean first
Lakewood, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

I stayed at the DoubleTree for two nights on business and really enjoyed my stay. The hotel itself is okay--it could honestly use a remodel as some of my furnishings in my room were pretty banged up and "tired." The room itself though was clean. I was going to give a 3-star review, but changed my mind and upped it to 4-star by the end of my stay due to the customer service that I experienced while staying at the DoubleTree. From check-in to housekeeping, to asking for change and going to the front desk to get an umbrella, everyone I encountered was amazingly pleasant. I really can't remember the last time I stayed at a hotel or resort where literally everyone I dealt with was kind and helpful. Throw in an update to the rooms and that, along with the employees, would really make this place a top-notch hotel in downtown Pittsburgh.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear shari682,

Thank you for your review! Your comments have been shared with the staff. Glad we could make you stay as best as we could.

412.281.5800
Pennsylvania, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite this past spring and though the decor seemed a little worn, everything was clean and tidy. This might be a standard hotel stay, except the marvelous staff was beyond accommodating! When we arrived, there was a complementary snack tray set up in the room. We were traveling with my newborn baby girl, so I needed to be in the room rather early each night. So that I could order dinner from surrounding restaurants, they would escort the delivery person to my door. At every turn, the staff was so accommodating... And that truly makes the difference between a good hotel and a great one!

Room Tip: I only stayed in the 2 bedroom suite, but there was ample room... Much more than needed really, plus...
Green Features: Each garbage can had a separator to allow for recycling. Also, there was an electrical panel requiring your room card to allow for conservation of energy.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Prith S, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear LadyAn2297,

Thank you for your review! I'm glad we were so helpful and made your staff great.

West Grove, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Double Tree is an older hotel that needs an upgrade. Lobby is beautiful but that is where it stopped. My room had crumbs on the floor, we even found a pretzel. The room was small and dated. The shuttle only goes to certain places not as many as listed. The chocolate chip cookies they serve have walnuts in them and my son has a nut allergy so it was one of the most stressful hotel stays I have had so far. No where on the information about the hotel does it list that the cookies have nuts in them, I would advise that this should be fixed immediately. I was disappointed with what I got for the high price. Also the pool had some missing tiles. The hotel was not the quality I am used to with a Double Tree.

Room Tip: I am not sure there is a good room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank tk6717
Prith S, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Tk6717,

Thank you for choosing the Doubletree by Hilton Pittsburgh Downtown for your recent visit. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and I sincerely apologize that your stay did not meet the expectations that you have come to expect from Doubletree. The tribulations you faced brings us great disappointment and If possible I would like to request an opportunity to personally speak with you so that we can correct the issues you faced and make things right. I can be reached at 412-586-1847 or alternatively pshah@doubletreepgh.com. I thank you again for staying with us and truly wish to show you that we can recover from these issues and improve our product and services.

Warmest Regards,

Prith Shah
Director of Front Office
Lancaster, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Mostly clean room with the most comfortable hotel bed/sheets I've ever slept in. They use Crabtree & Evelyn toiletries which smelled great! Room service was a bit on the $$ side but delivered promptly and food was great. Valet service was also very convenient. Would stay here again if in the area.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Prith S, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Ashley Z.,

Thank you for your review. We look forward to seeing again.

Newfane, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Great service and knowledgeable, friendly staff to say the very least. So satisfied with everything from the room, dining, etc. My nearly 12-year-old daughter and myself attended the Katy Perry concert at the Consol Energy Center. We enjoyed the sight seeing, the fact that the center was within a 5 minute walk from the Hilton and enjoyed the staff, the room, the pool and all the amenities. The staff was very friendly and trustworthy and very accommodating in every way!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Julie S.,

Thank you for your review. We look forward to seeing you again.

Tunkhannock, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

I only stayed in the hotel for one night for business, but had a great experience. The front desk workers were very friendly - I requested a refrigerator in my room (I'm a nursing mother and needed to keep pumped milk cold), so they upgraded me at not cost to make sure I had a mini fridge. The room was very clean and large - no complaints there! I also ate breakfast at the hotel in the morning and was very pleased with the food. And you can't beat a noon check-out time!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Prith S, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Amanda B.,

Thank you for your review! Glad we were able to help so much. We look forward to seeing you again.