Stayed at this hotel for business. I loved the warm cookies that you get when you check in and they let me check in early as i needed to attend a meeting in the hotel within the hour. Best part about staying at this hotel, you were within walking distance to Market Square so you had plenty of food choices and shopping. The casino is within 5 miles and the shuttle will take you there within certain hours. Best part is that you don't have to buy from the hotel store and pay crazy prices, there is a 7-Eleven attached to the hotel with NORMAL prices (convience store price). I had a nice view of downtown and it was a pretty comfortable stay (comfortable bed). I had one of their upgraded rooms, which had a really trendy chair that i was able to sit and gaze out at the view. Flat screen tv with the usual channels (mostly sports). Hotel was far fron the airport and traffic getting in and out of downtown was terrible. I do have a few cons:
1. Parking was so expensive, it was about $20 a day (valet only). However you could go and come as much as you wanted for no additional fees
2. Bathroom was really, really small. However the shower was definitely great.
3. Elevators were always busy, had to wait quite a bit for an elevator at certain times of the day
4. Organic restaurant in the hotel was just okay. I ordered a bacon burger and they burned the meat.
I will say that their Carrot Cake in the hotel restaurant was to die for. It was so moist and fluffy.
All in all, this was a pretty good stay and since my meetings were in the same hotel I really didn't need to leave for anything. Hotel staff was very pleasant and welcoming, they definitely made the visit worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown - in the heart of the central business district between the U.S. Steel Tower and BNY Mellon Complexes, within 25 minutes of Pittsburgh International (PIT) Airport. Features complimentary shuttle around downtown and convenient access to the 'T' public transport from downtown to North Shore, spacious guest rooms and suites with free WiFi, 24-hour fitness center, indoor pool and other amenities you will need for your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Hotel And Suites Pittsburgh Downtown
- Doubletree Pittsburgh
- Doubletree Hotel Pittsburgh City Center
- Pittsburgh Doubletree