The Priory Hotel
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmonk's bargrand hallbenedictine monasteryeuropean style breakfastmax's allegheny tavernfree parkingpnc parknorth sidehard boiled eggscontinental breakfastshuttle servicefresh fruitsitting roomunique hotelthe andy warhol museumchain hotelshigh ceilings
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 December 2008

The Priory is absolutely beautiful. I have stayed here several times and love the uniqueness of each room. The feel of the inn is antique-yet-comfortable. It's both cozy and gorgeous. This is a completely different experience from staying at a big hotel chain - and definitely NOT a disappointing experience. The staff is always pleasant and incredibly helpful.

I highly recommend the Priory for anyone looking to stay in Pittsburgh.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2008

I stayed at the Priory many times over the years, for business and personal travel. I always have a very positive experience. The hotel is in a convenient location, close to downtown, North Shore attractions, and major highways. The rooms are always comfortable, the staff exceedingly helpful and pleasant, and the architecture is stunning. I would not stay anywhere else in the 'Burgh but the Priory.

Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed 10 October 2008

I had not stayed at The Priory for over 15 years, and was happy to have a chance to give it another visit. I was greeted by Henry Zander, a warm and personable gentleman who I later had a wonderful conversation with. Henry went out of his way to make me feel welcomed back after my long absense, and he was able to answer all my questions and arrange for the best option for me to get to my meeting downtown with the complimentary transportation.

The Priory is a lovely city inn. It almost speaks of the day gone by when the original residents came there for reverent devotion to their faith, and - as do I - brewed their own special ale.

My stay was unlike the typical Marriott, Hyatt or Ritz Carlton I find myself in time and again. I liken it to a European en suite accommodation, much more intimate and charming than we typically find in the USA.

The staff were all friendly and helpful. The continnental breakfast complete with excellent yogurt and hard boiled eggs for protein, as well as pastries and cereals which I tend to circumvent, as well as a good fruit selection, coffee, juice, bagels, homemade-style thick-sliced bread for toast, and all the associated spreads.

I was glad to return, and resolved to bring my wife next time, and come for another pleasure visit to Pittsburgh instead of waiting for my next business trip. We love to get up to Pittsburgh for shopping and cultural diversion, and The Priory makes the thought of our next visit all the more compelling.

Last time we visited for pleasure, the Priory was fully booked, so I've learned that I need to book earlier. Also, I did compare prices with other hotels in the area near downtown, and found that The Priory was more than just charming, it was an excellent value.

Stayed: October 2008
Reviewed 7 October 2008

This was my first stay at the Priory Hotel and it was a great experience. I was very impressed with the European-style of the hotel and great service I received while there.
The furnishings and the restoration of the buiding gave it that cozy feeling that you don't get at the larger establishments.
I enjoy walking to North Shore and taking part in the St Patrick's Day events going on that day.
Overall great time, great service and great place to stay a must see if you are in Pittsburgh.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2008

My wife and I stayed at The Priory recently for the Steelers-Ravens game. The hotel was about a 20 minute walk from Heinz Field, but it was well worth it when I saw the price of parking near the stadium. My wife and I were not sure what to expect from The Priory, but we were very pleasantly surprised. The room, while perhaps a little on the smaller side, was nicely furnished with real antiques. It was very clean. The bathroom had just a shower, but was not a problem for either of us. The staff was very helpful with directions to the stadium and in getting my wife and I a cup of coffee when we arrived. All in all, we were very pleased with The Priory's service, location and quality, especially for the price.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple