“The most charming place I could ask for”
Review of The Priory Hotel

The Priory Hotel
Ranked #17 of 74 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed 3 November 2009

My partner and I stayed at the Priory Hotel for our 4th Anniversary, and I couldn't imagine a more romantic setting! The beautiful Victorian-style decorations were like something out of a fairy tale. The staff was very friendly and helpful, even accommodating us when I was sure one of the things we were asking for was a little unreasonable. The hotel was in a good area; not too far from some of the major shopping and dining areas. All things considered it was a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank affinite

Reviewed 3 November 2009

We've stayed here several times and have been very pleased.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2009

Very pleasant accomodations, complimentary wine in the evening, & breakfast not far from downtown Pittsburgh. Looking forward to staying again!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 October 2009

In P-burgh with my wife and brand new baby boy to set up an exhibition and visit galleries, we enjoyed our relaxing weekend at The Priory. It is a charming place that feels like a B and B. The staff are friendly and helpful, and the breakfast is good. From the Priory it was convenient to visit all the places we had on our list. This was our second stay, and we'll be there again in a few weeks.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2009

Convenient to downtown restaurants and sights. Staff is very helpful. Good free breakfast and a beautiful courtyard for casual outdoor relaxation.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2009

A business friend suggested the Priory for my visit to Pittsburgh. I love B&B's, and the idea of staying in a monastery seemed fun. The building is beautiful and the room was very comfortable. If you want nearby restaurants or clubs, it's not the place to be. I just wanted a good nights sleep and light breakfast - which I did - on both counts. My only complaint would be lack of an elevator. I was on the third floor, and carrying my bags up the 3 flights of steps was a work out!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 September 2009

The Priory Hotel is next to a housing project. There were multiple people loitering in front of the entrance that didn't look so inviting. I transferred my stay to Hilton Pittsburgh instead.

Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank jparrott15
Travellers also viewed these Pittsburgh hotels
Omni William Penn Hotel
1 mi away
Distrikt Hotel Pittsburgh
Distrikt Hotel Pittsburgh
#14 of 74 in Pittsburgh

Been to The Priory Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Priory Hotel

Address: 614 Pressley St, Pittsburgh, PA 15212-5616
Region: United States > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Shuttle Bus service Suites Wheelchair access
#4 Romantic Hotel in Pittsburgh
#6 Family Hotel in Pittsburgh
#20 Business Hotel in Pittsburgh
Price Range: £66 - £125 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — The Priory Hotel 3*
A former Benedictine Monastery, the Priory Hotel is a boutique hotel located in the heart of Pittsburgh's historic Deutschtown district. Built in 1888 (with a new addition which opened in January 2011), the Priory offers late 19th century historic ambiance, with all of the modern amenities, including flat screen televisions, in-room safes and coffee service, and complimentary hard wired and wireless Internet service. The Priory is within easy walking distance of many Pittsburgh attractions, including the Andy Warhol Museum, National Aviary, PNC Park and Heinz Field, and is less than a mile from downtown Pittsburgh. The Priory Hotel offers a complimentary European-style Continental breakfast every morning; parking is complimentary as well. Don't feel like leaving the property? Our Monks' Bar is open daily, and you can enjoy a cool drink in our cozy sitting room (with a wood burning fireplace), or out in our garden courtyard. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your The Priory Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Priory Hotel Pittsburgh