“OK hotel, but price way too high!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Pittsburgh North - McKnight
Ranked #63 of 73 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I wasn't expecting a luxury hotel, but was very disappointed in the price vs. quality of our stay. No one was friendly or helpful in any way. Not enough front desk staff or breakfast staff to keep up. Breakfast was marginally OK, not great. Room standard, no frills. I have had better experiences with other La Quinta Inns.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Vik P, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Pittsburgh North - McKnight, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the La Quinta Inn and Suites Pittsburgh North. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the Inconvenience during your stay with us. After reading your review, I understand your experience at our hotel was very disappointing. It is upsetting to read reviews that are not alwayspositive, but can help us eliminate these issues for our future guests and the second time you are in town to stay with us.

Again we apologize about your experience during your stay with us. We promise to improve your next stay with us and change your opinion.

Vik Patel

Reviewed 8 July 2014

This hotel was just outside the city at a great vaule. the hotel was clean and the staff was very friendly. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in the Pittsburg area for personnal or bussiness

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Vik P, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Pittsburgh North - McKnight, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your day and giving us a great review. We would like to thank you for recognizing our entire staff. It is great to hear our staff were very friendly and they will be very happy to read your review. We would love to have you stay with us again! Have a great summer.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Wanted to let everyone know that when we stayed here about a week ago; how great the staff was. Sherry made us feel like home. We will be back in town in the future and we will stay with you all because of them.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you very much for such a great review from your most recent stay with us. We wanted to take this time and thank you for recognizing our front desk employee Sherry. We are glad to hear she made your stay feel like home. We would all love to see you again soon! Have a great summer!

Reviewed 4 July 2014

I have stayed numerous times at this facility. I found the staff to be consistently friendly and helpful. The facility is generally clean with the employees paying attention to even some of the smallest details. I loved being greeted by Donika on the mornings she was behind the desk. She also made it a point to be sincere with all the information she offered. I would stay there even more than just the convenience of the location for me.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front side of the hotel have an abundant amount of sunshine in the morning.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank happylaugh1

Thank you very much for giving us a positive review. The entire staff and management are grateful your stay was up to par. Thank you for recognizing our entire staff. I am sure our staff will be grateful to hear about your recognition to our staff. I am very glad our staff went out of their way to help you as much as possible.

We would also like to thank you for recognizing our front desk manager Donika. She will be glad to hear you loved being greeted in the mornings by her. If you are ever in the area again, stop by and say hello to our staff and we would love to have you stay with us again soon! Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

This was the worst hotel experience I have ever had in 42 years of traveling for business.i arrived at the hotel around 3:15 pm the desk clerk was unfriendly almost rude, The clerk could not find my reservation and really was no help she seemed she really did not care. She finally between talking to her friends and the other employees she managed to find me a room. I checked in and she sent me to my room no instructions on how to get there or anything about the hotel. I arrived at my room and found the door partly open as I entered the room the door was very hard to close and lock inside the room I found the bed unmade and the sheets just piled on the end of the bed. The dirty towels from the last guest was still in a pile on the floor in the bathroom and someone had used the toilet and not flushed it. The room was a nice room but not been cleaned. I called the front desk and they told me that was impossible she showed the room clean that I must have messed it up myself. I went to the desk and I finally got her to give me another room while I was at the desk two other guest were there also either wanting their room or telling her the same story that their room was not clean. I went to my new room and found it to be very dirty and not to La Quinta standards at this point I just got my things and went to a different hotel and lost the $139 I had paid for my room I did not want to argue with the desk again. I know if they don't get some one to get this hotel fixed it will end up like the old Holiday Inn it was before. I got the name of the management company and the corporate number for La Quinta and I will be contacting both about this bad experience. I don't complain but this hotel needs help and it is such a nice hotel and good location I want it to make it this time.

Room Tip: Check your room before check in
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Yogi P

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. After reading your review, we would like to take this time and apologize about your experience during your stay with us. Your stay with us sounds very terrible and I would be very disappointed as a guest as well. All the issues will be addressed to our management and determine why these issues occurred during your stay. We will address these issues to our housekeeping staff and front desk staff and make them aware of the situation. We are constantly looking for ways to improve and your feedback will help us prevent these kinds of issues in the future. Please contact us directly and we promise to improve your next stay with us and change your opinion.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We arrived at the hotel a ;little after 3 pm. But was not able to get into the room till 5. We had traveled 6 1/2 hrs. and wanted to lay down awhile before dinner. When we got into our room we had to call housekeeping as the had to take car of the frig. The room was wonderful beds were great.We had one problem with the toliet and had to get a plunger to take care f it but it was taken care of. The Breakfasts were very nice. the staff did everything they could to make a stay great. God Bless Sharon

Room Tip: You need a better sign to be seen from the road. But you turn by Kohls a Staples and take that road...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Vik P, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Pittsburgh North - McKnight, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your most resent stay with us. We wanted to take this time to apologize about your room not being ready at our check in time of 3pm. Also, when you checked into your assigned room, the toilet wasn't in full working condition. This should have been checked by our housekeeping staff and adressed to our maintenance staff.

We are glad our staff here at the hotel went out of their way to make sure your stay was great. We would love to see you again soon. Have a great day!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

This hotel was satisfactory, the room was very comfortable and clean. the exterior of the building and surrounding grounds could use attention as they appear dated and in need of repair. The staff was courteous and friendly.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your most resent stay with us. Your satisfaction and continued trust in La Quinta Inn and Suites are our top priorities. Our guests are our number priority and to make sure your stay is as pleasant as it gets. Please be sure to visit us again and have a great day!

Guest Relations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsburgh
Hampton Inn Pittsburgh - Mcknight Rd.
La Quinta Inn Pittsburgh Airport
Omni William Penn Hotel
#7 of 73 in Pittsburgh
Cambria Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh - Downtown
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh-Green Tree

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Pittsburgh North - McKnight? Share your experiences!