“Great Job Handling a Crisis!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Pittsburgh North - McKnight
Ranked #57 of 70 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Asheville NC
“Great Job Handling a Crisis!”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

On August 19th, the entrance exit of the hotel was blocked by a tracker trailer trying to make a hairpin turn and almost tipping over. The staff did an excellent job letting people know the situation and what was being done. They even offered to pay for taxi's if occupants had time constraints/meetings to attend.

Special kudos to Sherry and Kelly on their competence and for directions and restaurant recommendations. The Italian restaurant Bravo nearby was great.

Hotel was clean and all personnel (desk/housekeeping) were exceptionally friendly.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pat Wayne F
Ed C, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Pittsburgh North - McKnight, responded to this review, 7 October 2014
Thank you for the nice comments about how the staff handled the truck mishap they do have their moments lol. We do take pride in trying to take care of our guest no matter what the day may throw at us. Thank you again and hope to see you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Jacksoville, United States
Reviewed 25 August 2014

This was a wonderful hotel as the Name has changed from a Holiday Inn. I will be staying there again on my business trips to the Pittsburgh area. The location is wonderful my favorite stores are within walking distance down the hill, there are a lot of restaurants in the area as well.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for your nice review and hope you will return to enjoy another stay with us here at the La Quinta
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I don't know where that last guest was staying or who he spoke with but I did not have the same experience with Scott the manager he was a very rude person and really did not care about the guest or their needs. He even informed me he was a temporary manager and his company was leaving and he really did not care about my needs or this hotel he just wanted out of this God forsaken place. The hotel is pretty nice hotel but needs a lot of help the rooms are dirty and not in good repair. The breakfast is just plain bad and the breakfast attendents are dirty and no uniforms. I did not like looking at the mid part of the girls body hanging over her sweat pants while she took care of breakfast. The front desk clerk Vic was very good about the only thing there that was good. After I made no head way with Scott the manager I spoke to Donkia the front desk manager and all she could do is prance around the lobby and show her legs and breast to everyone and try to look cute for the men. I have said enough I do hope they are really changing managers and companies as Scott said because it could be a nice hotel and the location is great. I will try again next month and see what has happened.

Room Tip: Make sure to check room before checking in and ask if Scott has been replaced
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ron W
I am a new general manager here but I think you were refering to Keith not Scott he has been gone for several months and Keith was here during your stay. With that said I am so sorry about you experience you had at the motel. I am a seasoned manager and have been here about 40 days since your stay and when I arrived I found all the thing you spoke about in your review. I have taken steps to correct all the items you spoke of in your review. I do hope you will find it in your heart to come and give us another try when you are in Pittsburgh the next time. I will listen to you comments and make sure if you would have a problem you would be taken care of ASAP
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 20 August 2014

so enjoyed my stay in May....looking forward to my stay in september. everything was super nice and the staff plus Scott made me want to stay again. Great place to be. See you on September 26.

Go Steelers! Am going to the home game on the 28th!!!

Excellent place to stay. Scott wilson and staff are very helpful and accomodating. Looking forward to my stay. In September! !!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Laura L
Thank you for your nice review Scott is no longer with the company but we will really try to give you that same WOW guest experience you had before.
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The moment we pulled in front of the hotel, we found about 20-30 people loitering near the entrance to the hotel. There was loud music blasting from the sitting area from over sized speakers. Once inside the lobby, we found more people hanging out and teenagers sitting on the floor in the "business center".
We realized this was a family reunion, so just dismissed everything hoping that our room would make up for the crowd in the lobby and outside of the hotel.
Everything in the room was up to par except it was missing the refrigerator and microwave, which was supposed to come with the room. We were told by the woman at the front desk that the guy who brings those things to the rooms had gone home early for the night. We were told we could keep the things we wanted to keep cold behind the desk. We declined. Again, no big deal, but just a little inconvenient.
The following morning my wife went down for breakfast and the family reunion had cleared out the entire breakfast and coffee. The breakfast attendant told my wife that they put out everything that they were going to put out and were not going to replenish the breakfast.
That night we had arrived back at the hotel after the event that we had come to town for and found an even bigger party going on with more people loitering.
We brought our bathing suits to enjoy the pool, but didn't feel comfortable using the pool facilities with all of the people hanging out partying by the pool.
Breakfast was the same deal on the following morning.
The room was great, I feel that the staff let this family reunion overrun the hotel and made the other guests, whom weren't part of the party feel unwelcome and uncomfortable.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor in the corner, so we didn't hear anything despite everything that was g...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
I am a new experience Gen. Manager that has been brought in to make this hotel right. I can tell you that what you experienced on your last stay at this hotel will never happen here again or at any hotel I manage. I hope you will give us another chance to earn your business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsburgh
Home2 Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh / McCandless, PA
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#38 of 70 in Pittsburgh
Hampton Inn Pittsburgh - Mcknight Rd.
La Quinta Inn Pittsburgh Airport
Sleep Inn & Suites Pittsburgh
Sleep Inn & Suites Pittsburgh
#56 of 70 in Pittsburgh
Hampton Inn Pittsburgh / Wexford-Sewickley

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Pittsburgh North - McKnight? Share your experiences!