“Great service”

Ranked #9 of 70 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Philadelphia, United States
“Great service”
Reviewed 23 December 2013

The people at this hotel are what make it great! Best check-in experience I've had in a while. As with any complimentary hotel breakfast, I wouldn't really get my hopes up too much about this one. But not a deal-breaker and overall, I'd stay here again and have recommended it to others.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

jzottola, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh University/Medical Center, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
I appreciate your comments about the staff as they take pride in trying to serve you and all others guests needs. We understand that the type of service you receive will make the decision on your hotel of choice for all your future travels. The Hampton Inn University Center team would like to thank you for these kind words and hope to see you back soon.

We Love Having You Here

Jonathan Zottola

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Most of the other reviews have summed up the strengths of this property quite well...proximity to campus, the interstate, local dining, etc.
I believe that what truly sets this location apart from others is the staff. Everyone that I have interacted with this past week has been fantastic. Desk crew, management, breakfast staff, maintenence, housekeeping, and especially the shuttle drivers have all been courteous and friendly.
Dont hesitate to book here! It may be a little further from downtown than you would like but the shuttle bus runs every hour on the hour and will take you to and pick you up from anywhere you want to go downtown.
I will certainly be booking here again on my next trip to town.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Wildcat1897
Thank You once again for the great comments about your stay, we are pleased that you are two for two and cannot wait to have you back. I am glad you have found that we offer excellent service with our great accommodations once again. Our staff prides itself in servicing your needs and wants you to stay again when you are back in the area. If you need help with any future reservations please feel free to call and ask for myself Jonathan Zottola 412.681.1000.

Johnstown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I'm writing a review again just to emphasize why Hampton Inn Pittsburgh - University Center is quite possibly one of the best places to stay in Pittsburgh. The rooms are on the small side, yes, but you can't beat the friendly service that you receive during your stay. Everyone is so nice and helpful . . . if you don't want to be treated like just another "customer," stay here. I'm telling you.

This time around, I was particularly impressed that the staff accommodated our needs in terms of the floor/view. I called three days prior to our arrival and requested a room on the highest floor with a city view, and when we checked in, I was delighted to find that they made that happen. (Many thanks!)

The shuttle service is great. The breakfast is great. The rooms are clean and provide great lighting. Plus, it's all in walking distance of some pretty cool restaurants/bars in Oakland.

I hope we get to stay at this Hampton Inn again very soon. I have no doubt that their excellent service will continue, and that other customers will leave feeling just as satisfied as we did (for the second time in a row).

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KPsRECs
jzottola, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh University/Medical Center, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Thank you so much for the amazing review glad to hear you stayed with us once again and considered us one of your favorite hotels in Pittsburgh area. Our team prides itself if great service, clean comfortable rooms and a wonderful complimentary breakfast. The team cannot wait for your next stay here at the Hampton Inn University Center Pittsburgh.
Best Regards
Volant, United States
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Hotel was clean and very nice. Breakfast was also very good. What made hotel stand out was staff. Front desk, cook, and shuttle Drivers were all extremely friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again on a trip back to Pittsburgh. In fact I was so impressed I decided to become a Hilton Honors member and use this chain for all of my travel needs.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Rachel P, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh University/Medical Center, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Good morning, Sean, and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor! We are very pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy our clean and comfortable rooms, as well as our hot Hampton breakfast! Thank you very much for your kind words about our staff. We appreciate you becoming a Hilton Honors member during your visit, and cannot wait to see how you will use your rewards! Thank you again for your review, and we look forward to serving you on future trips to Pittsburgh!

Beaver Falls, United States
Reviewed 5 December 2013

My friend booked this hotel for us to stay while my sister had surgery. Every staff member from the reception staff to the shuttle driver was kind, supportive, and helpful. I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Good morning, Tammy, and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor! We are elated to hear that our staff was helpful, friendly and accommodating during a stressful trip. Thank you for your kind words about our staff. We appreciate you staying with us, and look forward to serving you again in the future!

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 2 December 2013

There was a slight mix-up with my online reservation and the hotel staff were more than willing to work with me to ensure I was able to stay for the night. I was placed in an even nicer room than originally requested. The room and hotel itself were very clean, and the staff very welcoming and friendly. The hot breakfast and coffee provided were great and also essential to helping my day begin with a great start. I would definitely stay here again on my next visit to Pittsburgh!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Rachel P, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh University/Medical Center, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Good afternoon, and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor! We are very happy to hear that our staff was able to accommodate your requests after the reservation mix up. Thank you for your kind words about our rooms, breakfast and staff! We look forward to serving you again the next time that you are in Pittsburgh!

Burlington, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 28 November 2013

This is the 2nd time I've stayed at Pittsburgh's Hampton Inn. I travel to Pittsburgh for business and used to stay at the Holiday Inn Express on 10th Street which was within walking distance but never had a good experience. I now choose to drive a few miles in order to stay at the Hampton Inn. Check-in is very speedy and painless with front desk employees who are friendly, courteous and quick. I recently had spinal fusion surgery so I have bedding concerns - the very expensive Sheraton beds killed my back! The beds at Hampton Inn are confortable and caused me no pain. Complimentary breakfast is good and convenient. There is a complimentary shuttle every hour and the water pressure in the shower was good. Parking was less expensive than the other area hotels. I stayed on a Sunday when there were many football fans staying and did not hear noise from other rooms. I had to extend my stay a week at the last minute and they were very accommodating. I have no complaints!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Kim R
Rachel P, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh University/Medical Center, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Good afternoon, Kim, and thank you taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor! We are thrilled to hear that you were pleased with our friendly and courteous staff, as well as our comfortable beds, and complimentary shuttle service! We treat our reviews as our report card, and we thank you again for taking the time to review us. We hope to be able to serve you again, the next time that you are in the Pittsburgh area!