“Wonderful stay, I'll be Back” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Pittsburgh University/Medical Center

Hampton Inn Pittsburgh University/Medical Center
Ranked #10 of 68 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Lansdale, United States
“Wonderful stay, I'll be Back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

The staff are fantastic here, going the extra mile to help us out. This time we asked for a roll-away bed for our room. After we checked in, the front desk associate immediately retrieved and delivered the rollaway to our room personally. The hotel is close to the University of Pittsburgh so we have the option to take the complimentary shuttle to the campus (< 5 minutes) or enjoy a short walk there. This was our third stay at the same hotel and we'll be back for a fourth and more.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Matt M, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh University/Medical Center, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Dear Margaret M, thank you for the delightful words in regards to our hotel. I am pleased to read that the staff made your stay a fantastic one! I am glad to read you were able to utilize our great location which is easily accessible to downtown, Southside, and the nearby universities. We will see you soon for your fourth visit with us.

Assistant GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Whiting
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

A family member was having surgery at one of Pittsburgh's finest hospitals and this was our home for two weeks. Everyone at the hotel treated us like family. The shuttle was wonderful for getting around and the driver was always helpful and friendly. Front desk employees were impeccable. Kitchen staff were some of the nicest people we have ever met. The hot breakfast every morning was never a disappointment, delicious omelets, tasty breakfast meats, fresh fruit salad, cereals, bagels etc etc. When we come back to this area we will always stay at this Hampton Inn.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Charles W, Thank you for your kind review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate all feedback on our hotel and I am delighted to see you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for say “very highly recommend.” I am glad to read all complimentary aspects of our hotel such as; breakfast, shuttle service and of course, our service was satisfactory for you. We cannot wait for you to stay with us again and for another opportunity to create a memorable experience for you.
Best Regards
Oronoco, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

We arrived late at night to a warm and friendly staff. Shanna McClean checked us in efficiently and with a smile. Her colleague, a man who's name I do not recall, upon hearing us ask about nearby food, offered pizza (a new box) intended for the staff but he insisted was "extra" . We were so hungry while at first we declined, he brought some out and we soon devoured it. Talk about above and beyond staff! We were there to visit a pt in the hospital. The Hampton took care of us and everything. We highly recommend!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Matt M, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh University/Medical Center, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear 4happytravels, I want to thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am delighted to read that our staff was able to make your stay a memorable one and that we went "above and beyond" for you. I will pass along your praise of the staff to them directly and we hope to see you soon at the Hampton Inn.

Charleston, WV, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

We had a very pleasant experience beginning to end. The bed was super comfy. The room was quiet and clean. The complimentary breakfast was the best I've ever had in a hotel. Couldn't have asked for better.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you Melissa A for your kind review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. Thank you for saying that our complimentary free breakfast buffet is "the best I've ever had in a hotel."I am glad to read you were able to get a good night sleep in our "super comfy" beds. We cannot wait for you to return to our hotel here in Pittsburgh.

Cherry Hill, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

The free breakfast was lacking...Parking at $14/day is overpriced and limited. The area to eat breakfast is way too small...Room was ok...The ironing board was broken . We were awoken, numerous time by a dog in the room across from ours...

• 3 of 5 bubbles
jzottola, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh University/Medical Center, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Jbud,

Thank you for your recent stay and review on Trip Advisor as we ppreciate your feedback. I am sorry to hear about the dog barking near your room and that the ironing board was broken as that would definitely hurt your experience. I would like the opportunity to discuss your stay further please contact me at your earliest convenience I feel confident that I can assist you in positive manner.

Jonathan Zottola
Hampton Inn University Center/Pittsburgh
412.681.1000 phone
Media, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Wonderful Hotel in Pittsburgh !!! Great Staff !!! Especially our Shuttle Drivers Rick & Tracey !!! They provided an excellent means of getting all around town for FREE !!! Never had to move our car once we got there - Great Stay !!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Matt M, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh University/Medical Center, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear BobWJR1964, Thank you for staying with us and reviewing our hotel. I am excited to read you enjoyed our hotel so much especially the staff we have here with your emphasis on Rick and Tracey. Our shuttle drivers are truly wonderful and will make your guest experience exceptional. We look forward to your next visit and Thank You again.

BURLINGTON, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

as soon as I walked into the room, I wanted to turn around and go to another hotel but it was late and I had to arise early. Room smelled old and the A/C smelled as well. I've stayed at many Hampton Inns and have always found the accommodations to be above what I expected...this was my worse experience. The stay was palatable because I used my points and didn't have to pay cash...still it was a waste of my points I'm sorry to say.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

jzottola, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh University/Medical Center, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Jim C,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with and I apologize for the uncomfortable smell during your stay. We understand that you have other choices around so we expect your stay to be perfect so I have refunded your points back to your account and hope that when you are in the area again you will give us another chance. Once again thank you for being a Hilton Honors member and loyal Hampton customer.

Jonathan Zottola