“Excellent & Considerate Staff”

Hampton Inn Pittsburgh University/Medical Center
Ranked #9 of 71 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Meadville, Pennsylvania
“Excellent & Considerate Staff”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We found out on a Friday that my wife would be having surgery the following Tuesday at UPMC Presby. After checking with a few other hotels, I came across the Hampton Inn. They offered a substantial discount for my stay while my wife was in the hospital and also allowed me to add additional nights (and subsequent cancellation) without any difficulty at all. Every staff member I came across was polite and professional. They were considerate of my reason for stay and yet it was the same for all guests. It was so nice to feel like I was coming "home" each evening after being at the hospital. Thank you for everything Hampton Inn! If need be, I'll be back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Matt M, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh University/Medical Center, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thank you Mark R for your kind review of our hotel. I am glad that our hotel could be accommodating to your needs as your schedule changed and your need for a place to call "home" arrived. I excited to read everyone you encountered was "polite and professional." We look forward to your next stay with us!

Assistant GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Cranford, New Jersey
Reviewed 20 July 2014

If you have something to do in Oakland or even downtown, this hotel is clean and convenient. The walk to University of Pittsburgh may be longer than you expect. Be prepared to pay for parking, nearby street parking is not practical.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you Alan304 for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. I am pleased to see you enjoyed our convenient location everything in Oakland, Downtown, and Southside. Thank you for saying our hotel is "clean and convenient." We hope to see you soon!

Harlow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My fiance and myself along with several other uncles and aunts were visiting from the UK to attend my cousins wedding and this hotel was a great value place to stay. Rooms were clean and were very reasonably quiet from traffic noise considering its location, we had no issues with getting to sleep or sleeping in. Throughout the staff were brilliantly helpful throughout and I give a special note to the shuttle drivers Rick and Tracey who were a font of knowledge and suggestions. The free...yes FREE (never met this before at a hotel)...shuttle bus ran on the hour from about 07:00 to 22:00 and ran within 3 miles radius so getting to most locations was doable with minimum walking. Nothing seemed to much of a problem for any of the staff members their attitude was exemplary. If I was to be visiting Pittsburgh again or know of anyone visiting or travelling with a stop at Pittsburgh I would recommend this hotel highly. I have stayed in more expensive (when we could afford to) hotels around the world and received a less caring/helpful service. This hotel is not to be judged by its drab modern build looks as the folks that work in it make it shine from within.

Room Tip: Try to get a room higher up the building if you feel sensitive about traffic noise, although I had a...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Graham B, thank you for your review of our hotel. I am glad to read you were able to take advantage of all the amenities of the hotel. We appreciate your kind words about our shuttle drivers, Rick and Trace. I appreciate your recommendation of our hotel to others and we cannot wait for your next visit with us.

Lansdale, United States
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The staff are fantastic here, going the extra mile to help us out. This time we asked for a roll-away bed for our room. After we checked in, the front desk associate immediately retrieved and delivered the rollaway to our room personally. The hotel is close to the University of Pittsburgh so we have the option to take the complimentary shuttle to the campus (< 5 minutes) or enjoy a short walk there. This was our third stay at the same hotel and we'll be back for a fourth and more.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Matt M, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh University/Medical Center, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Dear Margaret M, thank you for the delightful words in regards to our hotel. I am pleased to read that the staff made your stay a fantastic one! I am glad to read you were able to utilize our great location which is easily accessible to downtown, Southside, and the nearby universities. We will see you soon for your fourth visit with us.

Whiting
Reviewed 17 July 2014

A family member was having surgery at one of Pittsburgh's finest hospitals and this was our home for two weeks. Everyone at the hotel treated us like family. The shuttle was wonderful for getting around and the driver was always helpful and friendly. Front desk employees were impeccable. Kitchen staff were some of the nicest people we have ever met. The hot breakfast every morning was never a disappointment, delicious omelets, tasty breakfast meats, fresh fruit salad, cereals, bagels etc etc. When we come back to this area we will always stay at this Hampton Inn.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Charles W, Thank you for your kind review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate all feedback on our hotel and I am delighted to see you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for say “very highly recommend.” I am glad to read all complimentary aspects of our hotel such as; breakfast, shuttle service and of course, our service was satisfactory for you. We cannot wait for you to stay with us again and for another opportunity to create a memorable experience for you.
Best Regards
Oronoco, Minnesota
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We arrived late at night to a warm and friendly staff. Shanna McClean checked us in efficiently and with a smile. Her colleague, a man who's name I do not recall, upon hearing us ask about nearby food, offered pizza (a new box) intended for the staff but he insisted was "extra" . We were so hungry while at first we declined, he brought some out and we soon devoured it. Talk about above and beyond staff! We were there to visit a pt in the hospital. The Hampton took care of us and everything. We highly recommend!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Matt M, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh University/Medical Center, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear 4happytravels, I want to thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am delighted to read that our staff was able to make your stay a memorable one and that we went "above and beyond" for you. I will pass along your praise of the staff to them directly and we hope to see you soon at the Hampton Inn.

Charleston, WV, United States
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We had a very pleasant experience beginning to end. The bed was super comfy. The room was quiet and clean. The complimentary breakfast was the best I've ever had in a hotel. Couldn't have asked for better.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you Melissa A for your kind review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. Thank you for saying that our complimentary free breakfast buffet is "the best I've ever had in a hotel."I am glad to read you were able to get a good night sleep in our "super comfy" beds. We cannot wait for you to return to our hotel here in Pittsburgh.