“love Hampton Inns”

Ranked #11 of 68 Hotels in Pittsburgh
toronto, canada
“love Hampton Inns”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2009

I have always found that Hampton Inns are clean, reliable and extremely friendly and professional. Our family travel by car quite a bit and always wait to stop until we find a Hampton Inn. I will also say I have never "not" found one en route.
Prices are acceptable and most do have all the amenities as well.

• Liked — mostly everything
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank KFB_9

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2009

Really helpful and friendly people at front desk!

My tiny room had old, beat up furniture and a few TV stations (plus small, out of date TV!) Small parking lot in semi-seedy area of Pittsburgh.

I checked out a day early.

Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
kirklandjane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2009

My daughter and I had spent the better part of a week, traveling to visit East Coast colleges. After spending the night in Philadelphia, we tried to change our airline tickets to just fly home and avoid one more hotel, one more school, one more night..Thank Goodness we didn't! We flew into Pittsburgh, and, on the advice of the hotel, used Express Shuttle, which delivered us to the Hampton Inn around 7. We were both STARVING and so tired. The front desk welcomed us warmly, and suggested a great pub for dinner. We quickly moved our bags to our room and changed, then met the complimentary shuttle driver in the lobby. (Complimentary shuttle within a fairly large radius around the hotel.) The driver was amazing, dinner was great, and, after a great complimentary breakfast, the Point Park University shuttle was right up the block in the morning. We had a great tour of the school and were almost sad to check out of the hotel. The best news of all is our daughter now plans to go to Point Park and we'll get to make the Hampton Inn home away from home for years to come! The fact that we didn't pay a cent for transportation after the airport shuttle dropped us off was a refreshing change from all the expensive cab rides we'd taken elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
Reading, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2009

My family has been staying at the Hampton Inn - University Center for over 6 years. We discovered this Gem Away from Home when our older son was on a recruiting visit for Carnegie Mellon. Our son ultimately did choose CMU and we have stayed at the University Center through 4 football seasons as well as spring, summer & winter visits. Our older son is now attending Graduate School at Pitt and our younger son is currently a junior at Duquesnes so our visits to Pittsburgh and the University Center continue. The location is perfect for us, only minutes away from each University. The biggest plus for staying at this Hampton is the staff. They are fabulous - they know us by name and take excellent care of us and every guest that comes through the door. I know I will receive excellent service with a friendly smile for directions, restaurant recommendations and shuttle service. The Lobby and rooms are always clean and the staff takes great pride in keeping it that way. Even after 6 years there is a lot we don't know about the area and everyone is happy to share their favorite spots to visit, eat or just hang out. We have never been steered wrong. Whatever brings you to Pittsburgh, come stay at the University Center - you will be happy you did!

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
Pa.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2009

I am a mom to 3 special needs children and I thank GOD for this Hampton Inn. I have stayed many many times while my children are at Childrens Hospital. The rooms are spacious and VERY clean. The beds are comfortable. The staff is amazing. From the front desk to the cleaning ladies to the breakfast staff. After a long day at the hospital it is so great to have a place so close, to be treated with respect and all the comforts of home. When you wake in the morning you are provided a news paper, breakfast and a free shuttle back to the hospital. My family travels alot and we compare all of our hotel stays to this Hampton Inn. I would recommend this hotel to EVERYONE!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
Philadelphia, Pa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2009

The price and location are great when visiting schools in Pittsburgh.
I found the Hampton Inn to be the best price, rooms with queen beds, free breakfast, shuttle service available to the universities.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
Montreal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2008

I stayed at the Hampton one night. I was looking for a hotel near the university and hospital as I had a meeting there. The stay was great. The staff was friendly and efficient. My room was on the eight floor, very clean and quiet. High speed internet comes with a password that they give you at your check-in. It was very easy to use and the connection was fine. The only thing that could be less convenient for some people is the location of teh entrance, it is not easy to access on teh one way street, but if you come by taxi, it shoudl not be a problem. I woudl definitely stay there again.

• Liked — the quietness
  • Disliked — the entrance that is hard to acess
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)