“Motel is being remodeled” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Pittsburgh-Harmarville

Days Inn Pittsburgh-Harmarville
Ranked #67 of 68 Hotels in Pittsburgh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Central Nebraska
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

I usually run as fast as I can away from Day's Inn. I never find their properties to be anything but a haven for poor service, poor rooms and indifference. Came off the Pennsylvania Turnpike on a Saturday night and thought I'd give them a chance to change my opinion. It was them or Super 8 for choices. My king room was Ok, but nothing special for $85. I paid $80 for the Hyatt Regency in Cleveland on Hotwire the night before. The morning brought the typical motorcycles revving up before departure. When I got there and when I left the desk help both were arguing over the phone with the non-present manager about 2 situations dealing with check ins and check outs. I left without so much as a "thank you". Breakfast was cereal, toast, coffee and juice.

It used to be said "you get what you pay for", but in today's hospitality business, it isn't true. The "budget" chain places charge as much as the higher end places and offer little for their price other than they are off the interstate and convenient. I'll pay a little more to not deal with the attitude they are doing me a favor.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dianna M, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Pittsburgh-Harmarville, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
We appreciate you giving your feedback about your experience. Your feedback is indeed of great importance to us. My sincerest apologies for the inconvenience during your stay in our hotel.
We sincerely appreciate your time and effort to write us a very insightful review.
Thank you very much for your business.
PA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

We just stayed at this hotel. We booked a non smoking room on line because it was a cheeper price. When we went to check in they put us in a smoking room. I had my two children with me who are 2 and 3 months. When I argued with the front desk person she said when you book on line they put in in smoking. I have never had this happen. I asked every day to be switched and they refused. My mother could not use her breathing machine at night because the room smelled so bad.
It was very old and had horrible stains on the floor. The tub fell apart as my mom showered.
I am glad we didn't pay full price for this. I at least got a credit for the room from the place I booked on line. Don't stay at this hotel or pay full price for it. It's not worth it!

• Stayed June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dianna M, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Pittsburgh-Harmarville, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I sincerely apologize for the very unfortunate incident you experienced at our Hotel. Your review is important to us as it helps us to identify problems and take corrective measures. We are constantly looking for ways to enhance the positive experiences of our guests and your valuable feedback will assist us to correct our deficiencies.
Thank you very much for your business.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

What a dump, holes in walls, the chairs had so many stains, we had to ask for towels to cover them. The people didn't care when you talked to them. I had holes in my wash cloth, and not little ones either. My husband wrote to the manager and she did not reply. PEOPLE! go next door to the Super 8, it has to be 100percent better.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Ruth H
Dianna M, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Pittsburgh-Harmarville, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review our property. I sincerely apologize for the very unfortunate incident you experienced at our Hotel. Your review is important to us as it helps us to identify problems and take corrective measures. Thank you for bringing to our attention your experience and comments regarding your stay in our hotel.
We are constantly looking for ways to enhance the positive experiences of our guests and your valuable feedback will assist us to correct our deficiencies. Rest assured the comments you made will be addressed in order for us to improve our services, we hope you give us a chance to serve you again.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

What a horrible motel this is, the wallpaper is coming of the walls in the bathroom, I reported it to the office, and it seemed to me that they could not care. Nothing was done about it.
We left for the day at about 11 AM, and came back to the room at 10PM. To our surprise the room was not cleaned and the beds were not made up. Again, I went to the office to complain,
and the impression I received was that the manager could not care about the situation.
The so called continental breakfast is a disgusting joke. Why do they even bother.
The air conditioner in the room was very loud, and it was very uncomfortable to sleep.
I would suggest that if anybody is thinking of staying at this DUMP, do not.

Room Tip: Go to a different motel, even if you have to pay a little more.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dianna M, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Pittsburgh-Harmarville, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Thank you for finding the time to share about your stay. It is disheartening to hear about your recent experience at our hotel. It is truly unacceptable that the staffs didn't care to address your concerns at the time of your stay. Your review is important to us as it helps us to identify problems and take corrective measures. My sincerest apologies for the inconvenience during your stay in our hotel. We sincerely hope that we may be given a chance to change your perception of our hotel in the future. We hope you will choose our Hotel again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsburgh
Coraopolis
Sleep Inn & Suites Pittsburgh
Sleep Inn & Suites Pittsburgh
#55 of 68 in Pittsburgh
Econolodge Inn & Suites
#62 of 68 in Pittsburgh
Comfort Inn Conference Center
#56 of 68 in Pittsburgh

Been to Days Inn Pittsburgh-Harmarville? Share your experiences!