“Disaster In Pittsburgh”

Morton's The Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #157 of 2,254 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Between 6th & 6th Streets
Description: Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

Following a tremendous performance bt the Trans Siberian Orchestra on Dec. 7th, 2013, my wife and I dined here for the first time. I should've trusted my first impression when the first words said to us were do you have a reservation and not hello. We arrived 15 minutes early and the maitre'd said we are seating on time. Are you kidding me. I don't want to sit and drink in the bar and wait for my table which was suggested tov us. After finally being seated at the smallest table for two, we decided to dine on New York strip steak and Cajun ribeye. Oh the waiter said his 86 year old mother tolerates the cajun spices just fine. My wifes steak was ordered well done and came barely medium. Mine was ordered medium rare and came rare and cold and the spices nothing but ridiculously riddled with pepper. The waiter had said if I did not like the steak he would get me another one. He did and it was worse than the first without the seasonings. The steaks are nowhere near prime nor aged. Ala carte prices as well as steak prices are outrageous. I can get better prime steak at Costco than this place. Best service provided by the coat check girl and the water server. Overall totally disappointed. Will never go back.

Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

I went here for a work event and had a lot of samples of their food. Most of the food was really good the pricing was way to over the top. There are a lot of other places in Pittsburgh that are less expensive and have just as good or better food.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

After having tended to go to the other two major steak restaurants in town, we opted to try Morton's prior to a show. The steaks were certainly on a par with the other two -- Ruth's Chris and the Capitol Grille -- but the size of the side dishes was decidedly smaller even though they were to be shared. The prices for the sides were on par with the other restaurants, but they were markedly smaller. Service was excellent. Sadly, as times have changed, no matter how fancy the restaurant is, there will be other diners there in blue jeans and "T" shirts. Everywhere is the same in that regard, but it would be nice to see people step it up just a little when they go to a very fancy restaurant like that.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

I was at Mortorn's last night with my boyfriend to celebrate our birthdays. There are three perks with going to Morton's- (1) The are part of the Laundry Select restaurants, you can purchase their membership card for one time fee of $25 and they give you $25 credit on your card. Also for your birthday you will also receive $25 credit to use at any of their restaurants. I believe once you spend $250 you will recieve $25 credit on your rewards card. (2) For your birthday they give you a free dessert. (3) You can make reservations on Opentable and recieve points for making the reservations and showing up. The food is great but the desserts are awesome!!!

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Pre dinner cocktails followed by a superb meal tailored to our likes, served by experience professional waiting staff made for a wonderful dining experience. Pan seared scallops wrapped in bacon, yes clichéd but when done right, excellent, combined with Oysters Rockefeller a delectable introduction to the fare on offer. The house chopped salads are a meal in themselves. Followed by butterflied lamb chops which were the most tender and succulent lamb I have ever tasted and this coming from an Irishman weaned on lamb. Partner had a Cajun Ribeye which was simply tender and delicious. Accompanied by their Brussels Sprouts which beg the question why did we alienate this glorious vegetable as children and the piece de resistance the shoestring truffle oil and parmesan fries which after eating would make one hesitate before eating anyone else's fires.
Complimentary dessert of Crème Brule as it was my birthday was very good but a really nice touch was the photo taken of our group placed in a card and signed by the staff with a copy for each of our group. Wonderful wine selection and superb coffee to finish it all off made for a tremendous dining experience. This is what eating out is all about!