“Unique Japanese/Mexican fusion”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Betweeen 35th & 36th St
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Awesome lunch here with a dear friend. Had the bento box with plenty of choices and very unique fusion flavors….dont miss this place!!!

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Loved Tamari for a great date night. Smaller portions like tapas, but nice wine selection and great staff to make it enjoyable. Ample parking in the city!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We find this asian-fusion menu excellent and its offerings brilliantly executed. Go and play in all of the tapas. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Visited Tamari with a business associate to get away from downtown crowd. Small plate and sushi excel here. Service was great. Parking is always a challenge here, they really need a valet. The Wine selection is slim but is good value. If you want a quiet spot, outside downtown for a business meeting, and don't need to impress with 22oz ribeyes, this is the place.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

Several months ago my friend & I set off to go to Tamari's for Happy Hour & dinner. That has been our "go to" place to celebrate our birthdays, Christmas & just to go for diner several times a year. They have a lovely patio in the front of the restaurant & we have dined there before. That said, the food & prices are great during happy hour, but you have to be seated at the bar to get them.
The bar is small, 10 seats or so. I had driven over 35 miles to get there & was looking forward to the usual nice time. However, there were about 7 people seated, only 3 seats left. When my friend & I went to sit down, another customer said she was "saving" all 3 seats. We spoke to the hostess as we did not want to make a scene, bus she just shrugged her shoulders. When I called & spoke to the owner the next day, he made no attempt to apologize for how the hostess handled the situation, Instead, he just kept saying" I have no control over OTHER ignorant diners". I told him I did not want to make a scene, but the hostess could have told the other people that you can't "save" seats during happy hour, OR she could have let us sit outside & gotten happy hour prices there. After driving in rush hour traffic for over an hour to get there, I swore that I will never go back. I also told the owner that I would let all my social media friends know about our experience & that I would write a review on several sites, he then became irate & his town of voice actually got scary ! By the way, he also owns the Warrendale restaurant, I was there once before thsi happened. Bottom line, my money spends anywhere & I will never recommend that place to anyone !