“Pleasantly Surprised!”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Betweeen 35th & 36th St
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I visited Tamari over the weekend for my girlfriend's birthday, needless to say I was rather hesitant. I'm not generally a person who ventures much outside the ways of steakhouses, BBQ joints, and the like so this was totally out of my comfort zone. The atmosphere of Tamari is very cool and relaxed, also beautiful decor! The service was fast and friendly. Our waitress was incredibly knowledgable of the menu, which really helped us quite a bit. We enjoyed the some of the robata (grilled meats - steak & chicken) which were delicious. I also had the lobster mac & cheese which was so flavorful, fresh, and FULL of lobster meat. ***My one tip to anyone going to Tamari, is save room for the dessert. The churros were so great, three small churros with a side of peanut mousse & fresh berries. A+ I will be heading back to Tamari in the future.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

Rare find! great food, excellent concept. Truly evolved menu and with fun daily specials. Have returned a few times, each visit is memorable. Great place to impress a guest ,,, sit at the kitchen side seating and enjoy the "show" as well as the food and wine. Gets busy around happy hour. Make a reservation if timing is important.

Reviewed 22 December 2013

Had dinner here on a Monday night and was surprised by how packed it was, but then I had the food!!
Interesting mix with the Asian/Latin fusion and makes for an interesting meal.
Split a bunch of tapas plates and then ended with a sushi roll.
Lobster mac and cheese was GREAT! topped with panko bread crumbs and was perfect size to share. The pork cheek quesadilla was super flavorful and had a nice flavor to it. Was slightly disappointed by the brussel sprouts and kale dish as it was more pinto beans than either brussel sprouts or kale, but it still had great flavor. Finished with the Angry Lobster Roll and left completely full and totally satisfied. Great selection of beers, I went with the Fathead Holly Jolly (normally not a big christmas Ale fan but this one won me over). Server was attentive and helpful.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Awesome lunch here with a dear friend. Had the bento box with plenty of choices and very unique fusion flavors….dont miss this place!!!

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Loved Tamari for a great date night. Smaller portions like tapas, but nice wine selection and great staff to make it enjoyable. Ample parking in the city!