“Modern but warm with usual fairmont standards”

Fairmont Pittsburgh
Ranked #4 of 70 Hotels in Pittsburgh
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
New York City, New York
“Modern but warm with usual fairmont standards”
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel is new and wonderful, airy and warm at the same time, from the lobby to the rooms. The service is impeccable . Centrally located, it is a great place from which to explore the city, shops and theaters. I really enjoyed the hotel

• Stayed November 2013
FairmontPittsburgh, Manager at Fairmont Pittsburgh, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay. I have shared your feedback with our colleagues and recognized them for their outstanding service. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm regards,
Bernd Pichler
Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New York
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Two caveats: This was my first trip to Pittsburgh and the only Pittsburgh hotel I've stayed. Second, we were upgraded to a suite--but even if the standard rooms are half as wonderful, I would still imagine them to be plenty nice. This is a first class, terrific hotel. Staff were pleasant and professional. Rooms are new, clean and well designed-Views and location are the tops.The lobby bar is not my style, but the lobby itself was nice, modern, tons of light. This hotel is a winner. I only wish it were the standard.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 21 November 2013

On the plus side:
The hotel looks nice and is well furnished. The location is central. The rooms are large and new looking. And as a Fairmont PC Platinum member, I was welcomed by an enormous cheese platter.

On the negative side:
The walls are thin and I could hear my neighbour's TV.
I don't know about other Pittsburgh hotels but the prices charged by the Fairmont were pretty high.
As a Fairmont PC Platinum member, I should have Fairmont Fit gym clothing provided but this was forgotten. And Fairmont never awarded me frequent flyer miles for my stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
FairmontPittsburgh, Manager at Fairmont Pittsburgh, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am sorry to learn that your recent stay did not meet your expectations. I have forwarded your comments regarding Fairmont Fit to our Health Club and updated your profile to ensure that this does not happen again. Please reach out to me directly at the hotel and I would be happy to look into your frequent flyer points.

Bernd Pichler, Front Office Manager
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Revisited the Pittsburgh Fairmont last month and, once again, found it to be the only place to book downtown. Initially, I had to overcome some booking challenges because the Pirates were still in the running when I called. Regrettably, my hopes for a Pirates/Red Sox world series were not fulfilled. Thanks to Stephen Crawford (Assistant Front Office Manager), and Lisa McLean of the Fairmont President's Club, I received an upgrade that will spoil me for all future business trips. However, in the past, every room has been well-appointed, often with a great view of downtown and/or the river and nearby hills.

The health club has great equipment and even nicer people. The hotel's location is near one of the city's most prominent squares, with numerous restaurants and coffee shops within an easy stroll. The hotel's AV engineer solved a minor connection problem and then proceeded to link the music in my iPad to the sound system- what a treat!

I very much look forward to returning in a few months and was even inspired to stick with the Fairmont chain when booking a forthcoming pre-Christmas trip to Santa Monica.

Green Features: Fairly new property which seems to have thought through ways to improve its environmental footprint.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review. I am pleased to learn that Stephen was able to make your stay a memorable one, and I have recognized him for his outstanding service. We look forward to welcoming you back to Fairmont Pittsburgh soon.

Bernd Pichler, Front Office Manager
Chalk Hill, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 November 2013

My fiance and I stayed here in January 2013. It was a wonderful experience, we went for his birthday and had an amazing time. Took the subway over to the casino and had dinner at Elements, which was really good but REALLY expensive. Then again,we did order $400 worth of food, and it was a lot of food lol (We had a gift certificate for the meal.) Great hotel and great time.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Mansfield, Ohio
Reviewed 10 November 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

The hotel is nicely laid out and the staff are helpful. The restaurant is a little overpriced especially for breakfast but no more than other hotels in the same class. It's conveniently positioned for Market Square which offers a variety of cheaper alternatives for food, as well as convientienty positioned for other downtown attractions. Use the valet park rather than the overpriced self park directly behind the hotel, or one of the other self parks in Pittsburg if you can find space in them

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and share your experience with us. I am pleased to learn that our staff was helpful during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,
Bernd Pichler,
Front Office Manager
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We walked here from our hotel 2 blocks away. The porter took our coats and stored them for us. The event was on the 2nd floor in the ballroom. In the lobby there is an in wall fire feature with comfortable seats in front. A modern staircase that rises to the 2nd floor. The bar is in the rear of the lobby. When we where leaving about 9pm, there was a jazz trio and singer preforming in front of the bar, almost in the lobby. The front deak staff were very helpful.
The staff at the wedding were very professional and attentive. Attention to detail is evident throughout the hotels public areas.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends