“Awesome!”

Fairmont Pittsburgh
Ranked #6 of 72 Hotels in Pittsburgh
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Just returned from a wonderful stay at this hotel with my teenaged daughter. Was upgraded to a deluxe room that had an incredible view of PNC Park, the city and river. The room was very spacious and everything had a luxurious feel. As indicated in other reviews, the bathroom is huge with a great rain shower and beautiful bath tub and great high end amenities. Free wi-fi for President's club members. Everything was clean and sparkling. Nice big TV - got to watch some of the World Cup games. Had the Sunday breakfast buffet and dinner at the Habitat restaurant. Great variety for breakfast and everything we had was excellent and fresh. There is a low-cal/dietary restriction option if you need it. For dinner, my daughter proclaimed the steak as the best she has ever had and she has steak every opportunity she gets! The top notch Fairmont service was evident everywhere - from the moment I called to book my room, emailed with questions, to the time we walked into the hotel. If you need anything, all you have to do is ask. We found the location very convenient - you can walk around every where in the downtown area and the drive to the mall for shopping was about 20 minutes and easy to get to. Concierge service is great with helpful suggestions. It simply would not be fair to give this hotel less than 5 stars. Stay here - you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor for a great view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ReviewsAll

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed at the Fairmont while doing my annual baseball stadium trip. The only thing better than PNC Park In Pittsburg is the FAIRMONT.We stayed in an executive suite and how sweet it was. The room is every bit worthy of Ritz comparisons......The view of PNC park from our large living room was phenomenal, and the in room telescope is a nice addition. The suite itself is large and completely updated. The staff at the hotel is remarkable, the valet, bellmen, front desk were all superior level service oriented.

On top of that our suite was on the same floor that the Brewers and Cubs(two series) were staying at.

Someone once said, "I'll BE BACK"................ditto

Room Tip: Request a ball park view room
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed in the Ryan Suite for my bachelorette weekend. This hotel is impeccable! The master bathroom was HUGE, and there was another nice-sized bathroom in the suite, perfect for a group of girls getting ready at the same time! Everything in the suite felt new and very high-quality.

The staff is another reason why I gave this hotel five stars. Every employee we encountered went above and beyond catering to everything we needed. Thanks to Earl for helping us with the pull-out couch! We had an amazing experience, and I will definitely be doing another stay-cation here later this year!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This is a fantastic place to stay in Pittsburgh if you enjoy a clean, contemporary feel with upscale service and amenities. I enjoyed the food as well as Andy's Bar in the lobby area. They have live entertainment and are walking distance from a variety of other hip downtown places. Enjoy your stay!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Spacious and lavish rooms in a very up to date contemporary hotel. All of the modern amenities are available with a friendly and courteous staff to make sure your needs are met. Need to stay in downtown Pittsburgh? Stay in style and in comfort at the Fairmount!

The rooms are very large with plenty of space to move around. Beds are very comfortable and supportive allowing for a good night's rest. You are not bothered by any noise outside, from the hallway, or from any neighbors.

The bathroom is enormous with a large tub and a big walk in shower with a rain shower head. Smart accent lighting throughout the entire room. Beautiful view of the city, the river, and PNC Park.

The hotel is very eco friendly. If you're there on a vary warm day, you may need to turn off the eco setting to the central air in the room so that it remains cool and comfortable.

Internet access was easy to set up, and speed was decent. Only complaint I may have while staying there was that they use a satellite to access TV channels which wasn't very good during thunderstorms. All channels would cut out at random times, but I'm sure it's better in fairer weather conditions.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel twice. It is definitely the best hotel in Pittsburgh. The rooms are spacious, beautiful, and very clean. The front desk is both professional and helpful. I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We have family in Saltsburg and work in Pittsburgh. So the last few visits we've stayed overnights for work then head out to the country to see family. We travel globally 200+ days a year. Work and play. So hotels are very important to us. Fairmont is hit or miss at it's hotels. My favorite hotel in the world is The Savoy in London, a Fairmont run hotel. All Fairmonts should take their lessons from them.
Pittsburgh is not an easy city to visit. From traffic through the tunnels to the very congested downtown. So having a nice respite in all the chaos would be nice. It's Friday night here and there's a Pirates Game, Tim McGraw, art festival and other things going on. The hotel is sold out. Our room was missing things from housekeeping. I called and requested and they brought up some of the things that were missing. Then we went down to the bar......You'd think they would put on not only enough bar staff to handle the sold out hotel but knowledgable as well. We waited over 20 minutes for the cocktail waitress to notice us. There was only 1 and she was in the weeds. She passed us 5 times without even an acknowledgement. We were waiting on our business guests and since we were not served where we sat we moved closer to the bar. The young woman had no idea what she was doing. I am in the restaurant and bar industry. Friday & Saturday nights are big nights you put your best people on and plenty of them. There was a band playing later and the bar really filled up. We decided to have dinner somewhere else after the service in the bar from earlier (around 7:00), and a nightcap was out of the question upon our return.
When we returned to our room we had not received turned down service. I look forward to turn down, it's the beginning of a peaceful slumber. I thought maybe I had put out the do not disturb. But I hadn't. So no water, no slippers, no curtains drawn, no pleasant music.
For 1/2 the price I can stay in a comfortable hotel and expect zero extras. And I'd be ok with that because it's what I paid for. But a $500+ valet & taxes a night I expect plenty especially in a city where this price is double from everyone else.
This was your last chance Fairmont Pittsburgh. I'm here every 3 months and I will stay in Shadyside where details are very important...

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business