“An awesome hidden gem within the city!”

The Mansion at Maple Heights
Ranked #10 of 11 Pittsburgh B&B and Inns
“An awesome hidden gem within the city!”
Reviewed 1 December 2010

I spent 1 night here and wished I had the chance to spend many more! From the beautiful, spacious rooms to the wonderful staff they made me feel so welcomed after a long journey. My room was huge, clean and comfortable. The bathroom was a girls dream come true!! The food was great and they were able to make me anything I wanted. Overall the stay was excellent and next time I am in Pittsburgh I will stay here!!

• Stayed October 2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 September 2010

Words cannot express how thankful we are to Chukky Okobi, Christine Nasca and the entire staff at the Mansion at Maple Heights for making our wedding truly the most amazing day of our lives. The food was fantastic, the flowers were beautiful and the venue was truly magical. Chukky was very attentive to our wants and needs during the entire process and made sure that our reception went off without a hitch. Pittsburgh is very lucky to finally have a unique venue with style, class and incredible service.

Nicholas and Allison Waynik

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 25 July 2010

After decades of visitng relatives in the suburbs, it was great to stay in the city, and Pittsburgh has so much going for it in terms of charm, history, dining, and architecture, as well as cultural offerings. The inn is in Shadyside, an upscale older area near Oakland, the museum and university district. A short drive from downtown - but be careful, the street is easy to miss, with Pittsburgh being as hilly as it is. The house is enormous, 15,000 sq. feet, and beautiful, though it's a little strange, as the large main rooms are somewhat empty since they are staged as needed as an events space. The room I had (#2) was large and comfortable, though something on the walls would have been nice. Breakfast was great - the chef was a stitch and cooked anything you wanted. A few blocks away is Walnut, which has Pottery Barn, J. Crew, and all manner of nicer stores, as well as many non-chain restaurant choices. Definitely recommend!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
DFW, Texas
Reviewed 22 July 2010

My mother and I had the privilege to stay at the Mansion for a mother-daughter trip to the beautiful city of Pittsburgh. We had a fantastic experience. The Mansion is gorgeous, with original woodwork and stained-glass windows. The owners were very gracious hosts, and Chef Winston was amazing. He is a warm, kind gentleman, and His stories were endlessly entertaining. I have never been to a B&B before that allows you to choose whatever you want for breakfast! What a treat! Everything we tried was very tasty and well-prepared. Both my mother and I greatly enjoyed our stay here, and plan to return in the future.

• Stayed July 2010
1 Thank yankeeintexas
Reviewed 20 June 2010

We were travelling from out of town because my mother was having a surgery in Pittsburgh. I found this place online and we had an excellent experience. The location was great, the rooms were clean and comfortable, excellent breakfast, and awesome staff. Christine was amazing and she really made us feel as if we were at home. I will stay here again the next time that I am in the area!

• Stayed July 2010
Shannondale
Reviewed 10 May 2010

We met our brother and sister-in-law in Pitssburgh for a mini- family reunion on Mother's Day weekend. The Mansion at Maple Heights was a perfect setting. We were able to rent 2 of the bedrooms on the 3rd floor and had the wing to ourselves. We even had a mini-kitchen for that early morning cup of coffee. This whole set up made for a a very comfortable family-feeling. The manision itself exudes a splendid elegance from the beautiful stone exterior to the crystal chandeliers in the main hall and dining room, There is a wonderful, large back 'porch' with comfortable chairs and couches for relaxing and enjoying the surrouding trees and flowers. Our rooms were spacious and the beds very comfortable. The breakfast made by Chef Winston were delicious!!! And his stories and advice were very informative. We really enjoyed our selves and will return in the future.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 30 April 2010

This is a lovely B&B, with large, comfortable, unfussy rooms, in a charmingly restored turn-of-the-century mansion, set away from the hustle and bustle of trendy Shadyside, yet close enough for us to walk to the restaurant and shopping area of Walnut Street. The grounds are well maintained, though it was too early in the season for us to see everything in full bloom. Too bad the weather did not cooperate, and we were not able to enjoy the back patio.

We experienced excellent, attentive service in all respects, but breakfast was downright memorable. The dining room is full of light, wih fresh flowers on the tables, and the selections were endless. Chef Winston was just marvelous, adjusted to our different dietary requirements, whipped us the fluffiest of omelettes (yolk-in, eggwhites only, etc. and all the fillings are your choice) and was even able to recommend late-night dining options.

The only thing I would change (not a major item) would be the window treatments, which were too sheer for our South-facing windows. I'm a light sleeper and I'm used to wooden shutters, but I understand that this is something that won't bother too many other travellers!

All in all, a great place to stay. We will be back.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple