“Fantastic hotel and location”

Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore
Ranked #26 of 71 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Cary, North Carolina
“Fantastic hotel and location”
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Stayed at this hotel while in Pittsburgh for Antiques Roadshow. Fantastic location (will return for a Pirates game) and hotel extremely run and maintained. Price seemed very reasonable for an urban location considering the size and furnishings in the room. Only detraction was that a/c in fitness room was on the blink.

• Stayed August 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Cresson, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 September 2011

I just returned from Pittsburgh after going to a Pirate Game and the zoo with my husband and 2 boys. We had a wonderful time. The Residence Inn staff were the most welcoming I have experienced in a long time. They were very nice to our boys and took extra time to show them around the lobby area. The room was 'top notch'. It was so clean. We never expected the kitchen area to be so nice and well equipped. We will be back.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 8 September 2011

I stayed here with a bunch of friends for a Pitt game. Rooms were very comfortable and wide open. Nice big living room and kitchen was well equipped with stovetop, fridge, glasses, dishwasher, etc. The sink is on the outside of the bathroom, so it helps when multiple people are getting ready. There was also plenty of dressers and storage.

Everything was very clean and brand new. Staff was friendly. Parking was easy. Great stay.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank MapGreaterThanGPS
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 1 September 2011

We were in Pittsburgh for a ballgame. We chose the Residence Inn for its location (being directly across the street from the Pirates ballpark), and the reviews on Trip Advisor.

The customer service was second to none. We arrived several hours ahead of check-in time, but our room was ready. The suite was spacious, very well equipped with a fully stocked kitchen, full size fridge, dishwasher, coffee maker etc. The bed was comfortable, and everything (bathroom etc.) was very clean. Included in the room rate was a hot buffet breakfast with an excellent selection of breakfast items to choose from - eggs, sausages, potatoes, crepes, cereal, juices, choice of breads as well as hot and cold drinks. The hotel also offers shuttle service within a 3 mile radius, which we took advantage.

The North Shore Residence Inn is ideally located for PNC Field, Heinz Field and the Rivers Casino - all just a short and pleasant walk along the riverfront.

We required a late check out - again not a problem, with an excellent response to our request from the front desk.

I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Although directly across the street from PNC park, noise was not an issue.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank 2005Italy
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 August 2011

After reading the rave review was expecting something special. Instead, we found a solid but not special property. The location was convenient for our needs and the room mechanics were quiet. The staff were frequently busy and short. They tried to be nice but were not always successful. Housekeeping was spotty and required one phone call. I did like the shuttle service- it saved me from driving and there were no problems with it. I give 4 stars because of value. If the room was priced at $150 or under I would give it five.
The pool was a must-miss small echo chamber with iced water- yuch

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Wapakoneta, Ohio
Reviewed 22 August 2011

The front entrance to this hotel is literally less than 100 feet from the main entrance at PNC Park.When I go back I would definitely stay here again. Casino is a 10 minute walk and downtown is about a 15 minute walk. The only reason I give it a 3 for sleep quality is because I slept on the pullout or should I say I started to. I took mattress off of it and put it on floor because none of those sleeper sofa's are any good. Full kitchen if you desire to use it and 1 friend with me remarked he doesn't believe he has ever stayed in a room with a full size refrigerator.

Room Tip: Take someone over 62 with you as the senior discount is the best gig going.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Washington, D.C.
Reviewed 21 August 2011

I usually have great experiences at Residence Inn's. We had nine guys coming to Pittsburgh from all across the country for a guys weekend and had booked three 2 BR suites several months ago. I flew in the night before everybody else arrived and we had the extra two suites booked the next day and the day after that. However, people in our group were asked at least five different times if we would consider giving up our 2 BR suite for two separate 1 BR studios. We told them no each time - why in the world would we give up a 2 BR suite for a couple of 1 BR studios? There was no mention of a price discount or anything else for our inconvenience. Ask once, sure. Ask twice, a little strange. Ask more than twice, annoying. It quickly got very annoying. Additionally, when we said we wanted to stick with the additional two 2 BR suites that we had booked months ago, the staff seemed to get an attitude. I was told at 2 p.m. that the rooms would be ready shortly and that they'd call me because housekeeping was finishing up the rooms. At 4 p.m., still no call. This led to 5 p.m. when we finally got into the extra two suites. Nobody called, of course, we had to come downstairs numerous times to check into it (nobody was answering the front desk phone). They did take of an additional $30 per night for one of the rooms, but I found the entire experience incredibly unprofessional - staff seemed to be college kids who were in over their heads because it was a busy weekend.
On a fair note, the rooms were nice, breakfast was good and shuttle drivers excellent. Also in a nice location. Based on my personal experience, however, I cannot recommend this hotel due to the service.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends