“The ONLY place to stay in Pittsburgh!”

Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore
Ranked #29 of 72 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed 24 November 2013

My husband and I spent a wonderful long weekend at the Residence Inn North Shore and we would recommend this location without any hesitation. The hotel was very conveniently located - and the hotel offered a superior shuttle service (both drop-off and pick-up). Our longest wait for a ride was maybe 15 minutes. This was so much easier than trying to drive, park, and walk to whatever attraction we wanted to see. And the shuttle drivers were all very helpful with suggestions for dinner as well as other attractions.

Since we weren't planning on spending much time in our room, we booked a regular studio suite and expected a somewhat small room with a few extras. This room was so well planned! We had more than enough space to stretch out on the sofa and/or the chair with ottoman while watching tv. The bed area wasn't cramped at all. And there was plenty of room for two at the bathroom sink while getting dressed in the morning. I guess we could have gone with a full suite, but I can honestly say we probably wouldn't have been any more comfortable. Oh! and the room decor was really cool for this type of a studio suite. It was not decorated in typical hotel style - prints on the wall actually added something to the room ambiance!

About the extras... As a few other reviewers mentioned, the pool is indeed very small. The fitness room, on the other hand, was very well equipped. There is a 'manager's reception' during the week, but we didn't attend any of these so I really can't comment on the quality. Breakfast in the morning was good to above average for this type of hotel. The coffee was great!

Why four out of five instead of five out of five? Most of the desk staff was very personable and none were ever rude, but there is a little work that needs to be done here. For example, we purchased a few items from the little convenience store and asked for the charge to be added to our room. The lady didn't hesitate to add the items but we stood there not realizing she was finished because she never said 'thank you.' Another desk staffer let us know that the items were added on our room charge and the transaction was complete. (But still no thank you.) PLEASE note that this is minor and in no way impacted our stay - but it does make a difference on the overall hotel rating.

All in all, a wonderful stay! We would definitely stay here again and plan on this being our 'go to' hotel for Pittsburgh.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor facing the stadium.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Suslew
JamesPerryRINS, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Hi there, thank you for the detailed review!! I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and the feedback regarding our front desk will be brought to everyone's attention. You'll hopefully see in other reviews that we strive to be one of the best guest service teams in Pittsburgh. I sincerely apologize because I understand how something simple really can make a memorable impact on a stay and we'd rather be on the better side of that!! Please feel free to reach out and discuss anything else regarding your stay. Best wishes!!

Reviewed 4 November 2013

I loved every moment of my stay here! The property is in a great location (good proximity to the Pirates Stadium)....just steps from downtown. From the minute I walked through the automatic doors, I felt welcomed and relaxed. Everything is modern and well equipped and decorated. The room was extremely clean and spacious. Loved the décor! After a very long day, that king sized bed felt heavenly:-). The kitchen was well stocked....I felt like I was at home. The fitness center was above par and the pool was great (open until 11pm). As far as free breakfasts at hotels go, the breakfast at this hotel was GREAT!!! By far the best, I've had at a hotel. The selection was big and the food was fresh! I am ready for my next stay! I will most certainly be back the next time I'm in Pittsburgh!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
JamesPerryRINS, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

I'm happy that we hit the mark in making you feel welcome! We appreciate the feedback and we hope that you'll continue to choose our hotel whenever you stay in the future!!

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Welcoming front desk personnel, modern facility, good overall value
The fitness center is well equipped. The pool is a joke (6' wide, 20' long).

They offer a nice Manager's reception each weeknight with drinks (beer & wine) along with a different basic comfort food (burgers, tacos, etc.) each night. The menu is posted on the fridge in each room.
Clean, good condition and could not be closer to PNC Park.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We stayed for 4 nights and had a great experience. I was travelling with my parents as well as sister, brother in law and 4 kids under the age of 8. I'm always anxious checking in to a hotel with my mother, she's a bit of a germaphobe and can spot a piece of dust from 20 feet away. This is the first trip in many years that the hotel actually got her approval. She is not a fan of animals in hotels but the place was so clean that even she couldn't take issue.

You could see the cleaning crews out at different times of the day, cleaning windows, the elevators, everything! It was quite impressive. Please keep this up. The next time we come back to Pittsburgh we will for sure be staying at your hotel and we won't have to be stressed out upon check in!

The staff was excellent and you do have a true gem with Tara, she was super sweet with my neices and nephews.

Breakfast was great too, nice daily variety.

We will be back. Thank you so much.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Dawn R

Thanks so much for noticing our attention to detail. Our staff takes pride in our property and we always strive to keep it sparkling. I'm happy we could pass "the test" :) I hope to see you and your family again! Best wishes!!

Reviewed 21 October 2013

There is nothing negative to say about Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore. WE LOVED everything about our stay.

Perfect location!!!

Friendly & helpful staff.

Extremely clean room and bathroom and we had an amazing view of downtown.

By far the BEST breakfast I've ever had at a hotel. The crew who ran the breakfast was on top of keeping everything stocked and you could tell they really cared about the presentation and quality of the food. I was really impressed with it and looked forward to eating breakfast the rest of our stay there.

We visit Pittsburgh once a year and this is our new go to place to stay. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank clove78

Thanks for the kudos!!! I always love hearing that guests will return! I know it's been some time since your review but I wanted to let you know that we're actually listening!! It's been busy around these parts with the Steelers games. Please feel free to reach out to me for help booking your stay next year!

Reviewed 19 October 2013

We stayed only 1 night and has the best experience. From the minute we arrived, the staff was extremely friendly and the hotel was so clean and modern. The rooms are huge and very clean. They give you plenty of pillows, which I love, and the bed is so comfortable. They have a shuttle that takes you where you need to go (within reasonable distance of course) and you just have to sign up at the front desk. The complimentary breakfast was really good, too! I'm can't lie... Every single thing from start to finish was perfect. If you need to stay anywhere in Pittsburgh, stay here!! Even for 1 night... This hotel will exceed your expectations!!!

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank MrsT813

Thank you for reviewing!! I'm happy that you chose our hotel for your visit to Pittsburgh and I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate the time you took to review us and I hope you'll stay again when you visit next time!

Reviewed 12 October 2013

tom linda and bradshaw love staying at this awsum hotel. staff management, housekeeping, front desk, kitchen staff all excellent. no complaints at all. I am a germ freak, always use sani wipes as soon as I enter hotel room. Use wipes on everything and never have had one spec of dirt on the wipe. Gives us a great feeling. Would recommend this hotel to all.

Room Tip: all rooms are excellent. love two bedroom suite. super super room
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
JamesPerryRINS, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Thanks for posting! We love our return guests! We hope to continue to see you whenever you visit the city! Maybe a Pens game soon?!