“Everything you expect from a RI and more”

Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore
Ranked #29 of 72 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Great location I only wish the Pirates were playing yesterday! New hotel, friendly staff, shuttle that will run you downtown although I think you could walk it weather permitting. Room was clean. A little on the pricey side but you get what you pay for.

2  Thank tmarcone
ri_pitrn_fd, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2015

It is shame that baseball can't be played all year round especially when you stay at a hotel right across the street from the stadium. Thank you for staying with us and mentioning great things about our hotel and staff. Thank you again and see you for a future stay.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

I had to spend one or more nights in Pittsburgh to be available for jury duty. The Residence Inn North Shore met all my needs and more. To begin with they were very kind about agreeing to let me have a late checkout if I was not called to serve on the jury. This, in fact, happened and they let me check out of the room a little after 1:30 without an extra charge. Then I had to get downtown and back and again the staff were very helpful. They arranged for me to take their complimentary shuttle which dropped me off right at the court house door, which was much appreciated as it was cold and snowy. They also gave me directions for taking the T (subway) back to the hotel just a half block away. The studio suite I had was gorgeous and beautifully equipped and arranged. I could have easily lived there for some time with the full kitchen, lots of lighting, a wonderful bed, and a TV that rotated so it could be seen from the sitting area or the bed. There was a complimentary breakfast and a social hour in the evening with enough food to make a light dinner. I didn't use the lap pool, though I planned to if I had stayed another night, but I checked it out and it looked lovely. I'm one of the few people left in the world without a laptop or tablet, but they had computers in the lobby for guest use. They will even do your grocery shopping for you and pets are allowed. And in addition to all of this, when I looked out of my window I was facing the most beautiful ball park in America, PNC Park (O.K., so I'm prejudiced). Very highly recommended!

Room Tip: Get one facing PNC Park if you are a baseball fan.
1  Thank PaAnnie

We appreciate you choosing the Residence Inn North Shore for your stay in Pittsburgh. Thank you for great review in addition to all the wonderful compliments about our property. We are right across the street from PNC Park and within walking distance to the "T" subway station. Those two attractions aside from Heinz Field and the museums in the area, make this location a great place to stay to see the city. Our shuttle also will take to you to other destinations within the city as well, so you may enjoy the view from MT Washington or a Primanti's sandwich in the Strip. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to another future visit.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Since I was downtown it was noce to have the free parking at the hotel. The breakfast, social hour, and hotel room was up to the standards of a Residence Inn. I stay at a lot of Residence Inns and most Marriott properties, but surprisingly I found the front desk staff was not friendly. By no means were they rude but I was surprised I did not get a friendly greeting or smile, plus she did not mention what time breakfast and the evening social took place, which is a standard check in practice I get from all Residence Inns. She also checked me out when I asked for my receipt and again no smile or "how was your stay" - guess it wasn't a fluke at check in.

4  Thank Northeast_Traveler48

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Shore! We were happy to have you here with us. I would like to apologize for falling short in making feel welcomed at our property. I assure you that was never our intent. We are going to use your feedback as a training tool for future guest interactions. Thank you again and we hope you will give the Residence Inn another try.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

This was the most expensive per night accommodation I stayed in on my USA trip because I found it hard to find anything cheaper that was still decent and in a good location in Pittsburgh. But it lived up to the price! I didn't realise when I booked it that I had a kitchen and lounge room area in my room which was awesome because I was actually sick at this point and spent more time in the room than I normally would have. It was larger than I thought! Beautiful big bed. I liked how the tv could be turned around to either face the bed or the couches. Nice big full length mirrors on the wardrobe's sliding doors. Very clean. Great location especially if you are going to a game at PNC Park and is only a couple of blocks away from the Andy Warhol Museum. I used the free shuttle to be dropped at one of the inclines which was very handy. Staff were always friendly and helpful. The breakfast is pretty decent, lots of choices. Overall I very much enjoyed this hotel but being a backpacker it was definitely a splurge - not budget accommodation!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank vargasgirl1984

Thank you for your comments. We are very fortunate to have so many great reviews here on TripAdvisor and I greatly appreciate you adding your experience. I am happy that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle within a select 3 mile radius of the hotel to enjoy all the amenties that Pittsburgh has to offer. I am happy that our staff was able to deliver outstanding service and hope you will come back for a future visit.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Had an advanced booking for two nights but arrived a day early to avoid traveling in a snowstorm. Staff were gracious and welcoming (Dylan, I believe?) and gave us the same reduced rate we had paid for the original stay. Room was nicely appointed and very clean. Quiet and calm environment. Very handy to have a fully equipped kitchen, especially when staying with two large dogs. There is very little green space around the hotel, so that was a bit challenging when trying to make a quick trip outside with dogs. However, there is a nice river walk area about two blocks away, and a fantastic free dog park at Riverview park, which is about a ten minute drive. Staff were responsive and friendly, and free breakfast was the best hotel continental breakfast we've had. Would definitely stay here again if we are in Pittsburgh. Thank you, Residence Inn, for making our visit so enjoyable!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Residence Inn North Shore. We understand travelling into snow can be a mess at times, so we are happy that we are able to accomodate your needs. I am happy that our front desk staff and other hotel associates were able to make your stay more enjoyable. We hope to see you again in for a future stay.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

The location of the hotel is great. We stayed the night over New Years' Eve. The room was a suite and had plenty of room. It was clean and a large, comfortable bed. We had reservations for dinner at a local restaurant and naturally we wanted to take showers. The bathroom was clean and everything looked new, however the shower did not work. No hot water nor warm water was available! No matter how we tried we couldn't get it to function. I ended up taking a cold shower. The safe in the room was not functioning either. I reported both of these issues to the management. I agree with some of the other reviewers, the parking was too darn expensive. One of the manager's decided not to charge us the $20 parking fee to compensate for the lack of water/shower issue.
The hotel was clean and we did use the pool which was also nice. I really could not understand how the cleaning staff failed to notice a non-functioning shower or hot water in the bathroom!

Room Tip: the suite was very large and comfortable
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank msergi
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We've stayed at this hotel several times. The people are always friendly and the breakfast is plentyful. Like that coffee, tea and chocolate milk is available around the clock. Lobby and rooms ae always very clean. Hotel is also accessible t othr sites like Primanti Bros via the free shuttle service.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple