“Bakery Square SpringHill Suites”

SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Bakery Square
Ranked #33 of 70 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“Bakery Square SpringHill Suites”
Reviewed 29 April 2013

We stayed in this hotel last week while in town on a Wednesday night. It is close to my parents and was perfect for getting to them and St. Margaret's Hospital. It was booked solid for the week, so we were lucky to get one night, and unfortunately would have loved to spend a few more nights when we had to return over the weekend but we could not get a room.

Room was nice, spacious and quiet. Good shower pressure, nice amenities, and the staff was great. Decent breakfast (included with every room) and the parking was convenient. I wished we had had more time since there is not only an Anthropologie Boutique, but a Free People Boutique as well just below the hotel. Although booked solid, you did not notice it and it was overall a very good stay.

Room Tip: I would pick a higher floor, you are just above the bus depot and you can hear trains at night. The...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Bakery Square, responded to this review, 14 May 2013
M3Mechanicsburg,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us at SpringHill Suites. We’re happy to have had you as our guest while in town visiting family, and we’re glad our location suited your travel needs. It’s great to receive your kind comments about our comfortable accommodations, friendly staff and the variety of amenities that we’re proud to offer our guests. Please plan to stay with us again the next time you visit your family so you can explore the boutiques. Thank you again for writing.

Justin Blair, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Baltimore
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Short drive to and from several different areas of town. Rooms are nice and staff is friendly. It's a bit confusing when you first pull in to unload and then park, but we figured it out. I stayed here in February and then again in April. Conveniences of Trader Joe's and Target are close by, if needed. There is a coffee shop and Panera in the shopping center downstairs. I tend to dislike what most hotels serve at their breakfast, so this was good. Straight shot down Penn Ave to the strip district, but lots of lights.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
dawnanddiego,
We appreciate your review and complimentary feedback on our hotel and friendly staff. I’m glad our central location provides many options and conveniences for your travel needs. We’re happy to have had you as our guest and hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

san francisco
Reviewed 24 April 2013

Great place and staff
Once you get used to the pattern (where to park) what elevators and such to use
its great
Friendly fun staff and good breakfast
Only drawback is its not near anything to walk to for dinner

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Bakery Square, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
kavinsfo,
Thank you for your review and kind comments about our great hotel and friendly staff. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us at the SpringHill Suites, and we hope you will have an opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed 17 April 2013

Stayed at the SHS during Frozen Four weekend. The hotel is very clean and very modern. The rooms were very nice and spacious. The breakfast was extremely good!!! The staff was exceptionally nice. All in all a very good stay. If in Pittsburgh I'd stay here if my business were in the area. It's about a 15 minute ride from downtown.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Philadelphia
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Hotel is very nice, I did have hot water pressure problems the second morning of my stay. Bakery Square is still developing. So besides a Jimmy Johns and a Panera there is not alot close by (walking) in the way of food. The hotel is a short drive from the many options around Shadyside and the Univ of Pittsburgh. Instead of a fitness center you get access to a nearby (a few short yards) LA Fitness gym....that is why I selected the hotel and I was not disappointed at all.

The hotel was an easy off peak drive to "downtown" Pittsburgh.

Breakfast was just OK. Exact same options two days in a row. I know it was free but it wasn't great.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Bakery Square, responded to this review, 17 April 2013
PAtrip,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us at the SpringHill Suites. I’m happy to hear that our partnership with LA Fitness was a beneficial perk that met your expectations. We enjoyed your company and and hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 March 2013

We were in Pittsburgh for the first time to tour Carnegie Mellon University and wanted a comfortable hotel not too far from the campus. I usually pick Marriotts, and know what to expect, but this modern property was quite unexpected. Our suite had two queen sized beds, in addition to a separate area with a sofa bed and desk, which worked well for my family. Often suite hotels have one bed and the kids are forced to share a sofa bed, so this was much better. The room was very clean and modern, with one bathroom that had just a toilet and sink, and a second with a sink and shower. Very European! Also, the shower had a glass door, rather than a curtain, which seemed much cleaner. We didn't have time to explore the mall next door, but it looked nice and was brand new. We did get out for dinner and the hotel gave us a full list of recommended restaurants in the area, making it easy. A relaxing happy hour at the bar an a free hot breakfast made our stay perfect. Bakery Square is a new area, taking over a location where a factory closed. I makes for a great stopping point if you are visiting this area of Pittsburgh. The hotel is not cheap, but not expensive either, and all things considered, worth every penny.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank karent62
Renee B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Bakery Square, responded to this review, 3 April 2013
karent62,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your stay with us at SpringHill Suites. It’s great to know that you had a pleasant stay with us while touring Carnegie Mellon University! I’m pleased to hear that our hotel exceeded your expectations and hope you will be back to visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

California
Reviewed 27 March 2013

This is hotel is GREAT! The first thing that grabs you as you enter the building is the CLEAN smell that smacks you in the face. So that was my first impression. We're off to a good start. The staff was very friendly and helpful. 5 STARS! I was able to check into my hotel room early, so that made me happy. (11:30am). Check-in was quick and easy. Smooth sailing. This hotel reeks with style. I loved the lobby. With its green colors and hip furniture. Very inviting. The lobby has a small bar that I saw many people partaking in.

The rooms are big enough. A separate sitting room and work desk with all the power plugs. The toilet and shower are in two different areas. The rooms are VERY clean. Brand spanking new! (photos included). I had the view of the bus depot (very quiet). I've included a photo of the view of the bus depot from my room. This hotel is QUIET. I stayed here 3 nights and slept very well the entire time I was here. I didn't have my room made up the first day and I was sent a courtesy note stating that if I changed my mind, to contact them. I even got a phone call to confirm that.

They offer free breakfast - pretty standard, but tasty. They had scrambled eggs/scrambled eggs with cheese - sausage patties marinated in some sweet raisin sauce - cereal - bagels - muffins - coffee - orange juice & waffles. (make your own). I took advantage of the free breakfast every morning I was there. It's FREE! The hotel also offers free Wi-Fi which I easily was able to connect to. No password required. Parking was easy. Just next to the hotel in a huge garage. They also offer free shuttle service to about 15 restaurants in the area - very convenient. We took advantage of that our first night.

The hotel is also conveniently close to a lot of stores and restaurants. Panera Bread being one - just downstairs from the hotel. I ate there my first day. There's also a Target just down the street which I had to visit a few times for various things. So that was great. And the business center (one computer) is right there in the lobby.

All in all - what a great hotel experience for me. Not a single glitch. So this review will follow suit.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 4th floor - very quiet!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank mzmeryze
Mzmeryze,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your experience with us at SpringHill Suites Hotel. We appreciate your business and happy you enjoyed your stay and all the amenities we have to offer. I’m glad to hear that we exceeded your expectations with the cleanliness of our hotel and friendly service of our staff. We hope you will visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.