“Perfect to Visit Schools”

SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Bakery Square
Ranked #33 of 70 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Buffalo, New York
“Perfect to Visit Schools”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I had come to Pittsburgh to visit Chatham University for their open house. With free parking, ample food choices in the area, friendly service, and great amenities I will definitely be staying here again. The market was open when I got back late from the university function and the woman working the front desk was very nice and patient when I kept coming back for more snacks. I knew that room service was still available, but I did not want to bother anybody. I took advantage of the free breakfast in the morning before heading back home and it was very delicious. Looking forward to staying here during my 10 day writer's residencies while attending Chatham. If I could live in this hotel, I definitely would.

Room Tip: As to stay on the front side of the building if it is available. A garbage truck (or something simil...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank ntone89
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Bakery Square, responded to this review, 12 October 2013
ntone89,
Thank you for choosing SpringHill Suites Bakery Square while visiting Chatham University's open house. It's fantastic to hear our friendly service and great amenities made for an enjoyable stay. We're happy to have had you as our guest, and we look forward to your return visit during your 10 day writer's residencies. Thank you once again for sharing your complimentary feedback.

Best regards,
Justin Blair, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Bangor, Maine
Reviewed 1 October 2013

This hotel is located in a very nice area. The breakfast area is beautiful and the choices for breakfast are sure to please even the fussiest eater.
The staff was friendly and helpful. Access to the internet was very easy. Lots of outlets to charge all our phones, iPads etc. Having separated the shower from the toilet meant we didn't feel rushed in the morning.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank mainenanax5
mainenanax5,
We appreciate you sharing feedback on your experience with us at SpringHill Suites Bakery Square. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and found our service, amenities, and location all to meet your satisfaction. We hope you'll have an opportunity to return for another visit in the near future. Thank you again for writing.

Best regards,
Somerset, New Jersey
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We stayed here with family in two separate suites for one night. We were attending the Season-Kick-off Football Game at Carnegie Mellon.
We were impressed with the up - and - coming surrounding area with plenty of shops and stores all around in the cul-de-sac. The ample Hotel Parking was free..
The front desk staff were all super-friendly, helpful and courteous.But being Platinum Members, we are accustomed to being asked if we would like an upgrade, or a complimentary snack. Maybe two wedding and their guests kept them occupied, and they forgot to do so. Oh, well !
Our room was meticulous with clean white sheets, mini-fridge, microwave, coffee maker, and flat screen TV. We liked the fact that the toilet and shower areas were separate.Each had a sink and pocket doors. This helps if the family is in a hurry, because both areas can be used separately.
The sleeping area is separated from the sitting room by a glass partition. That sitting area contains a good-sized desk, sectional sofa, lamps and coffee table.The partition helps to keep both areas isolated of each other.
The breakfast included for our room was awesome. It had a very good selection of cereals,yoghurts, waffles, muffins, toast, fresh fruit, freshly - made coffee and tea.There was a variety of toppings for each item. The seating area was adequate.
We were only here for one night, so it was OK, but there is not enough storage for longer stays.
The place met our expectations, and we will probably stay here again when we visit our nephew at Carnegie Mellon University.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the store-fronts are quieter.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Bakery Square, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Suneeti H,

Thank you for the wonderful review of our SpringHill Suites Bakery Square. I am pleased you enjoyed all of the amenities we offer along with our spacious, well-appointed suites. Thank you for your pledged loyalty to Marriott! I will be sure to share your comments to our staff. Thank you again and we hope to see you again in the future!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We stayed here as a family, and it was a great choice! It was a pretty good price, and it was very comfortable for all of us. There was a large couch area that my 3 year old slept on, and they provided a rollaway crib for the littler one. The front desk was super friendly, and helpful. The breakfast was really good, and the attendants were very helpful. As I was trying to guide a 3 year old, and a 1 year old to a table, find a high chair, and carry our food at the same time someone came running to help me out (bless him!). The hotel is also very well located for Carnegie Mellon, hospitals, the Zoo, and shopping. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank katie p
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Bakery Square, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Katie p,

Thank you for sharing feedback on your experience at our SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Bakery Square. We’re pleased to hear our comfortable accommodations, friendly staff, and convenient location made for an enjoyable stay. We look forward to your return visit.

Ashtabula, Ohio
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Company booked me here for two nights while in town on business. It was a great Springhill Suites but seemed like it was on a smaller scale. The room was a nice king studio suite but odd set up with the bathroom --- the toilet and sink were completely separated from the sink and shower. At first glance, bathroom sink had two small hairs in it, but room, in general, was clean. Fairly decent size room with a fridge, microwave, coffee pot. A desk area and an L-shaped sofa separated by a partition from the king size bed. Lots of big, fluffy pillows on the bed. Pool is extremely small. Guest laundry available across the hall from pool -- very convenient. Very nice to have a complimentary shuttle to area businesses, but not THE most reliable. A little late picking up and dropping off. Breakfast in the morning was way more than expected!!! Scrambled eggs, muffins, yogurt, fresh fruit, cinnamon bread, cereals, every morning drink imaginable, even kiwi-strawberry vitality water, every topping you could think of for the eggs and oatmeal and they even had turkey sausage (SCORE!!!!) Hotel is convenient to lots in the area. Panera Bread attached. Huge Target and Trader Joe's within walking. Several local restaurant choices within walking. Parking in the parking garage across the walkway very convenient and covered. Front Desk staff was very accomodating, especially Ryan who helped me with many small requests. Always smiling!!

Room Tip: Try to request a room on the back side of the hotel. Very large, noisy construction site across the...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Debbie29940
Debbie29940,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us at the SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Bakery Square. We appreciate your feedback on both positive comments and opportunity for improvement. I am pleased you enjoyed all of the amenities we offer, along with the SpringHill Suites Brand in general. Please plan to visit us again the next time you travel to Pittsburgh.

Rochester, New York
Reviewed 5 September 2013

My spouse and I spent almost a week at Bakery Square in late August. We chose well; the Springhill Suites hotel was a perfect base for me to explore nearby neighborhoods, and a reasonable drive for my husband's business commutes to W.Mifflin. We moved here after a curtailed stay at a hotel near Walnut St.

1. In walking distance to many attractions, including the Frick Art Center, shopping, restaurants, and parks. I enjoyed walking to Murray St. to eat at my favorite Vietnamese restaurant (and walking to burning a few calories after a bowl of Bun Thit Nuong).
2. The hotel seems very new and clean. The room was bright and the furniture was minimalist and comfortable. The bathroom was impeccably clean and for some reason I loved the sliding doors.
3. There's health club attached to the building!
4. Hotel breakfast..is typical, but my spouse enjoyed this convenience before an early commute each day.
5.Trader Joe's within a couple blocks..also an amazing yarn store. Liked filling the mini fridge...but good luck finding a place to buy a six pack nearby (for less than $20).
6. They don't supply ceramic coffee mugs...but the kind staff at the front desk found one for us.
7.Only one complaint (request) about hotel management: Daily phone call sto enquire whether we would like more towels, housekeeping, etc. are not necessary.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Finocchia,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review of our SpringHill Suites Bakery Square. I am pleased you enjoyed all of the amenities our hotel and local area has to offer. We hope to see you and your husband again the next time that you are in the Pittsburgh Area.

Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

Was partaking in the bitter-sweet moment of my son going to college and settle into the hotel after a long drive and long day after seeing my son off.. This hotel is remarkably clean and the ambiance thru out the hotel not only lifted my spirits but made me feel more comfy, while the staff were extraordinary . My only slight concern was the continental breakfast which wasn't as appetizing in selection, appearance and quality as I have expected from the Marriott Springhill's I've stayed at over the years. However, no biggie, I still give this location 10 stars if I could.. We all can have off moments in life

• Stayed August 2013
Chizzman,
We appreciate you selecting SpringHill Suites Bakery Square to serve your hotel needs while taking your son to college. We’re happy to have provided a little extra comfort for your stay with our clean accommodations and excellent service. Your feedback is important to us on opportunities for improvement. We hope you’ll visit us again the next time you travel to the area. Thanks again.