“Overall excellent”

Ranked #31 of 71 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Overall excellent”
Reviewed 8 October 2010

Our experience was excellent. My father has some mobility issues and these were addressed. He got cheerful help when he needed it. The staff was always helpful with recommending restaurants and services and they also gave directions. It is nice that everything is so brand new at this hotel. It even smells new!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
California
Reviewed 21 August 2010

I spent 3 nights at this new hotel and it is very clean and nice. I found the staff to be very helpful, great rooms with nice bedding, quiet and breakfast was just fine. Nice patio to sit out and enjoy the summer. They will shuttle you to better areas to eat since this area does not offer that or anything else. There is a Starbucks like coffee shop, Anthropology retail and a gym (both of those were closed because of a leak) but that's it. View from rooms rather bleak-bus barn with broken down buses. To sum it up-clean, new, modern but area has not been fully developed so drive to where you want to go or take the shuttle--surrrounding area not so nice but close to stuff.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank linnde
Cary, NC
Reviewed 15 August 2010

The hotel is new (opened April 30, 2010). It's clean. It's modern. The rooms are pretty big with a sofa/sitting area, a desk and a dividing wall between the two. The bed is very comfortable with high quality sheets. The breakfast is pretty decent with decent eggs, sausage, and waffles. It could use a bit more fruit. The seating area looks pretty nice. The Urban Fitness place is very nice and you have free use of it as hotel guest. Bakery Square is still developing as of August 2010 but it seems nice and should have more shops and restaurants in time. It's a short drive to CMU and Pitt. The staff was excellent and went out of their way to help.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank viperflt
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 August 2010

The hotel was very clean and the layout was terrific. We were traveling from Philly to Chicago and stayed at the Springfiled Suites for one night. My eight year old son, fifteen year old daughter, and my husband really like the room design (it's usually a challenge to please all). My son was also quite pleased with the internet access. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank lenacj
St. Louis
Reviewed 5 August 2010

My wife and I checked into the hotel, put our luggage in the room and left until late at night. We discovered that the bottom of the toilet seat was covered with ( there is no way to desribe this other than loose #2). We did not complain until early the next morning. At first we were told that it would be several hours before housekeeping could get to it. I did not accept this and asked that we be given a different room. The clerk at the desk took it upon herself to clean it for us. We also changed rooms later that day. That was my only complaint for the 3 nightswe were there. The hotel is new and very comfortable. It was a good location for us. My recommendation to management is that they really need to work with the cleaning staff. I am 58 years old and have stayed at all types of hotels, motels and resorts and I have never seen anything like this before. The management should have found me and appologized for this experience. I would have appreciated that.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank beachman
Warfordsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 July 2010

This hotel rocks, and this is coming from a very experienced business traveler. Yes, the hotel is brand new but I've stayed at new hotels before that weren't great. SpringhillSuites has really upped its game over the years - I stayed at one in Harrisburg recently and it was equally impressive. The room layout is fantastic and very modern - great use of space, the office area is blocked from the bedroom area by a wall, the reading lights don't light up the whole room, large flat-screen TV, large wall mirror, fridge, microwave, sectional couch that I wasn't afraid to lounge on. The toilet is in a different room from the shower, but I kind of like that - both rooms have sinks and mirrors, and someone could be doing their business while the other one is in the shower. It is strange, however, that neither door (sliding/pocket doors) lock. Another minor complaint is that the corner storage rack in the shower is tiny - more of a concern for folks that bring full-size products. The staff here is phenomenal - very friendly and helpful. I don't get why some people are complaining about the breakfast area - I found it to be extremely spacious and well laid-out, much better than most. I'd give the free buffet an 8.5 - yes, the eggs are bad/fake and the sausage was cold, but there are numerous other solid choices. Bakery Square still has many vacant shops, but give it time. The overall area is fine and there is a big park (Mellon Park) across the street. The parking garage isn't scary, either. Enjoy!

• Stayed July 2010
Erie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 July 2010

My husband and I stayed there for one night. Another couple we were with also stayed in the hotel. Baker square is actually still in developing mode & there really wasn't anything there except two shops & a fitness place. The hotel itself is very new and nicely decorated. Although the breakfast was free, it was not very good. Stay far away from the plastic eggs and I'm still debating whether or not the sausage patty was actually "meat" or not. Stick to the bagels and cereal. Again, the hotel is decorated well but the layout in the breakfast area is very small for the guests to sit & eat. I suggest bringing the food back to your room. The pool was extremely tiny & strange. I don't think it's possible for a adult to actually be able to "swim". The parking garage is free, but overall I would stay downtown & pay to park. You are much closer to dinning and shops.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple