“Great location & great pricing”

Hyatt Place Pittsburgh-North Shore
Ranked #22 of 71 Hotels in Pittsburgh
York, Pennsylvania
“Great location & great pricing”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

My wife and I stayed in Pittsburgh at the Hyatt North Shore. From the time of check in until the time of check out, the hotel was awesome! The staff were friendly and professional. The room was extremely clean. The room service was reasonably priced and good food. Breakfast was great as well. We also asked for a late checkout (due to the Rivers Casino!!!!) and the staff accommodated our wishes without hesitation.
I would recommend the Hyatt North Shore to anyone looking to relax while visiting downtown Pittsburgh!

Room Tip: For awesome views, request a room above the 6th floor.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
JodyRumble, General Manager at Hyatt Place Pittsburgh-North Shore, responded to this review, 11 March 2014

I am very glad that your stay was enjoyable and you were able to experience some of the great local attractions and Casino.

Best Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 25 February 2014

This hotel is located near down town Pittsburg. Rooms are vast with one Queen/King bed and a sofa bed for extra comfort.

It is no 5 stars luxury but it is clean, convenient, as well as practical.

Tea and coffee making facilities as well as WIFI connectivity are a bonus.

Staff at the front desk are helpful, and very nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the lift
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
JodyRumble, General Manager at Hyatt Place Pittsburgh-North Shore, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hyatt Place Pittsburgh North Shore and for taking the time to write your review. We always appreciate hearing from our guests regarding their experience.

I am very happy that your stay was enjoyable and you were able to experience some of the great local attractions.

Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I stayed here for a weekend with 3 other people. I liked that the entire hotel looked modern and was very clean. Our room was clean, the furniture was comfortable, and the decor was modern. Not dark and dingy like some hotels. The towels were large and thick and I really liked the shower. It was a nice tile shower that was roomy. My complaints about the actual room is that there was no microwave, the light in the bathroom was very dark, and I think the walls are thinner than most hotel rooms. We had very very loud neighbors that kept me up most of my Friday night stay, which is not the hotels fault at all, but it just seemed like I could hear every little thing that was going on in the hallway. I was sleeping in the pull out couch which is right next to the hallway, so if you are sleeping in the bed it may not be as bad.
The free breakfast was very good. They had an above avegare variety. Make sure you go before 9am or there will be a line clear out past the lobby. I did think the breakfast was a bit disorganized though. The way the line starts is right in front of the drinks, so if you just want to refill your drink you either have to wait in the entire line with the people who are getting food or you have to try and squeeze your way in front of someone. Also, the plates and cups are not disposable and I didn't see anyone take their breakfast to their rooms so I'm thinking the hotel discourages you from eating in your room.
The location is very close to restaurants and other activities. You can walk across their back parking lot to get to the T, which is the free rail service. We used this mostly because the shuttle was always booked.
There wasn't a hot tub in the pool area which was disappointing.
I would stay at this hotel again. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway side.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank KM78523
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We always appreciate hearing from our guests regarding their experience at our hotel.

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that you had at during your stay at our hotel.
I do hope that you were able to enjoy your trip overall.

Once again, we greatly appreciate your feedback as it assists us in identifying certain areas in need of improvement.

Winburne,pa
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with family and friends for my birthday weekend. We had 3 rooms between us all. The rooms were very nice, clean and spacious. My favorite part was the glorious view we had!!! The staff was excellent and very nice. Thank-you!!! I will return for a weekend getaway again.

Stayed February 2014
JodyRumble, General Manager at Hyatt Place Pittsburgh-North Shore, responded to this review, 5 March 2014

I am very happy that your weekend getaway was enjoyable. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Wenonah, New Jersey
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

Large room, with sitting area and sofa, mini fridge, separate area for bed. Clean room, comfortable beds, good pillows. Walking distance to restaurants, bars, and stadium. Warm cookies in the evenings. Free hot breakfast buffet in the morning, eggs, French toast, cold and hot cereals, fruit, etc. Good value for the price. Would stay here again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank designdane

Opening game for the Pirates is this month which is just next door. The other side of our hotel is Heinz field. Come back for a Football game or concert.

UNIONTOWN, OH
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I recently spent 2 nights at the Hyatt. The layout of the room is very similar to the Springhill Suites, not ideal. The bed is very close to the heating unit and the TV is impossible to see from the desk and difficult to see from the bed. The heating unit made a lot of noise when it shut off. The hotel was clean, the towels fluffy and the bed was comfortable as long as you did not lay on the side next to the heating unit. The hotel has a free continental breakfast but I did not try it. There is an additional charge for parking at the hotel. I used the shuttle service to the casino the first night with no issue. The 2nd day I had pre-booked the shuttle to the hotel in the morning to the hospital which is approximately 10 minutes away in traffic (2 miles). The trip to the hospital took 25 minutes since they had another passenger to drop off so plan accordingly. I have 5 minutes to get to an 8 am appointment. I called at 4pm from the hospital requesting a pick up and was told they would be there to pick me up at approximately 4:30pm. After several calls I was told that the pick up was delayed and then later that the shuttle was stuck in traffic. If I had known that it was going to take that long, I personally would have called a taxi. Each time I called the hotel, they would give me a new time that the shuttle woudl arrive. The hospital lobby area was not heated so it was almost as bad as waiting outside in the cold. If I return to this hotel, I will not use their shuttle service.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time providing your feedback. We always appreciate hearing from our guests regarding their experience.

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that you had with our complimentary shuttle, and heating unit during your stay.

We strive to accommodate our guest needs and I can see that we did not meet your expectations. We hope you will give us a second chance in the near future.

essex, ct
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I picked this place because it was closest to Steelers Stadium and cheapest. Little did I know Pirates stadium was right out my window! Location perfect for games, subway, restaurants, river, walking to downtown. Its near casino too. Shuttle needed for that I think. Didn't go.

I was extremely impressed with their staff in all areas. I wish I could remember their names to give a shout out. 24/7 food available, can't beat that.

I will stay here for all future games for sure!

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank KathyinCt
Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hyatt Place Pittsburgh North Shore and for taking the time to write your review.

I am glad your stay was enjoyable and you were able to experience some of the great local attractions.

Come back for a Football game, Baseball game, Concert or the Casino which are all within walking distance from the hotel.

We appreciate your business and hope to see you again in the near future.