“Nice surprise”

Ranked #21 of 68 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Baltimore, MD
“Nice surprise”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Stayed one night to celebrate a birthday in town. Check in was easy...$19 to park. Got to the room and it was blasting heat. Took a while to cool down. Room nicely layed out. When unfolding the sofa bed, there were crumbs/hair on it. Upon calling, customer service immediately brought up vouchers for free parking and a free drink. Nice touch. They had a great breakfast in the morning complete with pancakes, sausage, eggs, potatoes, fruit, breads, etc. This was all complementary.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
JodyRumble, General Manager at Hyatt Place Pittsburgh-North Shore, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time providing your feedback. We always appreciate hearing from our guests regarding their experience.

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that you had with the sofa bed during your stay. I can assure you that this was an isolated incident and will not happen again.

We appreciate your business and hope you will give us a second chance in the near future.

Best Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
South Central Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I really liked this hotel. Our room wasn't big but the way it was laid out was very comfortable & homey. They have the space kind of split up comfy bed and shower area... Couch desk & TV separate. Checking in and out... Staff was very friendly. Convenient parking. Close to restaurants (walking distance) We were told a shopping center was being built nearby int he near future. BREAKFAST was delicious, hot choices not just donuts and juice.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
JodyRumble, General Manager at Hyatt Place Pittsburgh-North Shore, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hyatt Place Pittsburgh North Shore and for taking the time to write your review. We always appreciate hearing from our guests regarding their experience.

I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay and you experienced our delicious hot breakfast and great location. The retail stores next door is scheduled to be completed in July 2014.
Come back for a Baseball game, Football game, concert, and shopping.

York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 February 2014

My wife and I stayed in Pittsburgh at the Hyatt North Shore. From the time of check in until the time of check out, the hotel was awesome! The staff were friendly and professional. The room was extremely clean. The room service was reasonably priced and good food. Breakfast was great as well. We also asked for a late checkout (due to the Rivers Casino!!!!) and the staff accommodated our wishes without hesitation.
I would recommend the Hyatt North Shore to anyone looking to relax while visiting downtown Pittsburgh!

Room Tip: For awesome views, request a room above the 6th floor.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

I am very glad that your stay was enjoyable and you were able to experience some of the great local attractions and Casino.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 25 February 2014

This hotel is located near down town Pittsburg. Rooms are vast with one Queen/King bed and a sofa bed for extra comfort.

It is no 5 stars luxury but it is clean, convenient, as well as practical.

Tea and coffee making facilities as well as WIFI connectivity are a bonus.

Staff at the front desk are helpful, and very nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the lift
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
JodyRumble, General Manager at Hyatt Place Pittsburgh-North Shore, responded to this review, 6 March 2014

I am very happy that your stay was enjoyable and you were able to experience some of the great local attractions.

Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I stayed here for a weekend with 3 other people. I liked that the entire hotel looked modern and was very clean. Our room was clean, the furniture was comfortable, and the decor was modern. Not dark and dingy like some hotels. The towels were large and thick and I really liked the shower. It was a nice tile shower that was roomy. My complaints about the actual room is that there was no microwave, the light in the bathroom was very dark, and I think the walls are thinner than most hotel rooms. We had very very loud neighbors that kept me up most of my Friday night stay, which is not the hotels fault at all, but it just seemed like I could hear every little thing that was going on in the hallway. I was sleeping in the pull out couch which is right next to the hallway, so if you are sleeping in the bed it may not be as bad.
The free breakfast was very good. They had an above avegare variety. Make sure you go before 9am or there will be a line clear out past the lobby. I did think the breakfast was a bit disorganized though. The way the line starts is right in front of the drinks, so if you just want to refill your drink you either have to wait in the entire line with the people who are getting food or you have to try and squeeze your way in front of someone. Also, the plates and cups are not disposable and I didn't see anyone take their breakfast to their rooms so I'm thinking the hotel discourages you from eating in your room.
The location is very close to restaurants and other activities. You can walk across their back parking lot to get to the T, which is the free rail service. We used this mostly because the shuttle was always booked.
There wasn't a hot tub in the pool area which was disappointing.
I would stay at this hotel again. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway side.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank KM78523
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We always appreciate hearing from our guests regarding their experience at our hotel.

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that you had at during your stay at our hotel.
I do hope that you were able to enjoy your trip overall.

Once again, we greatly appreciate your feedback as it assists us in identifying certain areas in need of improvement.

Winburne,pa
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with family and friends for my birthday weekend. We had 3 rooms between us all. The rooms were very nice, clean and spacious. My favorite part was the glorious view we had!!! The staff was excellent and very nice. Thank-you!!! I will return for a weekend getaway again.

Stayed February 2014
JodyRumble, General Manager at Hyatt Place Pittsburgh-North Shore, responded to this review, 5 March 2014

I am very happy that your weekend getaway was enjoyable. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Wenonah, New Jersey
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

Large room, with sitting area and sofa, mini fridge, separate area for bed. Clean room, comfortable beds, good pillows. Walking distance to restaurants, bars, and stadium. Warm cookies in the evenings. Free hot breakfast buffet in the morning, eggs, French toast, cold and hot cereals, fruit, etc. Good value for the price. Would stay here again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank designdane

Opening game for the Pirates is this month which is just next door. The other side of our hotel is Heinz field. Come back for a Football game or concert.