Hyatt Place Pittsburgh-North Shore
SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh North Shore(Pittsburgh)(Great Value!)
US$261
US$163
US$157
US$153
  • Pool
Omni William Penn Hotel(Pittsburgh)(Great Value!)
US$197
US$158
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
US$237
US$208
  • Pool
Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore(Pittsburgh)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$127
US$123
Doubletree.com
1,223 results
All reviewsnorth shoreheinz fieldpnc parkgreat locationpirates gamestage aerivers casinothe hotel parking lotsports fansfree breakfastthe river walkwithin walking distanceacross the streetsleeper sofascience centersitting areacan't beat the location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I showed up early and they let me get an early check in with no hassle at all!

The staff was very helpful and friendly. Rooms and common areas were very clean.

The location is awesome! Right near the river front and the ball parks.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Jody R, General Manager at Hyatt Place Pittsburgh-North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hyatt Place Pittsburgh North Shore and for taking the time to write your review.

We are very happy that your stay was enjoyable and you were able to experience the convenience of our great location.

We greatly appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

I was in town for a business conference and my employer booked a room at the Hyatt. There are plenty of restaurants and bars nearby, although I didn't have much time to enjoy them. The hotel is close to the river and has a great view of Pittsburgh. My room was clean and had everything you would expect for the price. My only complaint is that the breakfast selection was pretty limited, albeit I arrived towards the end of the hours that it was offered.

• Stayed: June 2014
Jody R, General Manager at Hyatt Place Pittsburgh-North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review of your most recent stay at the Hyatt Place Pittsburgh North Shore.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay during your business conference. Come back to our hotel when you have time to explore the city and our great local attractions.

We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Hotel is near AE stage, Heinz Field, Rivers Casino. Darrien on the front desk made my husband and I feel welcome and suggested dinner at the Hyde Park restaurant and several other more moderately priced choices. The hotel has a complimentary shuttle to nearby locations and were prompt and helpful when we used it. Our room faced the interstate and there was some truck traffic that could be distracting if you are a light sleeper. The room was clean and comfortable with a desk/sitting area and bed/bath area. Wi-fi is available. Breakfast was included with basic choices. Enjoyed our visit which was made more satisfactory by the friendly and accommodating staff.

Room Tip: Although our river view room had a beautiful view, I would request a room away from the interstate side of the hotel as they would be quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Jody R, General Manager at Hyatt Place Pittsburgh-North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

We are very happy that your stay was enjoyable and you were able to experience the convenience of our great location along with some of our great local attractions.

We do appreciate your business and hope that you will stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I came into town to see Brand New at Stage AE. I chose Hyatt Place because it was about a block away from the venue and I've had good experiences with this chain in the past and for the most part this time was no different.

Staff was one of the most friendly I've encountered in my travels. Megan at the front desk was incredibly nice and engaging and gave me a great restaurant recommendation for Cafe Milano. The location is great for anything downtown. the room was spacious and comfortable and had plenty of easily accessible outlets. Parking is convenient and the hotel was clean in every area.

However, warning about room 421: Interstate 279 will be about 5ft from the window by the bed. The trucks driving by through the night made it very difficult to get a good nights sleep. Might be the loudest room I've stayed in.

This is honestly the only downside I could think of for this hotel but it's a pretty big one, at least for this visit. I would choose this hotel again next time I'm in town but I would be sure to mention that I'd like a room away from the highway if possible.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Anthony M
Jody R, General Manager at Hyatt Place Pittsburgh-North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

We are very happy that your stay was enjoyable and you were able to experience the convenience of our great location along with a concert at stage AE.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Yuk... nothing worse than checking into a filthy room! I did an immediate inspection upon checking in and found hair in the bathtub and on the bathroom floor, smudges that appeared to be toothpaste on both sides of the bathroom door and on the shower curtain, small bits of trash in various places on the carpeting, and a film of dust everywhere (see photos.) I was grossed out, but the hotel was at capacity and our choices were to stay put or go to a smaller, single-bedded room with no river view. So we opted to stay put and I cleaned the room myself. I did not trust the housekeeping staff, who left the room in that condition, to come in and clean it properly.

Another disturbing fact is that I noticed small white bits of rubbish on the carpeting in the hallway on our floor... and the same exact bits of rubbish remained there for FIVE DAYS! This hotel really lacked cleanliness, in my opinion.

I would also not recommend ordering anything from the Gallery, unless you are willing to wait 2 hours for your food. Oh... and we were assured, upon check-in, that the Gallery would deliver our food to our room if we wanted. That turned out to be untrue.

We had two negative experiences with the Gallery. In the first situation, we ordered two flatbreads and the staff got the order wrong. When I called from our room to inform them of the error, I did not receive an apology. I had a hungry five year old and had to wait an ADDITIONAL 45 minutes for them to complete the order correctly. Oh... and they asked me to bring back he incorrect order (hope they didn’t give it to the next guest!)... and they did not offer any type of compensation for the inconvenience this delay caused us.

The second negative experience with the Gallery occurred approximately a week later. We ordered two flatbreads at 5:45 pm, and were told it would take approximately 30 minutes. They offered to call our room for pickup when the order was ready. An hour later, still no call... so I called them and was informed that our order was almost ready... which, as it turned out, was not the case. I expressed frustration, as I had a starving 5 year old who needed to get to bed for an early next morning. They apologized and made excuses about having “lots of orders”. Did they offer us anything for the inconvenience? Nope. So I would NOT recommend ordering from the Gallery!

The staff at this property was very diverse in terms of level of professionalism and service offered. It was almost as if there were two distinctly different staffs. We appreciated the level of service provided by Patrick, Bryan, Dan, Steve and Megan. They were professional, courteous and guest-oriented, and they provided top-notch service.

We stayed for 10 nights, and this is the worst Hyatt I have ever stayed at. Despite the wonderful service from a few staff members, I cannot give this hotel anything higher than a two-star rating (actually more like 1.5 stars)... because, frankly, cleanliness is important... and so is good, consistent service from ALL staff members.

Room Tip: Queen bedded rooms are larger and some have river view. No king rooms w/ river view, according to front desk.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank koolkat808

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We always appreciate hearing from our guests regarding their experience at our hotel.

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that you had at during your stay at our hotel. I can assure you that the problems that you had were isolated and has been resolved.

We hope you will give us a second chance in the near future.