“Excellent Customized Tour”

Bike the GAP Bicycle Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Bike-the-GAP offers self-guided bike tours of the Great Allegheny Passage, the C&O Canal Towpath, the Katy Trail, and across central Florida. We offer several package lengths from 4-7 days and can also customize trips.
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I had booked a complete bike tour of the Great Allegheny Passage but experienced some knee pain in the month just before. Sara adapted my itinerary in a matter of hours to one that let me cycle a large part of the route and still get in a few free days to rest up. Everything worked like a precision machine including my very welcome pick-up at the Pittsburgh airport. A printed itinerary and weather reports were even waiting for me at the hotel front desk the day before the ride. Absolutely perfect planning and execution.

Reviewed 11 October 2012

My family and I (4 adults, ages 28-62; vegan, vegetarian and other dietary requirements) just returned from a week long cycling trip along the Great Allegheny Passage and truly experienced the trip of a lifetime! Thanks to Sara Petyk and company at Your Active City, we enjoyed a perfectly orchestrated, interesting itinerary with luxurious accommodations and gourmet dining included! Sara knows the area, vendors and services very well and did an outstanding job of matching our interests, endurance and dietary needs all along the trail. In addition to biking through scenery that left us breathless with its beauty, we enjoyed side trips to Sand Hill Berries (farm and winery), Fallingwater and a hydroponic greenhouse - and enjoyed luxury services like the in-room massages provided after a particularly grueling ride day. The beauty of Sara's planning is that it is intended to match your needs/desires - so every trip is customized. This one worked perfectly for all of us, having something for everyone - an amazing accomplishment! Thank you, Sara. See you next time!

2  Thank roadwarrior54
Reviewed 21 September 2012

Sara at Your Active City organized and coordinated a fantastic trip on the Great Allegheny Passage for my wife and me. Sara took care of plotting a detailed trip itinerary, all logistical details and reservations, gave great recommendations, and even served as a tour guide for the first part of our trip. We enjoyed a wonderful four day bike trip from Pittsburgh to Cumberland, MD and because of Sara's help the only thing we had to worry about was pedalng. For two busy professionals who love to get outdoors but don't have a lot of time to plan, Sara's assistance was invaluable and we highly recommend working with Your Active City.

1  Thank steamin89
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Solo biker from Pitts to DC, 8 days, Sara set it all up (hotels, lots of dinners & breakfasts, restaurant, even 1 way rental bike), twas great! Hotels/B&Bs great with local flavor, restaurants great, great meals! At every stop, would mention Sara's name, and receive great treatment! Would do it again, and recommend Sara highly!

Reviewed 17 August 2012

Having Sara Petyk help in planning our first Gap trip was invaluable. Her advice, recommendations and personal tour of the Pittsburg area were superb . We rode from Pittsburg to Cumberland with grandsons and a couple of 'green' riders. This meant a lot of coordination as we had to meet up between bikes and the car. Her recommendations for lodging, food, maps and activities meant it all came together seamlessly. Rafting in the Ohiopyle, visiting the Falling Water home, and staying in the Levi-Deal Mansion were highlights of the trip. If we didn't have Sara's expert guidance I'm sure it wouldn't have been as enjoyable or 'easy'. We're ready to do it again - to see the autumn colors! Great trail, great scenery, great memories. Thanks Sara!