“Best Customer Service I've ever Seen”
Review of Ciao! 2 An Italian Cafe - CLOSED

Ciao! 2 An Italian Cafe
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Campbells Run Road
Description: Ciao 2!'s is now the fourth generation of a traditional Italian trattoria! We are a special combination of style and substance, a restaurant known for its craft beers, boutique wines, and classic Italian cuisine! Chef Sabrina, a native Pittsburger, carefully sources local produce and food stuffs whenever possible. Our chef has created brunch, lunch, and dinner menus as delicious tributes to the classic trattoria fashion! This being Pittsburgh, it is only reasonable that Ciao2! pays loving attention the liquid side of things. Signature cocktails such as the Tuscan Sour and the Lemoncello martini, are served along side classics like the Ciao2! Manhattan and the Aviation. Several beers are on tap and Nick has created a varied and unique wine list! Ciao2! An Italian Cafe', a salute to classical regional Italian cuisine!
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Best Customer Service I've ever Seen”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I was looking for a place to grab a quick meal and saw this place. It is one of those places that doesn't fit in with the surrounding places. The outside looks like the rest of the buildings but the inside it looks a nice little diner. The waiter (he might have been the owner as well, I can' remember if he was or not) was amazing. He made sure that we knew the specials, answered questions about different entries, and very polite. The food was really good , a little pricey but worth it.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Wes S

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Really nice atmospere, a tad pricey”
Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

Good food but really pricey. Waiter was cordial, tried to upsell at every turn. Two people with 3 cocktails, no appetizers, $100 plus tip.

• Visited July 2013
“This place is great!”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I really enjoy Italian food on a regular basis. I have been here MANY times and I know exactly what to expect each and every time. Granted, you pay more dining here than at Olive Garden, but take it from a Chef - IT'S WORTH IT! Nick is a great guy! I read a review saying he was "Rude" That is ridiculous. When I walk in, he knows me by name and shakes my hand and makes my experience all the better. He is VERY knowledgeable about all of the wines and is great at pairing with your entrée .Take it from me, try Ciao 2 and tell them Chef Justin sent you. I promise you will not meet a more gracious host.

• Visited May 2013
Coraopolis, Pennsylvania
“Best kept secret”
Reviewed 16 June 2013 via mobile

This place just oozes Italian. From the white table cloths to the old family pictures to the overall decor. I had lunch and it was fantastic. The best was we were served by the owner who took great pride in explaining in detail all of the specials. What I enjoyed was his suggestions for sides with your main dish. I will be coming back many times

• Visited June 2013
goldiepittsburgh
“Could be better”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This place could be really good with some minor changes. First the menu does not have enough "red sauce" items to choose from. Second, too many of the dishes contain cheese. It would also be nice to see a whole wheat pasta on the menu.

The service was very slow when I was there because someone called off. They kept seating people instead of closing off a section and the servers that were there were spread too thin.

My server was a school teacher that worked at the restaurant part time and she was wonderful. She did the best she could under the circumstances.

• Visited May 2013