“Amazing Food and Service”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh-Green Tree
Ranked #23 of 74 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Just had the best meal I have had in a long time. The bartender who was amazing recommened the Prime Rib with mixed vegtables a an Arcadian Salad aka The Super Salad. Absolutly exceded my expectations. The service was awesome. Well priced and I can not wait to order it again my compliments to the chef and the bartender you had me at Super Salad.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Stephanie M, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh-Green Tree, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Stephen,

I will be sure to pass on your compliments to our chef and our bartenders. We strive to create EXCELLENT experiences and I'm glad our SUPER SALAD is something you will return for! We look forward to seeing you in the future.

stephanie.masullo@camhosp.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,199)

Reviewed 14 April 2014

We had a very late reservation request and the DoubleTree was very receptive and helpful. The amenities were perfect for my family from the room, pool and the restaurant. The hotel location was a short drive into downtown on a scenic route with a great view of the Three Rivers and the city Skyline. If we are ever in the Pittsburgh area again, I will definitely request another stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor and for your kind words. We hope that your travels bring you back to us in the future.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Spent a night with my friend for our road trip. We arrived the hotel at mid-night due to long drive. Check in was very easy and they offered warm chocolate cookies which is so great at the moment after long drive. Room is very clean and neat. Everything you need are all prepared. Staffs are nice. The only thing I think the hotel should provide/include is free WiFi access instead of charging. WiFi is so common now for most people, especially for young generations, we got so many devices that connect to WiFi. I don't understand why those cheaper hotels provide WiFi for free but all these slightly higher level hotels all make it as a charged service. That's the only drawback for all Hilton hotels.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank Eric Tianyi C
Stephanie M, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh-Green Tree, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor. We strive to provide EXCELLENT service and to be your first choice of hotels in Pittsburgh. Should your travels bring you through or to Pittsburgh in the future, we hope to have the chance to serve you again.

Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Doubletree the night of March 29. The renovations of the hotel are beautiful. The rooms are top of the line. The bathrooms are well lit and the perfect size. I really liked the towel shelves with the extra room to place your items. The restaurant and lounge were a nice added amenity.

I will definitely be staying at the Doubletree Greentree on my next stay to Pittsburgh.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Stephanie M, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh-Green Tree, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor! We appreciate your great comments and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Stayed here 3 nights as part of our visit to Pittsburgh for a hockey tournament.

This is an older property that has been recently renovated, with some renovations still going on (based on construction material in stairwell).

The hotel itself is quite large, with 3 separate, but short towers, we were in tower 3, floor 12 (floor 2 in reality). A fair walk down to the lobby, something to keep in mind if that's an issue for you. Lobby looks new, warm cookies, drinks and fresh fruit greet you. A restaurant with quite good food at descent prices. There is also a small coffee shop that sells a variety of stuff including individual beers. Very large parking area as well (more on that to come).

The room we had was renovated and the beds were quite comfortable. The room was not overly large but a descent enough size. The bathroom was however small, hardly enough room to change in there after showering. Only issue with the room itself was the heating/cooling units were noisy. I almost called maintenance to come look at ours until several families on our team also mentioned theirs were noisy as well.

One item of note. There are no restaurants within walking distance of this hotel, other than the restaurant in the hotel itself, hotel is kind of tucked in among a combination of commercial buildings and some residential housing. If you have limited transportation, keep this in mind. The hotel does have shuttles but I do not know if they could be used to go to shopping or to restaurants.

However there were some other issues.

One thing I was not pleased with was on the Saturday night of our stay, there was a MMA fight being held at the Sportsplex located up the hill behind the hotel. The hotel parking lot is used for parking for this facility. So when we arrived back at the hotel after a late game, there was no parking despite there being a huge parking lot. I had to park in a lane way and then go move my car about 11:30pm. Others had to park at the far reaches of the lot, which I would estimate to be up to a 100 yards from the hotel, a couple had to park off property and move their car later. I'm sure the hotel received several complaints about this.

Lastly the most interesting item of our stay was on the Saturday night of our stay there was a Swingers club hosting an event in the hotel 5 floors above us. I'll give the hotel the benefit of the doubt that they did not know this was taking place. Would not have even known it was going on except for there were quite a few participants walking the hotel in very revealing outfits and one of our parents wandered up to the floor to see what was going on. Nothing illegal or anything, but it did not please many of the families with kids in the hotel. I know the hotel received many complaints about this. Made for an interesting night, lol.

Wish I could do 1/2 marks on the ratings because I would give this hotel 3.5 out of 5 (gave it a 3). I would stay here again, however because of location to other amenities and parking being used by the Sportsplex I would look to see what else was available first.

Room Tip: Ask questions about where your room will be, it's a large hotel and there can be a long walk to...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Dancing_DadStrathroy

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We value feedback as it guides us in creating EXCELLENT experiences for each and every one of our guests. We take this feedback very seriously and appreciate your kind comments. Thank you for bringing to our attention specific details regarding your stay that we will use to make other experiences more rewarding in the future. We truly hope that you will consider us if your travels bring you back to Pittsburgh.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

The hotel from the exterior appears older but the inside is in very good shape. Room had everything I expected. Fridge, coffee, internet. I was most impressed by the gym. Very clean. 5 or 6 treadmills and 5 or 6 elipticals. Two very nice sets of free weights in two separate areas with two weight benches. The gym also had a smith machine and nice group of pre core machines. Free parking also. A minute or two on the south side of the tunnels. At rush hour you need time to get through them.

Room Tip: I would recommend rooms at the north end of the 14 th floor. If you park in the upper lot on the no...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Stephanie M, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh-Green Tree, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor. We are glad that you enjoyed our health club and the rest of the renovations. Come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 25 March 2014

This location was a great experience from beginning to end. We were greeted by a friendly staff at check in . They were very helpful in answering our questions and helping us get settled in. The restuarants were decent and as was the pool and gym. I think we have found a new base for when we visit Pittsburgh.

Room Tip: 5th floor rooms have good parking with very little walking.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jloeffe
Stephanie M, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh-Green Tree, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

We are very excited to hear that you have found a new "home" while away from home in Pittsburgh! We look forward to warmly welcoming you back each and everytime and will ensure we create EXCELLENT experiences for you.