DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh-Green Tree
Ranked #24 of 71 Hotels in Pittsburgh
North Charleston, United States
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Awesome hotel located near the airport and downtown Pittsburgh. It has excellent accommodations and a very friendly staff. The pool and hot-tub were awesome as well. I used the gym daily while there and there is plenty to choose from including stair climbers, treadmills and free-weights. I did not get a rental car during my stay so I ate in the restaurant or had room-service. Both were excellent and priced reasonably.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Stephanie M, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh-Green Tree, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Stephen,

Thank you for sharing such EXCELLENT feedback on Trip Advisor! I will be sure to compliment my team on a job well done. Come back and see us again soon!

Warmest Regards,

stephanie.masullo@camhosp.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Amherst NH
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The Green Tree area has less traffic nightmares, though it is still busy. This particular hotel has easy access to the highway and several decent restaurants nearby. It is definitely not a major shopping or recreation district, but much closer to the airport than downtown locations and keeps you away from all the tunnels and commuting mess. It was a typical Double Tree; adequate for the business traveler.

Room Tip: in the back and away from the conference area.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
David,

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

If you wake up in pain, ask the front desk to check to see if the Sleep Number bed has air. It took night 3 for them to fix it and still...pain. In addition, the rooms are tiny! I would suggest the Hampton Inn which is across the street. You even get free breakfast and it is slightly cheaper. There the staff is friendly. I don't know what happened but, I was very disappointed with this Double Tree. The staff claimed that all the rooms were the same size but, it just can't be possible! The breakfast buffet which is not free, was very good.

2 Thank josephc795
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our guest rooms. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Shaker Hts, United States
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Great location. Midway between the Pittsburgh Airport and downtown. Long hours on restaurant & Bar. Open air business center looking into lobby. Great place to use yours or their computer and charge up electronic devises. Very business friendly!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Stephanie M, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh-Green Tree, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Michael,

Thank you for taking your time to post a review on Trip Advisor! We value our guests' feedback. I am thrilled that your stay with us was comfortable and enjoyable. We hope to see you again in the future.

berea, United States
Reviewed 20 July 2014

always inviting at the front desk. rooms are clean and comfortable. The only problem is the coffee shop downstairs. I stopped to get a coffee and pastry on the way out but I was completely ignored by the counter lady. I left hungry thirsty and dissapointed.

Matt,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. I will be sure to share your comments with my team and also address your concern with the Food and Beverage Department. We want every guest to leave here having had an EXCELLENT experience. Overall, I am glad to hear your stay was comfortable.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

I was just staying one night and wanted to be in the city. The location is okay but a good walk from most things.

The room was okay. It was clean first and foremost. Oddly laid out and the bathroom was ridiculous. Teeny tiny. And not as modern as the rest of the room. The ceiling had water damage.

I think for the cost it is probably overrated.

However, ending on a positive, the staff was very friendly and helpful.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Barnsey9999
Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. The foundation of our Brand Promise is to provide EXCELLENT service to our guests and I am glad to hear that our team was friendly and helpful. We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I really wanted to like this hotel. The pool/spa area was okay, the on-site restaurant was okay, parking was ample, etc. The one thing that completely turned me off from this hotel was my experience when I was getting ready for bed. The beds are made with white sheets and duvets. There is also a narrow yellow strip of cloth they put at the foot of the bed (presumably to keep your shoes off the duvet if you lay down with your shoes on during the day). When I pulled off this cloth, there were numerous short, black hairs left on the duvet. Yuck! This was the case on both double beds. In addition, there were brownish stains on one of the duvets. What was going on in this room when no one was watching??

On the plus side, housekeeping did show up quickly when I phoned to complain at 9:30 PM. But I really think the manager should have personally apologized for such a flagrant lack of basic cleanliness.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand that you encountered an opportunity with the cleanliness of your guest room, I sincerely apologize for this. This is one of the areas that we are very vigilant in to ensure comfort and satisfaction for our guests. I'm so sorry that we were unable to meet expectations and based upon your review I am actively participating with our housekeeping staff to ensure this does not happen again. I hope that if you travels bring you back to the area that you will consider staying with us again. Thank you again, I appreciate your honest feedback.