“Mildew A/C Unit almost killed me...”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh-Green Tree
Ranked #24 of 68 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Traverse City, United States
“Mildew A/C Unit almost killed me...”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The room and hotel were fine. The mildew smell the spewed out of the a/c unit was so terrible it set off an immediate allergy attack... I did not say anything to the staff because of the hassle of moving since I was only sleeping there. My own fault, but I should have. It was bad...

1 Thank Daniel R
Stephanie M, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh-Green Tree, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Daniel,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We value our guests' feedback. I am disappointed to hear of your experience with us as we strive to create EXCELLENT experiences for each and every one of our guests. I am sharing your comments with my Engineering team so that we can look in to this and make sure it is addressed. We hope that we have the opportunity to serve you in the future. Please contact me directly should you travels bring you back to Pittsburgh.

stephanie.masullo@camhosp.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Hotel provided everything that was asked in a kind and courteous manner. great bed and fantastic pillows provided a very comfortable stay for 4 nights. They could have used more help in the small cafeteria beside the main dining hall. Overall I would recommend this hotel just because of the new ownership that wants to make it what it was and it will be for sure. Thanx Pitt for a great weekend.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Ted,

Thank you for the great review you posted on Trip Advisor! We hope to see you again in the future. Have an EXCELLENT weekend.

North Charleston, United States
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Awesome hotel located near the airport and downtown Pittsburgh. It has excellent accommodations and a very friendly staff. The pool and hot-tub were awesome as well. I used the gym daily while there and there is plenty to choose from including stair climbers, treadmills and free-weights. I did not get a rental car during my stay so I ate in the restaurant or had room-service. Both were excellent and priced reasonably.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Stephanie M, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh-Green Tree, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Stephen,

Thank you for sharing such EXCELLENT feedback on Trip Advisor! I will be sure to compliment my team on a job well done. Come back and see us again soon!

Warmest Regards,

Amherst NH
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The Green Tree area has less traffic nightmares, though it is still busy. This particular hotel has easy access to the highway and several decent restaurants nearby. It is definitely not a major shopping or recreation district, but much closer to the airport than downtown locations and keeps you away from all the tunnels and commuting mess. It was a typical Double Tree; adequate for the business traveler.

Room Tip: in the back and away from the conference area.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
David,

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

If you wake up in pain, ask the front desk to check to see if the Sleep Number bed has air. It took night 3 for them to fix it and still...pain. In addition, the rooms are tiny! I would suggest the Hampton Inn which is across the street. You even get free breakfast and it is slightly cheaper. There the staff is friendly. I don't know what happened but, I was very disappointed with this Double Tree. The staff claimed that all the rooms were the same size but, it just can't be possible! The breakfast buffet which is not free, was very good.

2 Thank josephc795
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our guest rooms. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Shaker Hts, United States
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Great location. Midway between the Pittsburgh Airport and downtown. Long hours on restaurant & Bar. Open air business center looking into lobby. Great place to use yours or their computer and charge up electronic devises. Very business friendly!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Stephanie M, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh-Green Tree, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Michael,

Thank you for taking your time to post a review on Trip Advisor! We value our guests' feedback. I am thrilled that your stay with us was comfortable and enjoyable. We hope to see you again in the future.

berea, United States
Reviewed 20 July 2014

always inviting at the front desk. rooms are clean and comfortable. The only problem is the coffee shop downstairs. I stopped to get a coffee and pastry on the way out but I was completely ignored by the counter lady. I left hungry thirsty and dissapointed.

Matt,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. I will be sure to share your comments with my team and also address your concern with the Food and Beverage Department. We want every guest to leave here having had an EXCELLENT experience. Overall, I am glad to hear your stay was comfortable.