“Family trip to Jason Aldean!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh-Green Tree
Ranked #24 of 73 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Getting to the hotel is a little tricky....thats the only thing negative about our stay! The hotel is beautiful, room was exceptionally clean, our 9 year old loved the indoor/outdoor pool and the free "welcome cookies". The hotel is surprisingly close to everythig! We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tiffany F
Stephanie M, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh-Green Tree, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We strive to create EXCELLENT experiences and hope you will allow us an opportunity to serve you in the future.

stephanie.masullo@camhosp.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,188)

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

The main problem here was the room. There were patches of sticky carpet, a musty smell when we turned the aircon off and a very uncomfortable super soft bed. The pool was busy, but that is to be expected in a hotel this size. The food in the bar was fine - not great, but it didn't expect it to be. There was certainly more than enough for the prices. I was disappointed with our server. She was clearly not interested in this job - I guess they don't rely on repeat customers. Overall I would stay there again in a push, but I will try somewhere else next time!

Stayed: July 2014
Stephanie M, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh-Green Tree, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you for the review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service. I have addressed these issues with our staff. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience a hopefully improved level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel because of its proximity to a wedding we were going to and then stayed a couple days to explore Pittsburgh. The hotel itself was adequate for what we were looking for- the beds were nice and the room and bathroom were clean. The pool and gym facilities looked nice although we didn't take advantage of them. What was not enjoyable was the location- there is nothing within walking distance from the hotel and we hadn't rented a car. The front desk told us that it was possible that the hotel shuttle could drop us off if it wasn't making airport runs but that coming back we should catch a cab. The cab service in Pittsburgh is terrible and we waited over two hours before finding transit back to the hotel. If you're going to stay at this hotel you need a car.

Room Tip: The floor numbering system is weird- we were on the 17th floor in one of the towers which was actual...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you and your friends encountered during your time with us. We appreciate your comments and we will do everything possible to ensure that we make the necessary corrections.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Check in was smooth. Room was excellant although farthest away from the conference/ball rooms that were at the opposite end. Room service was great. Buffalo chicken wrap was very good. Bar service was very good. Overall stay was excellant.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Stephanie M, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh-Green Tree, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Warren,

Thank you for the EXCELLENT review! We hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 27 July 2014

The staff at this hotel is pleasant and helpful, and that's the nicest part of my review.

My room was mostly adequate. I stayed n a Hilton Honors room, which was clean but somewhat dated. The bed, however, was terrible. When I sat on my side of the king sized mattress, I sank pretty much to the frame. On my wife's side, the mattress was extremely firm. After inspecting the bed, I realized that this was at one time a sleep number bed, but that it was modified to prevent adjustment. What's up with that???

I called the front desk, waited a while, then left for the bar when nobody showed. Apparently somebody arrived later, because the mattress was fully inflated when I returned. And I'm sorry that it was, because when I got out of bed in the morning, my back was totally wrecked.

Everything else was pretty much what you'd expect at a Doubletree, nothing outstanding. But because of the ridiculous bed, I can't recommend this hotel, and if don't think I will return.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Steve G

Thank you for your comments. We are so sorry for all of the inconveniences you encountered during your time with us. We've addressed these concerns with our staff and the necessary adjustments will be made. Again, we apologize for the issues and we hope to have another chance to serve you soon.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I stayed here on a business trip for two nights. The hotel is very clean and the staff courteous and helpful. I did have dinner in the restaraunt one night and had a good meal with some wine. Prices were as expects and food was good quality. They have a fantastic excercise room with many machines and plenty of room to workout. Further, then have prepared jogging routes for the outside area ranging from beginner to intermediate. The intermediate route is 1 mile and covers some challenging hills. A few laps around and I was toast. The beds were a little less than I would have liked, but still adequate. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Stephanie M, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh-Green Tree, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Thank you for your post on Trip Advisor as well as your recommendation. That is the greatest compliment we can receive. We strive to create EXCELLENT experiences and look forward to have an opportunity to serve you in the future.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 25 July 2014

The room and hotel were fine. The mildew smell the spewed out of the a/c unit was so terrible it set off an immediate allergy attack... I did not say anything to the staff because of the hassle of moving since I was only sleeping there. My own fault, but I should have. It was bad...

1  Thank Daniel R

Daniel,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We value our guests' feedback. I am disappointed to hear of your experience with us as we strive to create EXCELLENT experiences for each and every one of our guests. I am sharing your comments with my Engineering team so that we can look in to this and make sure it is addressed. We hope that we have the opportunity to serve you in the future. Please contact me directly should you travels bring you back to Pittsburgh.