Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Airport
Ranked #41 of 70 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Brockway, Pennsylvania
“Nice Change”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

On this trip to Pittsburgh my usual accommadations were booked so I had to look into an alternative. At time this hotel was the Country Inn and Suites which I had stayed at previously so I knew a little of what to expect. At my time of stay this hotel is under renovations and I had the pleasure of staying in one of their renovated rooms. I was pleasantly surprised with the new decor and upgraded feel of the room.

I stayed at this hotel for two nights and with the location being so close to some of the best shopping and restaurants I was pleased with my stay. The housekeeper (Shirley) was great as well. I had the pleasure of meeting the GM (Ralph) who was just a dear and so warm and helpful as well. He is definately a gem to this hotel. My overall experience at this hotel was nice.

My only real complaint was the internet connection. I was on the first floor and had trouble connecting my IPad to their WiFi. I called the number listed for assistance and was very troubled with the gentlemen that answered. Not helpful or pleasant.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank MaSnBR1
Shawn E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor review for our hotel. We appreciate the comments that you had on our hotel. I will pass along the positive comments to Shirley and Ralph. I apologize for the trouble with the internet commection. We are currently under renovation and the internet connections is something that will be improved on when it is complete. We hope that you choose our hotel as your preferred choice when you come to Pittsburgh in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 23 April 2014

They are currently remodeling so 1/2 the hotel was closed. Really happy they are remodeling. I don't like their breakfast. They don't have anything really good except for coffee. The suites are very roomy.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor review for our hotel. We appreciate the positive comments that you provided and i will personaly pass them along to our team. I apoligize that the breakfast was not to your satisfaction. We are looking forward to our renovations being complete by the holidays later on this year and know that the product will be amazing. We hope to see you again soon!
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 April 2014

My wife and I stayed here for one night while in the area, redeeming our rewards points for a free night. The staff was very courteous and friendly. breakfast was delicious. the hotel is under renovation, but they have sealed off the portion that they are working on. last week we were in a hotel that had remodeling going on everywhere, so I very much appreciated that they kept guests separate from the work areas. They gave us a goody bag when we checked in and they left ear plugs in our room for us, very thoughtful. eager to see what it looks like after remodeling. the hotel is dated a bit but not in dire need of an update.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
RED616, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear John H;

Thank you for the great review. I will pass your comments along to the entire staff. You are correct about the update, it is going on now and will be completed by September. We really hpe to see you back here soon.

Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I had a business trip to Pittsburgh and needed somewhere to stay that was both near the airport and also near my office, both on the east side of Pittsburgh. The people at the office gave me several suggestions, but they were full and I was able to get a room at this HIX. When I arrived at the airport, I called for the shuttle and it was there in less than 10 minutes.Check in was quick and easy.My room was nice and comfortable.
The next morning I knew they had breakfast, but expected something more along the lines of the typical continental breakfast, but was pleased to find Hot and fresh eggs, sausage, pancakes and even biscuits and gravy. All along with a cheery good morning from a lady I called Anita Bryant since she kept trying to get everyone some orange juice! It was great! After breakfast, the shuttle took me to my office and dropped me off just in time! This went on for my full 4 day stay. I mentioned to the sweet desk clerk one night that I was bored, and she proceeded to try and fill me in on places I should go and telling me the shuttle would be more than happy to take me there! I could go on, but overall, I found the staff ALL to be friendly and courteous, the accommodations to be fine, the TV worked well with good cable and the internet worked well. Everything I needed! I understand they are about to receive a upgrade/makeover that will be completed by November 2014. No doubt my next stay will be the same place! Thanks to everyone there for the hospitality!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank John H
John H;

Thank you for your comments. We hope to see you back here many times. It is comments like yours that "make our day".

Pasadena, Maryland
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I accompanied my husband on a business trip and we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express near the Pittsburgh Airport. The rooms aren't anything fancy, but they are very clean and comfortable.

Breakfast was good; plenty of seating and a nice variety of foods at the buffet. The hot cinnamon rolls just out of the oven and a cut of excellent helped to get the day off to a good start.

My favorite part of the stay, though, was meeting Judi, the woman working at the breakfast buffet that morning. She was so friendly and willing to go out of her way to make sure everyone enjoyed their breakfasts. Such a great representative for the hotel; the Holiday Inn Express is lucky to have her working for them!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Tracy A
Dear Tracy A;

Your comments were a joy to read. It is comments like these that make us realize that all the training we go through is working. I will pass your comments along to Judy and the rest of the staff and hope to see you back here soon. As for the rooms, I am excited to tell you the Hotel is under a renovation and every guestroom will be done. Please do not let that scare you off. The parts of the Hotel that are under renovation are sealed off from the guests.

Akron
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night during a weekend getaway. The plus for the Holiday Inn Express & Hotel Pittsburgh Airport is its location. Seemed the other reviews are true in which the hotel is very average and does need to be updated badly. The rate seemed a little high for the room and its condition. Breakfast was included which was your typical Holiday Inn Express breakfast food. I guess for one night it was OK, but not likely to go back to the hotel at the price I got or until it is remodeled (updated).

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
redavis616, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank You for taking the time to write a review. We are excited about our scheduled renovations and we hope you will return.

Thanks Again
Cindy F
Manager
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I stayed for a night early fall at this hotel. I checked in at around 11:00 pm as I took a late evening flight into pittsburgh. I was driving out east the following day and left at around 6 am the next morning.

Location: It is right outside the Robinson mall and is fairly close to the airport which is around 10 mins drive in the car.

Check-in. The check in was quick and felt very welcome with the way the person at the front desk greeted on arrival. Even though it was a bit late in the night, the features of the hotels were explained in some detail.

Room. Fairly standard room and the beds were in a reasonable shape. The Internet access through wifi was complementary and I could get some work done in the short time I was at the hotel. The bath was clean and was adequate too.

Other facilities. I did not sample the break fast and neither did I use any other facilities at the hotel. Parking was ample. The hotel does look slightly worn and seems to be scheduled for some renovations.

Summary: I paid just north of $100 per night and that seemed a tad high for this property.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
redavis616, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear bramgopal;

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Pittsburgh Airport. We appreciate your comments and are excited to advise you that the Hotel will be undergoing renovations in the near future. We hope you will come back and stay with us.

Director of Sales
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsburgh
Coraopolis
Candlewood Suites - Pittsburgh Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Airport? Share your experiences!