“Sunday Delight!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Today after an early church service my wife Phyllis and I decided to go up to Mt Washington and hang out. While taking pictures on one of the observation decks. One person took a picture of us and we took one of them. You know thats what you do. One very nice lady suggested J & J's on Shiloh Street when I mentioned brunch. A few minutes later we found ourselves at Virginia & Shiloh Street.

What a fun time. Breakfast all day long. Once seated that is what I focused on. Eggs, toast, potatoes, sausage, bacon, ham, coffee. Great food, friendly atmosphere.

You must check it out!

2  Thank itsyourbiz
There are newer reviews for J & J's Family Restaurant

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Our friends took us out to breakfast on our last visit. J&J's had a small town kitchen meets big city dinner. The staff was extremely friendly and welcoming. I had the sausage and cheese omelet. It was large and stuffed full of cheese and the most flavorful sausage I had ever eaten. The coffee and home fries were a bit on the weak/bland side but the flavor of sausage more than made up for it. If you you want a heart country style cooked meal that's fairly priced, this is your place!

1  Thank MollysPoints
Reviewed 1 April 2014

visiting pgh for the pirate opener we stopped on mount washington for we were told about the view..what we were not told about was the wonderful food at J & J restaurant! this is a family restaurant you can feel it and even on the chalkboard it says "there are no strangers here only friends we haven't met yet" and i have to tell you they treated us like family,,,( and between you and me we are from chicago we root for the cubs)! restaurant is very clean and servers were very friendly but that is the general opinion of pittsburghers FRIENDLY. oh don't let me forget about the food there were 6 in our party and we all had something different and everything was great you can order anything you want from the menu breakfast and lunch are served all day. that is a real plus when you are traveling with a group to find a place so accommodating. to my surprise they even take american express!
so cudos to pittsburgh for a truly beautiful city and wonderful eateries!

2  Thank shelly t
Reviewed 19 October 2013

This restaurant is very clean, staff is very friendly and the food if fabulous! The portions are very generous and food is made fresh!
This place is definitely worth the short hike, you will not be disappointed.
They only accept cash, so be prepared.
Excellent value!

4  Thank CloudPurpose
Reviewed 2 August 2013

This is a family restaurant in every sense. There's no alcohol so it's kid-friendly. It's family-owned. And they treat you like family. Pittsburghers are famously friendly and the staff here are the paradigm example. The neighborhood is scenic. But there is no view from J and J of the Point from Mount Washington as is boasted by the expensive eateries in the neighborhood. You won't be able to take your eyes off the food except to eyeball the other diners anyway. This is where the locals have brunch on Sunday morning. But out-of-towners like me get the family treatment just as if we were regulars. My brother had the Pittsburgh Burger which is a big burger with cole slaw on the patty. [That's how they like it in Pittsburgh.] It came with fries. I had the patty melt which was large and delicious. The tab with drinks and tip was twenty dollars for the two of us. We ordered the lightest meals on the menu. The couple at the next table had pancakes and strawberries and whipt cream. Their portions were so large that they wouldn't fit on the little, two person table they had. They scarcely made a dent in what they were served. After they left the table groaned and a plate fell off the crowded table to the floor and smashed there was so much food there. [They like big servings in Pittsburgh.] This is just the kind of place I like. No pretentiousness or dress code or inflated prices. Real food and real people. Try it.

2  Thank Louis Mark L