Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
  • Pool
1,649 results
All reviewspnc parkacross the streetgrand staircasethe roberto clemente bridgeallegheny rivercultural districtbeautiful hotelcorner roomhigh ceilingsheinz hallclub levelthe concierge loungegreat view of the riverhistoric buildingbaseball stadiumbeautiful lobbywalking distance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Me and my fiance stayed at this hotel for one night while we were in town for a wedding. The hotel is nice. The only complaint that I had was the room was tiny, which isn't a big deal if you don't spend much time in the room.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2013

My family and I had an awesome stay at this hotel. The front desk was very nice and the room was spotless. When we were checking out we encountered Brendon who helped my wife and kids with their bags and was so friendly. He went out of the way to end our trip on a great note.

we would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We were recently in town for just one night, and this was a great find. Don't worry about valet service, I parked right across the street in a city parking garage for $5! The area is bustling and nice, and at no point did we feel unsafe walking around at night. Lots of cool bars and theaters to choose from within walking distance. The rooms themselves are gorgeous, and the staff was very helpful and friendly. When I was confused about a restaurant we'd made reservations for, the doorman talked me out of getting a costly cab and explained exactly where it was by walking. Would definitely stay here again if I was going to a ball game too, seeing as the Pirate's stadium is right over the bridge. Only complaint is that the view from our room was that of a neighboring building's wall.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I wanted to stay downtown and saw the reviews here on Trip Advisor and got a good deal online to go here.

I had a big room with a view of the river and baseball stadium.

The room really lacked power outlets, but this is an old building which has probably been renovated countless times, but there's not a lot you can do to add electrical. I even found one of the lamps unplugged, no doubt because a previous visitor wanted to charge his phone at his bedside.

The biggest issue I faced was the loud banging of doors. Because of the way the room is configured, you walk right into the room, instead of going down a hallway. So the bed was right next to the outside wall of the hallway and whenever anyone left their room their door would slam shut and I'd hear it. I suppose they'd hear my door slamming shut too!

I tried room service and that was pretty prompt but pricey.

The lobby had some historic touches, but it was kind of dark and dreary for me. Again, I don't know how they can fix that and it's probably something most folks wouldn't worry about anyway.

I would NOT pay 250 or 300 for this hotel so make sure you check online and get some sort of discount.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

This is a nice hotel. The rooms are comfortable and clean. I especially appreciate the quality of the beds, which are much better than most hotels. Service is friendly and welcoming. The on site restaurant turns out good food for room service or sit down dining. Some of the rooms have good views over the river.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business