“Must have been at the wrong hotel?”

Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel
Ranked #15 of 74 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

After reading the recent Trip Advisor reviews for this hotel, we concluded that its THE place to stay in Pittsburgh. Well the location is great and the front desk staff were friendly and helpful but that is the last of good things I have to say. The doorman was clueless as to luggage and valet service. The rooms are very small and not well laid out or decorated. And every time a door opens and closes anywhere on your floor, you hear it....along with everything that is said in the hallway. Did I mention that the bar is cold and drafty and the bartender was clueless. We love the Marriott chain of hotels and find most Renaissance near the best. Not this one!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,595)

Reviewed 25 November 2013

This hotel is great! We stayed 3 nights for pleasure. As a Gold member they took care of us in excellent fashion, but would have done the same if you came in as a non member. Very pleasant staff and helpful too. It was a hard hotel to find even though we had a GPS to guide us. The streets in the area are very confusing for first time travelers to the city. Would recommend valet parking as the parking situation in the area is not good. Valet is wort the $30 a day cost to your room.

Room Tip: bring your own pillows!!!
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel is great. I stayed one night on business. I am a Gold member and received an upgrade for a large spacious room over looking the river and PNC park - wonderful view. The room was immaculate with great decor and updated bathroom. Bed was very comfortable and had restful sleep. Morning room service was on time and delicious. Staff were friendly and courteous. Lobby area was fantastic. I will stay again!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 November 2013

If you are looking for the best in customer service, look no further than the Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel. My wife and I stayed at the hotel this past weekend and were treated to a wonderful experience. From the time we were greeted by the valet to the time our car was delivered to us at the end of our stay, everything was top notch. The room was spotless and well appointed with any amenity needed. The staff was friendly and seemed to want to do anything to help. We met a new employee on his first day of work. I assume his job was to hold the front door open and greet everyone. He could have just propped the door, but no, he held it open for everyone and had a nice thing to say to all. The breakfast buffet was the best, fresh fruit, blintzes (my fav) made to order omelets and waffles and courteous wait staff.

I could go on for a long time. To sum it up, sometimes hotels charge a higher rate and don't deliver. The Renaissance Pittsburgh delivered to goods.

Great staff, clean rooms, great food, superior service. Say no more!

1  Thank Cohen94
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Me and my fiance stayed at this hotel for one night while we were in town for a wedding. The hotel is nice. The only complaint that I had was the room was tiny, which isn't a big deal if you don't spend much time in the room.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2013

My family and I had an awesome stay at this hotel. The front desk was very nice and the room was spotless. When we were checking out we encountered Brendon who helped my wife and kids with their bags and was so friendly. He went out of the way to end our trip on a great note.

we would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We were recently in town for just one night, and this was a great find. Don't worry about valet service, I parked right across the street in a city parking garage for $5! The area is bustling and nice, and at no point did we feel unsafe walking around at night. Lots of cool bars and theaters to choose from within walking distance. The rooms themselves are gorgeous, and the staff was very helpful and friendly. When I was confused about a restaurant we'd made reservations for, the doorman talked me out of getting a costly cab and explained exactly where it was by walking. Would definitely stay here again if I was going to a ball game too, seeing as the Pirate's stadium is right over the bridge. Only complaint is that the view from our room was that of a neighboring building's wall.