“25th wedding anniversary get away”

Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel
Ranked #13 of 70 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“25th wedding anniversary get away”
Reviewed 19 December 2013

What a wonderful hotel in the cultural district of Pittsburgh. Harkens back to what hotels and service used to be. Very comfortable bed, and everything smelled so clean! Excellent place to stay when attending a concert, theater or in our case a Penguins game. Everyone was very attentive to our needs, even jumping off of a ladder to open the door. Had drinks in the hotel bar after the game, just a great time all around. Plan to do this again!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (402)
KNOXVILLE
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Everyone was very nice and helpful. Check-in was fast. The employees were all friendly. Everyone greeted us and opened the doors for us. They called cabs for us and even let us print something off on their printer. You can't beat the location. It is with in walking distance to everything. The only downfall was the view. There was no view from our room 418. We could only see the rooms across from us :( Other people had great views but I think it is more expensive. I highly recommend this hotel. It is expensive but the location is worth it.

Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 December 2013

My husband and I traveled up from NC to PA for the Steelers game this past weekend and we were super excited since this was a wedding present to both of us. When we first arrived it was somewhat raining/snowing and my husband pulled up to the curb and I got out to ask the doorman where we could park and he completely ignored me and walked right passed me to get someone a taxi, which the taxi had already stopped and the people were already getting into. My husband had to roll down the window and stop the guy while I was standing in the raining weather to ask him where we could park for the hotel parking. He just pointed. That was the first experience.
Second experience was the check-in. The lady who checked us in was nice, however, when she said "Our room was ready and would I like to add my husband Mark's name to the room", my husband looked at me and said "who's Mark?" I don't know where the lady got that name from, but I said" I don't know who Mark is my husband's name is Chris". Bad move lady for any couple. Third, I was standing in line to check-out and my husband went off to load the luggage in the car. I was really upset with the checkout because the lady said "Can I help you guys" "How was you guys stay" "Do you guys need help with luggage" I don't mind the word "guys," but I was the only one that walked up to the counter and was talking to her and she kept looking off at someone else while she was speaking to me not even giving any eye contact. I look behind me and it was an old man standing and waiting for the next person. She kept looking at him and when I would answer her questions I would have to repeat myself twice because she wasn't paying attention. Poor service from entry, check-in and check-out. Great location for the game, but service, not politeness needs work! Staying there I felt like a room number, not a guest and I am also a Marriott Rewards Member.

1 Thank LindsM09
Aarau, Switzerland
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I stayed one night for a Steelers game. Heinz field is in walking distance.

Staff seemed to be overwhelmed with masses of Steelers fans checking in at the same time. Overqll great stay in a clean room with free wifi.

Recommand it.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Regina, Canada
Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

A friend and I recently stayed at this hotel during a "sports weekend" in Pittsburgh. The hotel is perectly located. It is just across the river from the ball park and two subways stops to both Heinze Field and Consol Energy Center. You could walk to the stadium but the weather was poor so we chose the train. The hotel is two blocks from the train station.

The hotel is an older grand hotel and is very nice. The rooms are small but finished nicely and service is excellent. It is a bit pricey if you boom directly. I booked through Priceline and thought the value was excellent.

There is not a lot of nightlife in the immediate area. There is a good sportsbar called Red Beards across the street and it is a $7 taxi ride to South Side bar strip.

Great hotel that I would definitley recommend.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Arlington, VA
Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

Great hotel in perfect downtown location with views of the river and ballparks. Gorgeous lobby, and the staff are so friendly and helpful. It was a great value, very reasonable rate for a suite-like room with sitting area a view of the river. Walking distance to Market Square, PNC, Heinz Field and all theaters. Has a great lobby bar.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Carlsbad, California
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Distinctive architecture and beautifully decorated. Not only were the amenities on point, but the building itself is filled with the flavor of Pittsburg. It is easy to find a nice hotel with perks, but where this hotel sets itself apart is that it gives you all of those perks in way that allows you to enjoy something unique to Pittsburg. I traveled in on a red eye and the hotel staff was excellent enough to find a room I could check into well ahead of the 3pm check-in time so I could get some sleep. Forever grateful! The beds are some of the most comfortable I've ever slept in, exactly what you expect from the Marriott brand. Bonus was that the curtains were heavy enough to block the sun light so I could actually get some solid sleep. They had an extended breakfast still running after I woke up and the food was good quality - especially considering it was 10am by this point. The oatmeal and coffee were still hot, the fruit was still fresh, I was very pleased. All of the staff I ran into were very polite, made eye contact, greeted you and were helpful. The view from my room was amazing. I could see right into the Pirates stadium and for a solo traveler I couldn't have asked for a better location. Very easy to get to the main roads to drive and walking distance from everything downtown you'd want to do or see.

Room Tip: If you're a sports fan ask for a room that overlooks the stadium. You won't be disappointed...