“Excellent service, great location, comfortable hotel”

Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel
Ranked #12 of 71 Hotels in Pittsburgh
nyc
“Excellent service, great location, comfortable hotel”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Went to Pittsburgh for the weekend to catch a baseball game and see some of the local sites. From the moment we arrived until we left, the staff was excellent. We also got a lovely room with an incredible view of the ballpark and the river.

Room Tip: High floor facing the river. I think you do not want a room on the inside courtyard.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
Reviewed 28 June 2014

My husband and I were visiting family in the Pittsburgh area and wanted a nice place to stay for our 20th anniversary. We had made reservations for a restaurant a few blocks away, so we decided on the Renaissance. The front desk was extremely welcoming and provided great information about the hotel. Our room was basic, but the view was nice, the bed very comfortable, and the location great. We enjoyed drinks in the bar before dinner and service was good. We had access to the concierge lounge, but never made it up to check it out. Overall, it was an excellent choice for our special occasion. I am not sure if they provide anything "extra" for special occasions, as I had noted we were celebrating our 20th anniversary but I do not think the hotel was made aware of that.

Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I do not know where to start. Was it the similes we received when we arrived at 11:30pm on a Friday night. The more then welcoming front desk, who's two names I wish I could remember. Giving us each a complementary dinner. Unfortunately the kitchen was closed, but the bar was not so enjoyed some very very sting drinks. The bar was a little slow, and a like pricy, but maybe it was the long drive with little to eat, but we all only needed on drink. We had a double queen room with a courtyard room and it was MASSIVE, with more than enough room for 4 people. The beds were also declared as 'heaven' for the rest if the weekend. The hotel is also in the perfect location. A 5mins walk to the market square, and about a 15mins walk to 'The Strip'. A jaunt over the bridge to watch the pirates play for 10/15min walk to Heinz field. Overall I would 100% suggest this hotel if you are heading to Pittsburgh, friendly and attentive staff, a perfect location with a clean comfortable large room. Everything you are looking for in a hotel!!

My only complaint

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Laurachit21
Chantilly, VA
Reviewed 21 June 2014

For Father's Day, my husband and I made a road trip to Cleveland to see the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and a night in Pittsburgh to ride the incline something I had never done. Based on other reviews, we decided to stay at the Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel and I'm so glad we did. We got to Pittsburgh about 11:30 am and were pleasantly surprised that we were able to check in early. The room was a king size city view and we loved it, very spacious, comfortable bed. And the bathroom was so well laid out that we wish we had one like it at home. We parked across the street in the city garage and only paid $5 - great tip from other reviewers. The hotel is in a great location and we wandered around quite a bit. The 3 Rivers Arts Festival was taking place that weekend and we were right there. Staff was very helpful on directions and suggestions for restaurants. When we got back to Virginia, I realized that I had left my prescription reading glasses in the case in the room. I called housekeeping and Judy already had them in her hands and graciously sent them to me at no charge. Will definitely be back. The building is quite beautiful and has an interesting history. There was a wedding taking place that afternoon/evening in the hotel and the wedding party was on our floor. The only time we heard them was when we were by the elevator! Great sound proofing.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a city view.
Lake Jackson, Texas
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed for three nights on business travel. The room was attractive, clean and large enough to be quite comfortable. The bed and bedding were very comfortable. The high-speed complimentary internet worked well for my business connectivity. The lobby area is very attractive with a mix of the grandeur of an old bank building, along with interesting decorations.

The hotel is very convenient to the baseball stadium, which is just over the bridge - a 10 minute walk. I think it would also be a longer, but still reasonable, walk to football.

Only minor negatives:
- I arrived quite late, and there were quite a few "characters" outside. I would not feel safe taking a walk alone after dark.
- The hotel didn't have a breakfast buffet. They do have a menu breakfast, but service was a bit slow, which can be an issue when on business travel.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sondra G
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We only spent a night in Pittsburgh, but we were glad it was at this hotel. Great location - close to stadiums, the Strip, Market Square, Point State Park...all within walking distance.

The room was large and clean. My wife thought the mattress was a bit "soft" though.

We drove in and at the suggestion of other users, we parked overnight in the lot across from the hotel and had no issues.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We spent four nights in the Reanaissance hotel in Pittsburgh. The king room was beautiful! The beds are so comfy! It was very quiet and the cleaning staff did an excellent job. Check in was crazy as they had six weddings. Our check in was late. That was disappointing. They were apologetic. I think they should offer you to sit in the restaurant or bar and enjoy an appetizer on them while waiting. A suggestion in the future. This hotel is in walking distance to the stadium to see the pirates play. I also enjoy that it was close to the theatre district. The Restaurant was lovely but be prepared like most hotels that it's pricey for breakfast. Two ommlets and juice was almost 40 dollars. I recommend if you are asking directions to stick to the front desk. We asked some of the staff outside and we had wrong directions twice. We did get one man who works out side who was wonderful giving us some suggestions for dinner places. Parking your car in the garage across the street saves you lots of money. Four nights was only 30 dollars over 30 dollars a night the hotel charges. I would recommend this hotel to any of my friends.

Room Tip: Room 625 was beautiful!