“Great vacation away from it all”

Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel
Ranked #16 of 71 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Randomly, my wife and I decided we would go to the Benedum Theater down the street and then stay at the Renaissance afterwards. Hotel is conveniently located downtown, the staff are friendly, and the rooms are quiet and clean. Only thing to note about this hotel are than the elevators are...well...old and somewhat scary. Could be time for an upgrade :)

But overall this is a great place to stay if you are in Pittsburgh.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed for a weekend for a wedding. The staff was friendly, the gym was awesome, and the rooms are big. We had a view of the river and stadium. The bar was cool too. The valet guys were happy to help with directions and cabs. If you want to save money, park yourself in the garage across the street.

While we were not fans of the city, the location of the hotel and the service was great.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I was here for a conference and the hotel is fantastic. The staff was very accommodating when upon arrival I saw that my room faced a parking deck. They were very kind and moved me to the other side of the hotel where I overlooked the river.
The features of the hotel's conference area were very nice. The look of the lobby is classic with a great ceiling. The bar and bartenders are also top notch.
There are a number of great restaurants in the area, as well as walking distance to theaters, museums and shops. The river is at your doorstep, as well as the stadiums across the bridge.
A great experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Booked early for Club Floor (City View) which would include access to club lounge for breakfast and snacks.

Arrived in hotel and was told that there was no Club Floor room. First I was told may be I booked through some travel sites etc. but when I told them that I specifically booked through the hotel website they found a room for me on the Club Floor.

The hotel is VERY ordinary inside - rooms are clean but nothing memorable. The worst is the food in the Club Lounge. The staff (especially the woman) was wonderful, friendly. But the food!! I would not buy if I have to pay for it: croissant was tough! snacks (eggrolls, fried wonton, sausage rolls etc.) almost inedible.

The bathtub tap leaked unless one tightens it a lot so that it became difficult to turn on. Informed the front desk that the tap needed a new washer and was told that it would be fixed right away. When I returned in the evening - the tap was tightened (a lot) so that it didn't drip. Nothing was fixed.

Price was good compared to Fairmont; but based on quality and service - would not stay there again. Actually the gym was fine.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Paul N, General Manager at Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you for the feedback regarding the Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel. We are very proud of our unique guestrooms. We have some of the largest rooms in the city, great river views, high ceilings and historic flair. I am sorry this did not appeal to you. We will review your comments as we continue to plan our rooms renovations now scheduled for 2015. Once again, thank you for taking the time to let us know your opinion.

Paul Newmaster

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Our recent stay at the Renaissance Pittsburgh was wonderful. The hotel was easy to find, the staff was courteous & helpful, while our dinner at Braddock's was delicious. We were attending the Paul McCartney concert at Consol Energy Center & it was a nice walk from the hotel...approximately 15 minutes. Our room was spacious with a beautiful view of the football (Steelers) & baseball (Pirates) venues. This would also be a great place to stay if attending a game...you could walk! We didn't have an opportunity to explore much of the city but definitely want to return & will stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the river/stadiums!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The Pittsburgh Renaissance is one of the finest hotels I have found. From the minute you get out of the taxi and are greated by an excellent door staff, to the front desk service, to the concierge staff to the housekeeping and maintenance staff. Braddocks, the hotel restaurant, is among the finest in Pittsburgh with a current and superbly crafted menu. The staff could not be friendlier and more accommodating. The Pittsburgh Renaissance is conveniently in the Pittsburgh threatre district and walking distance to the Pirates' and Steelers' stadiums. A five star in my book, so book it!

Room Tip: No tip, I have stayed here for 10+ years and never had a bad room!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Bruce D
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Excellent stay. I would highly recommend it to anyone. The room was great and the staff was friendly and professional. Very easy to get to all the ball parks. Reasonably priced and family friendly. I give it an A Plus!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family