“Always the best!”

Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel
Ranked #19 of 72 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Just spent our annual weekend at the Renaissance Hotel in Pittsburgh. This is a classic hotel from yesteryear with beautiful marble floors and tile ceilings. Rooms are spacious and well appointed, with high end Aveda toiletries. Location is ideal, close to the river, the Strip district and PNC Park. Beautiful floor to ceiling windows overlook the river and stadium. Won't stay anywhere else when visiting Pittsburgh!

Room Tip: Opt for a room with a river view.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

This was my third stay at this particular Renaissance and I'm so disappointed that I will not return. Check-in was smooth and very friendly. When I went to my room, as soon as I entered the bathroom I saw a short, dark hair that did not belong to me in the corner. Then I saw another in the tub. I called down even though I hate to be "that person". They apologized and said they would send housekeeping up. I would have preferred a different room because you can't help but wonder how clean everything else is. About 15 minutes later, housekeeping came up. I described the issue and then went to the concierge lounge to get out of the way. When I returned, they had gone. In the morning when I showered, I saw another short, dark hair on the inside of the shower curtain. This became a deal breaker for me. I was scheduled to stay here again next week, but before I checked out I called Marriott to book the Marriott City Center instead and cancel this reservation. On my way out in the morning, I asked to speak to a manager. She was in a meeting but I was told would be out in less than 5 minutes. I waited 10 minutes, and had to go. An hour later the front desk called me and left a message. When I tried to call back it rang and rang. No answer, no voicemail.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Paul N, General Manager at Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding the Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel. We will review your comments in our next staff meeting as we strive to be the cleanest and friendliest hotel in the business. I can assure you that this is an isolated incident and the proper training and review will take place to make sure it does not happen again.

Paul Newmaster

Reviewed 14 August 2014

When in Pittsburgh we try to stay at the Renaissance, because of its convenience
to PNC Park and Heinz Field. A big bonus is the friendly staff and fabulous views of the river and PNC Park!! Try to get a river view room and enjoy the bar in the lobby, great fun. good people!!

Room Tip: High rooms better with river view, corner rooms best.
Reviewed 13 August 2014

When doing business in this Midwestern city, the Renaissance Pittsburgh is my hotel of choice. Rachel, who was at the front desk, exceeded all of my expectations. The room she arranged for me was outstanding -- and the views were par none. This property has a great team from the restaurant manager to the Club Level representatives. Keep up the great work!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We have stayed at the Renaissance in Pittsburgh twice - terrific location, good restaurant, good bar. Really, it's a great place to stay if you're in town for a sporting event or an event in the cultural district.

Room Tip: The 08 rooms are corner rooms overlooking the river and baseball stadium. Great views.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My husband and I took our two granddaughters to Pittsburgh to watch a Pirates game and we stayed at the Renaissance using Hilton points. This is a very elegant hotel and my granddaughters were awed with the ambiance immediately upon walking into the lobby. The rooms were exceptionally large, the beds inviting, and the towels plush. The staff was exceptional and our call for extra wash clothes was met with an immediate response. We really enjoyed our overnight except for the late night guests carousing down the hall who kept our family awake into the wee hours of the morning and the maid who tried to get into our room before we were ready to leave. The location is perfect if you want to catch a Pirates baseball game. We walked out the door, across the walkbridge, and there was the stadium. I would not recommend the buffet breakfast at the hotel restaurant as service is very slow and we were very disappointed with the limited variety of food for the price paid. Every pastry and bread product was gone and it was only when I asked to have the price lowered that toast was offered as an alternative. But again, this hotel is very elegant and the rooms very luxurious.

Room Tip: Ask to NOT be on a floor with bridal parties. Park across the street in the garage and save the val...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Went to the Renaissance in Pittsburgh on our wedding night and had a stay to remember. When the staff found out it was our wedding day, everyone from the valet to the desk clerk to the bell hop went out of their way to make our stay a special one. We were treated like royalty! Now, this is already a top-notch hotel and it is why we chose it our visit to Pittsburgh as we had stayed here a few times previously and always had an excellent time. It is remarkable and historic property, centrally located close to both sporting events and culture. But this stay was so much more and the hospitality that we received was second to none. We will be guests for life!