and 1 more site!
Ranked #50 of 68 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Great Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

I had to travel to Pittsburgh for a family emergency and decided to stay here. We were very pleased with the hotel and the staff was very accommodating. We are platinum members and have been for a few years and recommend this location to anyone. Not a prime location but quiet and centrally located in the city. Very clean, comfortable, secure and outstanding staff.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Korean first
Spring City, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

We have stayed at this Residence Inn before and found it acceptable. Unfortunately this time we had a really bad stay and it was especially bad because we were in a position in which we were not able to change rooms. Thus, due to paper thin walls, and some very loud and strange noises next door--which continued most of the night, we didn't sleep even a minute all night. The beds were also awful but quite honestly, I still might have slept if not for the neighbors.
Breakfast was very good--lots of choices; however, we left after one night and found another place to stay.
Something else to consider is the parking fee of $15, which can be avoided at other hotels.
Would not return when much nicer places are available for slightly more money. And they have thicker walls!

Room Tip: With walls this thin, I'm not sure it's possible.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed with multiple families and needed lots if extra room . Great staff, big rooms , good breakfast and lots of room for the kids to spread out. Staff was so nice and very flexible with giving us extra space for our large group. Safe parking and decent location.

Stayed January 2014
Chester Springs, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

I got a great rate on Priceline and was pleasantly surprised with the convenient location, room size, and cleanliness. The only draw back is that the location off Bigelow Blvd. is fraught with one way streets so it's easy to miss a turn and have to loop back around. I was disappointed with the $15 overnight parking fee in the garage, but the street doesn't lend itself to street parking so I guess this was the best option. The hotel is an easy walk to N. Craig st.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank CMO2013
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

With discount, the 1 bedroom queen room cost us $89+tax. Pros: room clean and decor was dated but acceptable by the family, we found free street parking for our truck and the truck was there in the morning (bonus), breakfast was good. Hotel cheat sheet provided to assist with internal hotel navigation.

Cons: Staff at Check-in were not very friendly and instead of welcoming us, she slid what she referred to as a "No Party" contract for us to sign. They obviously have had some issues. I was already familiar with the parking situation, but the desk clerk did not ask if we needed to park or covered how it works. The parking was covered in the "No Party" contract that they asked us to sign. $20 for parking in the garage charged to your room.... our truck did not fit the 6'8 height restriction so we could not use. Also covered in the No Party contract was the no smoking policy. She gave us two cards which did not work and DH had to go back down to get them reprogrammed. We were on the second floor which smelled of curry. The room itself did not have a smell or maybe since were standing in the hallway for so long we were acclimated to the smell. The room was hot.....moving the dial to cool did nothing. It had to be at least 85 degrees, but no way to know for sure because there was no thermostat giving the reading. The carpet in the room was very worn having some burn marks. The room was much smaller than other Residence Inn Queen bed rooms. No place to put our stuff in the BR. Layout was poor, to get to the bathroom, you have to go through the bedroom.

We only stayed for one night. Would I stay here again? Only if I was strapped for cash,otherwise I think I will pay a few more dollars for a nicer hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Waynesboro, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

I struggled with how to review this hotel. The building is a bit dated and the rooms reflect this and as a number have pointed out, the two stage elevator situation is rather bizarre, but overall it is a decent hotel.

The problem lies in what I would call a definite lack of attentiveness from the staff. Our room was never quite made up right - towels missing, no wash cloths, didn't restock the toilet paper, etc. I asked at the desk once for some towels and they were delivered 4 hrs later. The shuttles were another issue, they were highly irregular and if you called the driver you got one of two responses - be there in 10 minutes (which I heard repeated for 45 minutes!) or it went straight to voicemail and you couldn't tell them where to pick you up. Very frustrating.

So bottom line, expect decent rooms, pretty steep pricing for what you get and not much service...

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Jeff L
Wilmington, Delaware
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

I've stayed here twice while looking at colleges and then again while moving my daughter into college. The first time was okay. We had an issue with a staff member being rude to several guests, but the manager apologized and made the situation right. The 2nd time it was a bad enough experience that I doubt we will be returning. Not only was the room FILTHY, our room didn't get cleaned when they were cleaning rooms. We were there for 2 days and did not have the do not disturb sign on our door since we needed fresh towels and linens. We called the front desk when no one had stopped by by 2 pm. We were told that they were still working the floors and that we would definitely get cleaned. 4:30 pm, I called again. The guy on the other end of the line said Oh when I told him that my room still hadn't been visited. I then waited for him to tell me that was someone would be coming or even apologize, but he simply hung up on me. I thought for sure it was an accident so I waited for him to call me back. When he didn't call me back after several minutes, I called him back and asked him if he accidentally got disconnected from me and he simply said No. I then asked him what was going on and he said he would send someone up. No one came. The next time I called I asked for a manager. He apologized and came up personally to make sure the room got clean, this was almost 7pm at night. He was very gracious and I appreciate his behavior. His name was Dan. However the rest of the staff was atrocious and the hotel is in massive need of a good cleaning and upgrading. In addition to these problems are the homeless people that hang out in the lobby downstairs. You would think that security would remove them, but apparently not. Also the pool and jacuzzi have way too much chlorine in them. My whole family had issues with it.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family