“History at its best”
Review of Homewood Cemetery

Homewood Cemetery
Ranked #76 of 187 things to do in Pittsburgh
Reviewed 13 May 2013

It may seem like an odd choice for a walk but the Homewood Cemetery is full of history and architecture you will see no where else in Pittsburgh. I love the array of angel statues that are there and the mosoleums are bigger than some apartments I lived in. Be sure to take a camera along.

5  Thank bookladyjol

Reviewed 8 February 2013

This old cemetery is so pretty, and very big. I tend to lose my bearngs a bit whenever I have the time to roam around there, which is about once a year. There is the Millionairs Row, where many of Pittsburgh's elite and founding fathers are buried, with really grand structures marking their final restring place

2  Thank Janis R
Reviewed 3 February 2013

My husband and I started in Frick Park and took the Homewood trail to the cemetery. Including wandering through the cemetery, we went about four miles. The trail is lovely. We focused on Millionaire's Row in the cemetery, which was fascinating--area history, art, natural beauty. We definitely plan to return when it is warmer (about 25 day of our visit) to explore more of the cemetery. There was something so fitting about being there in the starkness of winter, it was worth braving the cold!

3  Thank ILoveFerns
Reviewed 18 December 2012

This Cemetary, and the Homewood Cemetary have the most famous Pittsburger's buried there, along with some well known historical figures---they give guided tours for free. By the way--it is said that both are haunted.

Reviewed 25 November 2012

Two reasons to go: (1) the older sections are interesting, with graves dating to the mid 1800s. Sad to see how many are babies, and how often baby and mother are buried together, probably a result of death in childbirth. (2) nice place to go for a walk or bike-ride: hilly paths through greenery

2  Thank SaulPittsburgh