“The best prepared coffee in Pittsburgh”

21st Street Coffee and Tea
Ranked #18 of 35 Coffee & Tea in Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“The best prepared coffee in Pittsburgh”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I am a coffee snob and addict at the same time. I go to great lengths to make my own coffee as well as possible so I do not have to rely on subpar coffee shops. That being said, 21st Street coffee in the Strip District is a place that I try to go to whenever and wherever I am dining in the Strip. All the baristas have mad skills and knowledge to make excellent coffee's. My personal favorite is the machiatto which is espresso with a little foam. It must be consumed in the coffee shop in the ceramic cup. Always tastes perfect and the extra effort and skill to make the foam art on top of the coffee is appreciated! The selection of dark chocolate bars is expensive but worth tasting. Sometimes it takes a little long to make the coffee the right way but it is worth it.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Bassman64

McLean, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great latte”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Lovely space. Great latte. I'm picky about my lattes and cappuccinos. This one's a winner. Will be back next time I'm in Pittsburgh.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Margaret W
New York City, New York
“Overpriced cafe”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

It is overpriced. I paid $4.5 for a small regular coffee. I think it is too much for a small regular coffee and the taste was not outstanding. You have to ask for milk. They do not keep it on the counter.

• Visited December 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“A bit pricey, very snooty”
Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

You have to ask for sugar and/or milk, and they give you attitude for having the nerve to expect to be able to fix the coffee/tea you have just paid for to your taste preferences. And I was disappointed on a day when the temperature exceeded 90 degrees to find it was hot and humid inside, with just a couple of ceiling fans. Not sure how they stay in business with the condescending attitude, but I won't go back.

Visited June 2013
Pittsburgh
“Best coffee I've ever had”
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Yes, it's pricey. But not overpriced. If you want decent coffee, go to Dunkin Donuts; they make a darned fine pot.

They barely even have any pastries. Really, it's a coffee bar; not a breakfast place that serves coffee.

But if you want a memorable espresso, go here. Period.

• Visited February 2013