“Girls Night”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Girls Night”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

My friends and I dined to celebrate the end of my pregnancy at Ichiban in Fox Chapel on a Wednesday evening. We sat at the bar and enjoyed cocktails (just Shirley Temples for me) for the Happy Hour. The drink specials were very reasonable and so were the appetizers. For $3 a plate we sampled the Pork Gyozas and Rock Shrimp. Both were very delicious and riveled the appetizers at Nakama. For dinner we moved to the hibachi tables. The usual hibachi presentation was fun but nothing unexpected. I had the strip steak and scallops with the fried rice, vegetables, and noodles. I thought the steak was cooked perfectly medium rare. The scallops were also delicious. The fried rice was a little bit undercooked and did not quite have the crunch I was hoping for. The taste of the dish overall was very good and I will definilty be back. This would definitly be a fun place for a birthday celebration because they do a nice little presentation complete with an ice cream sundae.

• Visited November 2013

Pittsburgh, PA
“Poor customer service”
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

Went to ichiban for birthday celebration along with other customers celebrating their child's birthday. We went hibachi. The cook lacked personality, did not entertain at all. Children in party celebrating b'day expecting entertainment. His customer service was HORRIBLE. Made customer wait while he cleaned grill to get more seafood sauce. I personally did not tip cook. If u are celebrating don't choose this place.

• Visited November 2013
Zele, Belgium
“good japanese”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

another good experience around the marriott airport hotel, nice and friendly service, with good food quality and decent pricing,
a good place to go with a group

Visited August 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great place!”
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I absolutely love this restaurant. Whether it's hibachi with the fire, or regular the food is great. I personally love the hibachi steak. Prices are a bit high, but the food portions are on the large side. Great place for friends, couples, families, and especially birthdays. The employees have a great birthday celebration, including a disco ball. EAT HERE!

• Visited May 2013
Pittsburgh
“Fun and fire!”
Reviewed 22 June 2013

My wife and I went to Ichiban with some friends. However, we've been there for birthdays, and parties before. The employees and management never disappoint! We sometimes get take out and have dinner at home. When we want to eat in the restaurant, we always sit at the hibachi. The chefs put on a good show; fun and fire!

Visited February 2013