“Worst hotel stay ever” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn - Pittsburgh / Steubenville Pike

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Comfort Inn - Pittsburgh / Steubenville Pike
Ranked #54 of 68 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Lebanon, Pennsylvania
“Worst hotel stay ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2011

I had reserved a non-smoking room. When I arrived, I was told that there were no more non-smoking rooms left, so I was upgraded to a king jacuzzi suite. The room was still a smoking room. There were burn holes in the bedspread, the tile was loose around the jacuzzi and lifting up. The worst part was finding the cigarette butt on the desk chair and ashes all over the desk chair. I went to Walmart and purchased a bottole of Febreze to make the smell tolerable. Nothing was done by the management to compensate for this inconvenience. I will never stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2011

My husband and I drove from the Philadelphia suburbs to Batavia, Ohio for a family members birthday party and we made a stop in Pittsburgh for our halfway mark. We've stayed at other Comfort Inns over the years, and have never dealt with something so repugnant.
We arrived around seven at night. The woman at the front desk either couldn't or wouldn't understand "smoking room with a king or queen sized bed" so getting the room took much longer than it should have. At first we were impressed at the size of the room, but after taking a shower I saw that the towels hadn't been changed. There was toothpaste on the one smaller towel from the previous occupant, make-up stains on the other and god-knows-what on the larger towels. When I went to use the bathroom, it hadn't been cleaned. There was a nice fecal sample left on the bowl.
The bed was full of someones hair that wasn't mine or my husbands.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jennyCash29
Altoona, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2010

We had room 303 on the third floor. Except for room 301, our room was surrounded with smoking rooms. We also noted that many non-smoking rooms were surrounded by smoking rooms. The smell of smoke permeated the halls and seeped into our room. Also the TV must be turned on and off manually, so while you can change channels from your bed, you must get out of bed to turn off the TV. The desk clerk told me the TV's in ALL the rooms work that way.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
lakewood,ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2010

My husband reserved 3 rooms for our extended family for one night, October 23, 2010 . The TV in one of the rooms didn't work, the toilet in one of the rooms wouldn't flush, and toilet seats in two of the rooms were loose. If you are from a state that prohibits smoking in hotels and restaurants, you will notice residual cigarette smoke odors in the "non-smoking" rooms. One of the hotel's guests who was checking out when we were had the unfortunate experience of being awakened in the middle of the night by water dripping on her from an overflowing tub in the room above. I don't want the inconvenience of moving to another room after I've already settled in. Management needs to consistently maintain their rooms to avoid these poor customer service issues.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2010

The bedspread had a burn hole in it and the air conditioner was too noisy to use. The beds
are small. The only interaction with the desk clerk was minimal, as if she was using a script. We didn't stay for the breakfast, not inviting, so we ended up spending more money
than anticipated. The free wi-fi didn't work while we were there and we had planned to use it for work purposes. This was a disappointment.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
WV
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2010

I am amazed that some folks had bad experiences with this hotel. I stayed here so that I could be close to the Pittsburgh airport for an early morning flight. The hotel staff were very friendly and very helpful. Snowed soon after I arrived so that instead of going out to dinner, I ordered over the phone. The hotel staff suggested a local restaurant that would deliver, and even recommended dinner items. The room was clean and comfortable, quiet, and had a good internet connection was which necessary since I was here on business. The breakfast which came with the room was excellent and more than met my needs (yogurt, bagels, fruit).

I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2009

I booked this hotel because the pictures made it look nice. I'm very picky on hotel beds and cleanliness, but this hotel seem to meet my expectations. WRONG!
First off I didn't know the G20 Summit was being held the week we were going to be in town. The rates for Wed night (our last night, and the night the world leaders started to arrive) DOUBLED in price. I needed to extend the trip for the extra night, but the room was booked, so we were going to have to change rooms Wednesday morning.

Our first room was smelly, dingy and dark. The view from our window was DIRT! It was a huge mountain that came within a foot of our window. So NO VIEW. The smell was terrible so we kept spraying our own spray to mask the smell. We were told there were no other rooms for us to go too so we were stuck with this smelly room. This hotel has no pool, which we knew going into. Also.... there was no guest access computer available.. which we really could have used for booking shows etc. HOWEVER, Wednesday when the hotel was getting guests in for the G20 Summit, all of a sudden they install a generic computer station for guest to use! Nice to know that regular guest don't mean anything but financial reporters do!

Our second room was better. After a long process of the man at the desk checking us out and re checking us in, we were given our new room with the rate being double. The room smelled so much better and had a whirlpool in it, with a flat screen tv. It was a nice upgrade from the generic tv we had in the other room.

I checked my email from my PDA to find that a "Membership Package" was being sent to my home address for a program with the hotel that I was never asked to sign up for. I thought I was a victim of credit card theft and was freaking out. I called the 1-800 number only to find out that the hotel staff took it upon themselves to sign me up for this rewards program using ALL of my infomation including my email address which I only gave to receive the reservation confirmation. I was FURIOUS!!! And will never ever stay here again!!! This hotel has ruined the hotel chain name for me.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple